Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    See? That proves it: the whole thing is my fault! Admittedly, it didn't go quite the way I'd pictured it, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from claiming credit anyway. LOL!

And seeing as I also started a thread questioning Weir's leadership abilities and the consistency/use of her character, maybe I should take credit for whatever's happening to her character in S3-4, too.
    Well, that's all I needed to hear.
    *prepares to rage against Shadow for all eternity, all unreasonable-like*
    I'll just assume the last sentence in your post was unimportant and not read it.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      At this time and in complete denial of the whole "fans have no impact" debacle, I'd like to take full credit not only for getting Sunday on the air, but for Carson's involvement in it. *smug smirk*

Seriously, though, I was skimming over the threads I've made and rediscovered my Gero's "Day Off" ep idea thread wherein I said...

See? That proves it: the whole thing is my fault! Admittedly, it didn't go quite the way I'd pictured it, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from claiming credit anyway. LOL!

And seeing as I also started a thread questioning Weir's leadership abilities and the consistency/use of her character, maybe I should take credit for whatever's happening to her character in S3-4, too.

(For those who aren't sure, I'm being facetious- but I still think the Carson stuff was funny even though it's completely coincidental).
      Wel,l heck, then get going on 'weir is back and carter is gone' mantra! and beckett ain't toast, although I don't see how they could logically fix that mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        and beckett ain't toast, although I don't see how they could logically fix that mistake.
        Since when has logic ever matter to TPTB?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          It is intresting that the fans don't ask question about Ronon. Why? I hope he get a bigger story arc too in season 4.
          I read the blog every day and I remember reading several questions about Ronon. I don't remember the exact days, but they are certainly there. One of the questions about Ronon is mine, and I remember questions about Ronon from other people as well.

Comment

In today's post, I asked 2 questions and here they are:
            NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “1) In your opinion, How does Unending compare to the other Potential SG-1 series finales, "Revelations," "Full Circle," "Lost City," and "Moebius?" […]

2) What was the most Expensive Single episode of SG-1 & SGA (I expect an answer from each series)? And what was the most expensive episode of SG-1 & SGA (again an answer from each series), visual effects-wise?”

Answer: 1) Like the many other almost-series finales that came before it, Unending is a wonderfully bitter-sweet episode that will no doubt make it on to many a fan’s top ten list.

2) The most expensive SGA episode is the season three finale: First Strike. The most expensive SG-1 episode was the season nine finale: Camelot. In both cases, most of the costs went to visual effects.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos also writes: “Joe, your the man, your listed as one of my Heroes on the MySpace page.”

Answer: I more comfortable with the role of villain but, okay, hero would be cool too. Do I get a cape?
            sigpic

Comment

UberAmandaFan writes: “Do you have anymore names of episodes to leak to the fans?”

Answer: Sure. Tabula Rasa.
              Was that known already?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

^Nope. So we have 8 episode titles now.

4x01 Adrift
                4x02 Lifeline
                4x03 Reunion

Doppelganger
                The Seer
                Travelers
                Missing
                Tabula Rasa

4x10 Midseason Two-parter Part 1
                4x11 Midseason Two-parter Part 2 (both confirmed by JM)
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

So unless the titles have been changed (like, 2 of them are the same episode or something), we're just 1 title short of the first half of the season.

Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    So unless the titles have been changed (like, 2 of them are the same episode or something), we're just 1 title short of the first half of the season.
                    I think we are two titles short -- unless you know the title of the mid-season two parter?
                    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

March 10

Crazymom writes: “I was watching "Duet" last night. If you remember, whose idea was it to have Sheppard leaning on that fake torso while watching Ronan spar with the Marines?”

Answer: That was a directorial decision.

Night Spring writes: “When did you decide that Atlantis would reestablish connection with Earth at the end of S1?”

Answer: While we were working on the latter back half of the season.

Trace writes: “Could you tell us when you actually film during the year, when you take the mid season break and what you do during the break.”

Answer: We started shooting season four on March 1st. The timing of our mid-season break differs from season to season. I believe we’ll get some time off in July. As for what we do - depends who you’re asking. If it’s the writers: we’re usually writing.

Caryn writes: “1) You've said Torri will be appearing in the first half of the season, but the second half hasn't been looked at properly yet. Is there a plan to have her in the second half of season four? 2) Is the plan to get rid of the character completely? 3) Is there a hope of her returning as a regular in season five.”

Answer: 1) We have yet to start spinning story ideas for the back half of season four. 2) I don’t want to say too much about what we have in store regarding the character but, as I’ve previously stated, the plan has been to make her a part of a significant arc. 3) Truthfully, we aren’t even thinking about season five right now.

Majorsal writes: “Will Sam be in: 1 - the first 14 eps? 2 - the middle eps? 3 - the last 14 eps? 4 - mixed around?”

Answer: 4.

Majorsal also writes: “Also, i've heard that amanda has been given the go-ahead to keep her hair extensions: can you tell me how it'll look? (up in a bun, braided, pony tail?)”

Answer: Her hair will be in keeping with standing Air Force regulations.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Who is your favorite character to pen, and why?”

Answer: Right now, I’m enjoying writing Ronon because there is still so much to learn about him.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Do you guys feel bad about holding up production on Sanctuary with forcing AT to be on Atlantis? It's pretty obvious she wants to move on, but is being held to her option.”

Answer: I assume you’re either joking or pitiably oblivious. Let’s say the former. Ha ha ha. Good one. Yeah, she’s been crying every day she comes to set.

Royal Nonesuch writes: “Any hopes of seeing Major Paul Davis again?”

Answer: Not in Atlantis but maybe one of the SG- movies.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Nobody except Carl Binder seems to know how to write for Teyla and Elizabeth. It seems to a lot of us that most of the writers don't understand women. Funny how Carl's the one who gets it, given the fact he seems to be a fair bit older than most of the others.”

Answer: Heh heh heh. Now that you mention it, it IS funny. Yeah, that “fair bit older” Carl will often set aside his curmdgeony disposition and, on the odd days his arthritis isn’t acting up and he is able to shuffle in and remembers where his office is - and he isn’t off chasing those pesky kids out of those Jello trees - he does do great work. Granted, he’s a long way from his early years on Sid Caesar’s Your Show of Shows, but he keeps right on going. Amazing. As for none of the other writers being able to write Weir or Teyla - how in the world did you manage to get through the entire first season before Carl came on board?

Artheval writes: “I would like to know if we would be going to see french people on Atlantis in season 4?”

Answer: It’s very possible.

Elinor writes: “Can we expect a bit more of Sheppard 'pushed to his limits', as it were, in s4?”

Answer: Yup.

Mark writes: “Is it possible that you ever go and post on gateworld forums under another user name (not asking for the name, just if you do)? If not, do you still "lurk" there?
                      Oh, and do Canadians recognize any type of daylight savings times?”

Answer: I’ve never posted under pseudonym at Gateworld, but I have recently swung by after being tipped off to some occasionally interesting/befuddling/unintentionally hilarious posts. As for daylight savings times, Canadians do recognize it but, here, it’s known as Chinook Post-Snow Maple Leaf Go-Ahead Time. Although, when you think of it, Daylight Savings Time would probably be easier.

Comment

Caryn writes: “1) You've said Torri will be appearing in the first half of the season, but the second half hasn't been looked at properly yet. Is there a plan to have her in the second half of season four? 2) Is the plan to get rid of the character completely? 3) Is there a hope of her returning as a regular in season five.”

Answer: 1) We have yet to start spinning story ideas for the back half of season four. 2) I don’t want to say too much about what we have in store regarding the character but, as I’ve previously stated, the plan has been to make her a part of a significant arc. 3) Truthfully, we aren’t even thinking about season five right now.
                        Yep, it seems like he's evading those questions on purpose. Should we start collecting the rumors that Weir will be killed off after the significant arc? Maybe TPTB have learned their lesson from the Beckett debacle and are much more cautious this time?

Or they just want to not spoil the arc for us. Then again, JM has usually been dropping obscure hints about future episodes, so why not here?

prion, you missed this IMO very important Q/A:

Arctic Goddess writes: “Are you serious or is "Blank Slate" a bit of a joke?”

Answer: Tabula Rasa is no more or less a joke than Missing.

This could mean JM was messing with us... Or he is now. I can't tell either way.

And wow, two pwned!-candidates this blog entry. But why are they always afraid to sign with their name? [Doesn't need answering.]

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                          I think we are two titles short -- unless you know the title of the mid-season two parter?
                          Oops, my bad. Yeah, I guess there is only one episode that we don't know the "identy" of.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                            Yep, it seems like he's evading those questions on purpose. Should we start collecting the rumors that Weir will be killed off after the significant arc? Maybe TPTB have learned their lesson from the Beckett debacle and are much more cautious this time?

Or they just want to not spoil the arc for us. Then again, JM has usually been dropping obscure hints about future episodes, so why not here?

prion, you missed this IMO very important Q/A:

Arctic Goddess writes: “Are you serious or is "Blank Slate" a bit of a joke?”

Answer: Tabula Rasa is no more or less a joke than Missing.

This could mean JM was messing with us... Or he is now. I can't tell either way.

And wow, two pwned!-candidates this blog entry. But why are they always afraid to sign with their name? [Doesn't need answering.]

i saw that question but it made no sense really, so didn't bother. what 's pwned!-candidates mean?

Comment

what 's pwned!-candidates mean?
                              The two commentators who said that something was "obvious" and that something "seems like therefore it is". Too bad that JM is more in the know (he works with those people after all!) and therefore can question the commentator's evidence claims.

I mean, if you(gen) are really worried about something, is it so hard to sign your name and not hide behind an anon comment that implies you have the whole world backing you up?

At the same time, since I don't know the commentators' real intentions, their actions just make them candidates though (as I made clear). But judging from the stuff JM had to put up with in his unscreened gw blog, I can only guess what other comments he receives in his new blog that he won't make public. (Didn't another blogger comment that s/he would also receive less than friendly comments now just because s/he is blog-friends with JM? Lordy!) Maybe JM needs to vent at some of the rather (to him) baseless comments in order to discourage such comments in the future. But he is the only one to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                                The two commentators who said that something was "obvious" and that something "seems like therefore it is". Too bad that JM is more in the know (he works with those people after all!) and therefore can question the commentator's evidence claims.

I mean, if you(gen) are really worried about something, is it so hard to sign your name and not hide behind an anon comment that implies you have the whole world backing you up?

At the same time, since I don't know the commentators' real intentions, their actions just make them candidates though (as I made clear). But judging from the stuff JM had to put up with in his unscreened gw blog, I can only guess what other comments he receives in his new blog that he won't make public. (Didn't another blogger comment that s/he would also receive less than friendly comments now just because s/he is blog-friends with JM? Lordy!) Maybe JM needs to vent at some of the rather (to him) baseless comments in order to discourage such comments in the future. But he is the only one to know for sure.
                                Well, it did look as if JM was rather more impatient than usually yesterday with his replies...
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X