Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well down here in the peg we often get sunburning weather, we just have to wait a bit longer than most folks to get it!
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
      Uh, which province? Because each one has a different average.

Bristish Columbia: 20 Celsius
      Alberta: 30 Celsius
      Saskatchewan: 28 Celsius
      Manitoba: 24-27 Celsius
      Ontario: same as Manitoba
      Quebec (depends on which section of it): 20-24 celsius
      Maritimes (they all basically have the same): 19-22 celsius

* All of the Temps. are just approximations and guesses from this year's geography class
      I don't know much about celsius(I'm an idoit from the us) but in the summer the coldest it normaty gets is 80 F but it is always fun when it is 100 ( or hoter) with 100% humidety When your working in a melon field during the hotest part of the day(I'm glad I quit that job). They actually teach you stuff in Canada I thought school was just a place eor teacher to tell you your stupid.

Well down here in the peg we often get sunburning weather, we just have to wait a bit longer than most folks to get it!
      It doesn't have to bee that hot to get a sunburn; just as long as the sun is out.
      Last edited by Gorthaur; 12 August 2004, 08:30 PM.
      -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
      GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
      M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
      ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
      geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
        today it was nice outside. a little windy, but nice.

the last few days have been kind of cold. i think on... Monday or Sunday it only got up to 8C outside. 3 am this morning it was pretty damn cold. had to break out the parka, and a sweater (me and my mom watched the meteor shower) and STILL my teeth were chattering...

bloody weather

hopefully it'll be nice tomorrow... not any reason why. just hope it's nice. it's not like i'm gonna go around outside hahahahahahaha...

*runs*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
          Uh, which province? Because each one has a different average.

Bristish Columbia: 20 Celsius
          Alberta: 30 Celsius
          Saskatchewan: 28 Celsius
          Manitoba: 24-27 Celsius
          Ontario: same as Manitoba
          Quebec (depends on which section of it): 20-24 celsius
          Maritimes (they all basically have the same): 19-22 celsius

* All of the Temps. are just approximations and guesses from this year's geography class
          Here is actual data if you want to look at it. It gives average highs and lows as well as hotest and coldest. I picked Edmonton and Vancouver (well I live in Surrey just outside of Vancouver) because I have lived in these two cities.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...on_alberta.htm
          http://www.geo.hunter.cuny.edu/~afre...h_columbia.htm

Note temperatures are warmer close to the pacific because of warm water currents. Temperaturs are colder close to the atlantic and close to Hudson's Bay.

Winters are long and can be Cold in Edmonton. The snow can start falling in September and not go until May. It can go to -40 C (-40 F) and stay that way for a few weeks at a time.

Vancouver on the other hand normally get little winter. It rains a lot in the winter months. It normally does not go much below 0 c (32 F) and that does not normally last long.

Comment

jeez it rained from about 10pm last night, until around 10am this morning. it stopped a little bit here and there though and ther was lightening to thunder too...

and they say that August is supposed to be very dry lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              jeez it rained from about 10pm last night, until around 10am this morning. it stopped a little bit here and there though and ther was lightening to thunder too...

and they say that August is supposed to be very dry lol.
              I see you are from Manitoba. I'll never forget the night I was driving on the #1 through Winipeg and I stopped for gas (Dec. 1985). It was so cold at -45 with a wind chill that made it even worse. I had planned to spend the night in Winipeg but decided my car would never start again if I let the motor cool down. So I drove all the way to Thunder bay (from Calgary) before stopping to sleep. I'd never do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by DJofSurrey View Post
                I see you are from Manitoba. I'll never forget the night I was driving on the #1 through Winipeg and I stopped for gas (Dec. 1985). It was so cold at -45 with a wind chill that made it even worse. I had planned to spend the night in Winipeg but decided my car would never start again if I let the motor cool down. So I drove all the way to Thunder bay (from Calgary) before stopping to sleep. I'd never do that again.
                yes, -45 with windchill, never experienced that. You know except for almost once every couple of weeks when I'm walking 20 minutes to the school.... in waist deep snow uphill both ways. Lol, but yeah, Saskatchewan boy here. But Snowing and windy almost all day, actually nice, except for the snow impailing your eyes when you looked up

Originally posted by Gorthaur View Post
                I don't know much about celsius(I'm an idoit from the us) but in the summer the coldest it normaty gets is 80 F but it is always fun when it is 100 ( or hoter) with 100% humidety When your working in a melon field during the hotest part of the day(I'm glad I quit that job). They actually teach you stuff in Canada I thought school was just a place eor teacher to tell you your stupid.
                EEK!!! Well Starting in October the temperature started getting below 32 F. And right now, it's probably like -something or other F. I couldn't stand that heet. Where are you? And yes, we do learn stuff, otherwise you wouldn't have Stargate, as everyone would just be an idiot and it wouldn't have worked out
                Last edited by Mikalotia; 08 January 2007, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                  We should all agree that SG-1 is a show about the US military and the US government and that it's focus is towards (don't take this the wrong way, international fans ) an American audience. Occasionally, I've noticed something slip through that shows that its filmed in Vancouver, however. On more than one episode, when the "INCOMING TRAVELLER" alert is shown on the computer, I've noticed that "traveller" is spelled the British/Canadian way, with two Ls. Americans spell it with one L. Anyone else notice minor continuty errors in spelling or maybe pronunciation like this? (Yes, yes, I know, I have freakish attention to detail )
                  born and raised in Southern California and i've never spelled it with one L.

Comment

Americans spell "traveller" with one "l"? Never knew that.....might explain why my spell-checker doesn't recognize the two "ll" version.....

Course, that's not much of a stretch to deduce so feeling pretty dumb right now.

Comment

fairly impressive necropost lol! 2.5 years!

Comment

Working...
                      X