This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
    damn i'm never gonna leave at this rate!

they shouldn't have cancelled Wonderfalls. i love that show! good thing they're releasing it on DVD though December... 7th... i think. my sister says she'll get me that for Christmas
    Wonderfalls? And why are you not going to leave at this rate?
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
      Wonderfalls? And why are you not going to leave at this rate?
      because i keep on finding things to say and i have to reply!

i'm really gone now

bye

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

because i keep on finding things to say and i have to reply!

i'm really gone now

bye
        K... And don't reply so you can go
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Canadians think they have it bad with stereotypes? Try being Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf
            We should all agree that SG-1 is a show about the US military and the US government and that it's focus is towards (don't take this the wrong way, international fans ) an American audience. Occasionally, I've noticed something slip through that shows that its filmed in Vancouver, however. On more than one episode, when the "INCOMING TRAVELLER" alert is shown on the computer, I've noticed that "traveller" is spelled the British/Canadian way, with two Ls. Americans spell it with one L. Anyone else notice minor continuty errors in spelling or maybe pronunciation like this? (Yes, yes, I know, I have freakish attention to detail )
            But we all know that the Americans can't spell many words properly...like mum
            THOR: It was your stupid idea Major Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              Canadians think they have it bad with stereotypes? Try being Irish!
              hhehehehehe

well, i'm mostly irish... just not... from ireland lol.

Comment

Hey MartoufMarty.

Me, I'm not Irish persay, but my girlfriend and her entire family is... And for some unknown reason they consider me as family, so I guess it's kinda there
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheTroj
                  I'm american and I haven't even herd of that word (thinks u made it up....wait do you mean mom) and for the spelling I agree beacuase I cane't speill. I also like marty's story I would read it I think u should be a writer.
                  Last edited by Gorthaur; 11 August 2004, 09:52 AM.
                  -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                  GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                  M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                  ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                  geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by TheTroj
                    Yeah, well at least we got over our love affair with the letter "u": colour, favourite, endeavour, honour, labour...

Other than the occasional accent, I haven't noticed anything overtly "Canadian" about the series. Well, there's the ecology, of course.

I found this recently:
                    "Every planet we've gone to so far has wonderful Douglas firs and snow-capped mountains. It's amazing how there's this pure oxygen on every planet and how advanced these people are -- they pick up English within a few words." - RDA in "Out of This World and Into Space; Adventures Through a Futuristic Looking Glass" by Brennan, Patriciaa, The Washington Post [FINAL EDITION], Jul 27, 1997, Y6

ROFL!
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
                      I'm american and I haven't even herd of that word (thinks u made it up....wait do you mean mom) and for the spelling I agree beacuase I cane't speill. I also like marty's story I would read it I think u should be a writer.
                      ROFL!

alright... if you really wanna read it... i'll go find it now, and type it up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                        Who here would read a Canadian Sci-Fi story that's set in the 34th century and Earth has been basically devastated?
                        I would and I'm from the US.

If things are made in Canada, I would buy them.
                        The only thing I don't like From Canada is those cold Artic winds from the north in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          The only thing I don't like From Canada is those cold Artic winds from the north in the winter.
                          see! that's another thing! the Arctic is up HIGHER than Canada! their from WAY UP YONDER, not Canada... i had a big rant yesterday about this when i was watching MSNBC and they would check the weather every 12 minutes or so... but i forget all that i said. it sounded good at the time...

Comment

I know they come from north of Canada but they come through your country. I like Canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              I know they come from north of Canada but they come through your country. I like Canadians.
                              *very happy voice* join us... come to Canada... abandon your American ways... join us...

hehehe

come on. come to Winnipeg*. not only is it the Murder Capital of Canada, but it's the Slurrpie Capital of the WORLD!

*Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba. Manitoba is a province in Canada. i live outside of Winnipeg... about 80 miles outside.

Comment

*very happy voice* join us... come to Canada... abandon your American ways... join us...

hehehe
                                Yes, Join us Canadians !

MartoufMarty, if you want to type up that story, I'd read it too.

Speaking of that, anyone want to read mine (it's a sci-fi).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X