X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    I would and I'm from the US.

If things are made in Canada, I would buy them.
    The only thing I don't like From Canada is those cold Artic winds from the north in the winter.
    I can post a link for the story once I'm finished building the site .
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Canada is cold, I like cold weather mabe I should move to canada....or Iceland no one speacks french there. and I like Islansku.... blink blink a bit off topic.
      -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
      GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
      M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
      ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
      geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
        Canada is cold, I like cold weather mabe I should move to canada....or Iceland no one speacks french there. and I like Islansku.... blink blink a bit off topic.
        Canada isn't always cold. in the winter, yeah. it can get very cold. in the summer? really hot!

... i don't know why people think that Canada is always -30C

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Because Canada is colder than the states lol And because its colder explains why its so diffrent from the states. You see they were freezing and they kept saying sttttttstates so they decided to call it provinnncesss. They're so cold they cant say burr so they say Ehhhh... Its so cold that communications from one Sttttstate(province) is hard to do, which is why they speak french in some cause they were disconnected from the others that they thought they were french. LOL jk. dumb I know. im goin to eat then sleep! mauhahaha Bow ot your God Canuckis LOL jk Canuckis Anubis the Canuck
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

i gotta wake up my mom at 3am to go look at the meteor shower... me, my mom, and my sister went out there around 11 but there wasn't much. there's supposed to be alot around 4 am so... i'm holding the fort. and there's nothing on tv! *gasp* blasphemy!

Comment

Spatial Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
              Temporal Location: 3860 A.D

It happened 28 years ago, 28 years since the attack. For centuries, the humans lived as a peaceful civilization. They provided aid to any who needed it, defended the weak, and tried to show an honorable way to life...

Maybe that's why we did it... Maybe that's why our leaders wanted them exterminated. Thousands of our ships flew towards the human homeworld of Earth, destroying everything in their path. When they got to Earth itself, they bombed the surface, destroying every single city. The sky burned for 7 months with the stench of death accompagning it.

The rubble is all that's left of that race...

I am one of the observers, part of a group sent to watch over the remaining humans by the Triumvirate. The true political body of my race... We were told to watch over them, and help them rebuild... But let no one in our military know humans survived.

We believe that the humans should once again survive. We believe they should thrive.

This is a small begining to one of my stories
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  *very happy voice* join us... come to Canada... abandon your American ways... join us...

hehehe

come on. come to Winnipeg*. not only is it the Murder Capital of Canada, but it's the Slurrpie Capital of the WORLD!

*Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba. Manitoba is a province in Canada. i live outside of Winnipeg... about 80 miles outside.
                  Rock on! Im in the peg myself! Do you get Power 97 out there Marty?
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                    I like it.
                    Thanks ^-^
                    sigpic

Comment

When I was growing up in Lethbridge Alberta my peers did end many sentences with "eh" almost like punctuation
                      indicating I'm finished it's your turn to say something. I think I developed the habit and brought it with me moving to
                      Vancouver. I don't think it is common here and over the 20 years I have lived here I have dropped the habit I think. After
                      all it is not so nice to have people laughing at the way you talk every time you open your mouth, "eh"?

Originally posted by Metonic
                      lol its stupid steriotypes like white people cant dance, Candians say Eh, Mexicans are lazy, the South is full of backward hicks, People in Florida are old, Japanese people are smart, British smell bad, Native Americans attack cowboys and go "IIIIIIIEE IIIEE" Mexican food is actually montizumas revenge,...
                      [snip]
                      ...I hope i didnt offend anyone im just saying that Steriotypes of everygroup of people are actually truths about everyone as a whole in some slight way.

Comment

I don't think anyone here would be offended. We all realize the fact that it is cheaper is one of the reasons US films and tv series are beeing shot here. The thing we get offended by is our hockey players go to the USA to make more money. Like when Wayne Gretzky was traided to LA, "eh".

lol i never noticed nor cared lol Dont they shoot a few episods in other parts of North America? Didnt they shoot the episode where Bra'tac and R'Yac were REenslaved in like Utah or something lol In a way it sucks that they have an American based show shot on Canada but in anotehr way its funny, and hten in a third way its kinda good cause its cheaper(um im not sure if that was an insult to canadians or not if oyu are offended im sorry) lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                          Rock on! Im in the peg myself! Do you get Power 97 out there Marty?
                          well, i live in a small town 80 miles north of Winnipeg. don't look on the map, please!

i don't really get much on the radio. nothing from FM, a couple crap country or news stations on AM. we have starchoice so there's those radio channels on there, so yeah. i don't really listen to it though. my sister surfs the music channels all the time.

Comment

Because Canada is colder than the states lol And because its colder explains why its so diffrent from the states. You see they were freezing and they kept saying sttttttstates so they decided to call it provinnncesss. They're so cold they cant say burr so they say Ehhhh... Its so cold that communications from one Sttttstate(province) is hard to do, which is why they speak french in some cause they were disconnected from the others that they thought they were french. LOL jk. dumb I know. im goin to eat then sleep! mauhahaha Bow ot your God Canuckis LOL jk Canuckis Anubis the Canuck
                            We call them states because state is another word for county they were all saposed to be independent(united States), and we are stupid so we don't like change and once we call somthing somthing it becomes the only name for it.

P.S. what is the average summer temp. in Canada?
                            Last edited by Gorthaur; 12 August 2004, 01:28 PM.
                            -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                            GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                            M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                            ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                            geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
                              P.S. what is the average summer temp. in Canada?
                              Uh, which province? Because each one has a different average.

Bristish Columbia: 20 Celsius
                              Alberta: 30 Celsius
                              Saskatchewan: 28 Celsius
                              Manitoba: 24-27 Celsius
                              Ontario: same as Manitoba
                              Quebec (depends on which section of it): 20-24 celsius
                              Maritimes (they all basically have the same): 19-22 celsius

* All of the Temps. are just approximations and guesses from this year's geography class
                              sigpic

Comment

the territories (the Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) will have colder temps. probably around the same as Alaska... possibly.

Comment

Working...
                                X