Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunter86
    you can get in Australia the entire season 9 from ezydvd for 70 bucks and it's not a advert
    I get really sick of waiting from week to week to see what will happen knowing that we're going to be left on a to be continued anyway!!!! that usually leave thing till another year away sheesh.
    Agreed and I can't stand commercial ads, really kills the flow and moment.
    phaeton What do we think of ep 905 "The Powers That Be" ?
    Loved the ep and Vala is just halarious. I absolutely love here character.
    sigpic

Comment

hi

I'm kinda new here; haven't posted in gosh knows how long.

but apart from hearing a lot of rumours about s9, daniels beard, and the trepedation about no jack, i have to say i like it. i'm torn between wanting to see more mitchell, and having him try to be jack. but i guess i'll have to wait and see.

the powers that be really freaked me. the ori are the only 'villians' on tv that have ever had that affect on me; they're not doing it just to be evil, they have a reason, and they all believe.
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel
        hi

I'm kinda new here; haven't posted in gosh knows how long.

but apart from hearing a lot of rumours about s9, daniels beard, and the trepedation about no jack, i have to say i like it. i'm torn between wanting to see more mitchell, and having him try to be jack. but i guess i'll have to wait and see.

the powers that be really freaked me. the ori are the only 'villians' on tv that have ever had that affect on me; they're not doing it just to be evil, they have a reason, and they all believe.
        Welcome Back

I agree that the Ori have a fear factor but I was more freaked by the Wraith in SGA.

Comment

I liked it! I agree that it wasnt the best episode ever but it gave some real insight into the power the priors really have.

When Vala challenged the prior and then shot at him, i had chills all over.
          sigpic
          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill
            I liked it! I agree that it wasnt the best episode ever but it gave some real insight into the power the priors really have.

Pretty impresive telekinetic powers they have. When I saw Xmen 3, the scene with Gean Grey AKA the Pheonix reminded me of that scene.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton
              What does everyone think of ep (904) The Ties That Bind ?

I enjoyed very funny.
              Yep...liked it lots. I found it to be very funny..which is ok but I don't think that's everyones cup of tea. I like the humour and I think Vala is fantastic...looking forward to more of her in the future!
              I enjoyed TTTB...it was light and entertaining...just not the Stargate we're used to I guess...but you know what they say...a change is as good as a holiday...I think I need a holiday right now!
              TPTB...that was a little bit slow but I still did enjoy it. The Ori are somewhat frighteneing in that there doesn't seem to be a way to kill or destroy them easily...nothing like the Goa'uld!
              I don't think much of the new Dr...Lam...she's far too serious..she hardly smiles and she walks around like she's got a chip on her shoulder...not a very endearing character at this point...hopefully that will change...I think Lexa Doig is far too pretty to not smile more!!
              Well that's my comment for the week. Hope you're all well and not feeling too cold...depending on where in Australia you are...I'm in the outer east suburbs of Melbourne...it's been getting down to 0c...I love the cold!!!!
              Take care and be safe...TTFN!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                Yep...liked it lots. I found it to be very funny..which is ok but I don't think that's everyones cup of tea. I like the humour and I think Vala is fantastic...looking forward to more of her in the future!
                I enjoyed TTTB...it was light and entertaining...just not the Stargate we're used to I guess...but you know what they say...a change is as good as a holiday...I think I need a holiday right now!
                TPTB...that was a little bit slow but I still did enjoy it. The Ori are somewhat frighteneing in that there doesn't seem to be a way to kill or destroy them easily...nothing like the Goa'uld!
                I don't think much of the new Dr...Lam...she's far too serious..she hardly smiles and she walks around like she's got a chip on her shoulder...not a very endearing character at this point...hopefully that will change...I think Lexa Doig is far too pretty to not smile more!!
                Well that's my comment for the week. Hope you're all well and not feeling too cold...depending on where in Australia you are...I'm in the outer east suburbs of Melbourne...it's been getting down to 0c...I love the cold!!!!
                Take care and be safe...TTFN!
                Great write up I agree with you analysis

Agreed

Comment

What did everyone think of Beachhead ?

Easily the best of this season and i've now realised 6 episodes have passed gee it goes quick doesen't.

Spoiler:
                  I loved when Nerus finally revealed his side then Gen Landry mentioned area 51 and Hunger, made me laugh the look on Nerus' face
                  Last edited by phaeton; 03 August 2006, 10:22 PM.

Comment

holy cow! i think that was one of the bests sg eps, by far!

first of all, great to see sam back, although i would have liked to have seen a little more vala/sam jealousy... you know?

anyhoo, i supposed most here are already doing this, but i my whole family went to bed early last night so i saw beachhead IN THE DARK! so friking scary, the proir guy in the forcefield, making everything blue.

i hope vala comes back soon, she's the greatest character! when i grow up i want to be her. it's great to see that she's grown in the small amount of time we've seen here: at first she wouldn't think of potentially killing her self to save others.

poor daniel. i know he's going to miss her

what did the rest think?
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel
                      holy cow! i think that was one of the bests sg eps, by far!

first of all, great to see sam back, although i would have liked to have seen a little more vala/sam jealousy... you know?

anyhoo, i supposed most here are already doing this, but i my whole family went to bed early last night so i saw beachhead IN THE DARK! so friking scary, the proir guy in the forcefield, making everything blue.

i hope vala comes back soon, she's the greatest character! when i grow up i want to be her. it's great to see that she's grown in the small amount of time we've seen here: at first she wouldn't think of potentially killing her self to save others.

poor daniel. i know he's going to miss her

what did the rest think?
                      Agreed but what do you mean by Vala-Sam jealousy ?

Comment

I loved it!

Ever since i first saw Beachhead i thought it was one of the best Stargate eps EVER!!

I loved the interaction between vala and the rest of the team when they were in the gate room. "little stargatie club", lol, its so true!

On the vala/sam jealousy, i read an interview with AT where she said that she had spoken to CB about their relationship and they agreed that they didnt want to do that! They wanted to show that the characters had a respect for each other.

On another note, is it just me or has Carter (AT) gotten hotter? is that even possible!
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

it's cool how Carter's back and Stargate is back on 7.....But what happened to Alias????? it was on for a couple of eps and went back off again!!!!!Oh well old eps.....most of which I had'nt seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol, i was wondering the same thing. I suppose thats the way channel 7 operates unfortunately.
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

I loved it!

Ever since i first saw Beachhead i thought it was one of the best Stargate eps EVER!!

I loved the interaction between vala and the rest of the team when they were in the gate room. "little stargatie club", lol, its so true!

On the vala/sam jealousy, i read an interview with AT where she said that she had spoken to CB about their relationship and they agreed that they didnt want to do that! They wanted to show that the characters had a respect for each other.

On another note, is it just me or has Carter (AT) gotten hotter? is that even possible!
                              Well said, I to read that article and glad there characters are going to work together as I think they're a fantastic team.

Supreme Commander Sil Welcome to this thread, I to was sad about 7 taking off Alias but I've seen that season so does not worry me much.

Comment

stargate is cool
                                Last edited by flegs; 06 August 2006, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X