No announcement yet.

Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the new addition to the team. Mitchell is cool, he has an eagerness about him. He's a bit of a tryhard but it's rather charming.

Comment

I like Mitchell too. He's got enthusiasm that was missing from the series for so long.

Landry is good too, he's a type of General who we've never had before. He can joke around but is deadly serious when he needs to be.

I was worried when I heard Vala was reterning, but apart from that babies comment from Avalon, she wasn't too bad. Still, I can't wait till my Carter comes back.

Daniel had probably the best character development. The scene where he expressed his opinion on ascension to the Ori is one of Shank's best throughout the whole series.

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton
        Gen_J_O'Neill I'm looking forward to Origin, although the stupid network here in SA, Australia is delaying it 15 mins for a 105mins of 24.
        lol, yeh. i dont mined that its delayed coz i like 24 almost as much as i like stargate.

Did ya like origin?
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Avalon 1 and 2, Mitchell seemed out of place. By the episode Origin, I can see him as being at home in the show.

The Ori got completely demolished by Mitchell and Daniel in that Ep. The priors got owned by Daniels critical analysis, and Mitchells 'chat' to the one on the planet

Comment

Hi all!! I've only just found this thread so I'm give you my thoughts on season9...
            Ok..well after reading a lot of other opinions about s9 I was kinda dreading it but was quite pleasantly surprised by it.
            Avalon pt 1 ended too quickly...I hated reading "to be continued"...I'm very impatient...I wanted to see it all right there and then. I was so excited when it finally aired and I thought it was a pretty good ep overall...I realise not a lot of people agree with me on that but I liked it!! And I like Mitchell...but I'm not happy about the leadership issue...and I won't go into that right now either!!
            Avalon pt2 shocked me a bit...I wish someone warned me about Vala and the fire!!! I didn't let the kids watch that ep cos I thought it was a bit too graphic. Having said that...the Ori spook me...don't like them at all...but Vala's a cracker...I think she's great!! The story line was a bit slow but I still enjoyed it anyway!
            Origin was ok...a tad bit boring but I believe you should watch every episode cos it will help explain future eps. That ep could have been better but I've seen worse...and now I'm looking forward to The Ties That Bind.
            I do get the impression that the stories revolve a bit too much around Daniel/Vala/Mitchell...not enough Teal'c and especially not enough Sam...but I know why she's not there, (just take a peak at Olivia...what a cutie!!).
            I'm optimistic that the rest of the season will be ok...and after reading the spoilers to season 10...well now my patience is really being tested!!
            Good to see some Aussies here...I don't know many people who are as enthusiastic about Stargate as I am!!
            Bye all...will post back again after TTTB!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey everyone what do we think of Dr. Lam ?

I still miss Doc Fraiser I guess because she grew with the rest of the SGC, this Dr. Lam I don't know she is to loud for me.

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill
              lol, yeh. i dont mined that its delayed coz i like 24 almost as much as i like stargate.

Did ya like origin?
              Yeah I liked Origin except for the repeat of "Hallowed are the Ori" every minute or so it got a touch boring.

I'm looking forward to more eps about the Jaffa Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                Hi all!! I've only just found this thread so I'm give you my thoughts on season9...
                Ok..well after reading a lot of other opinions about s9 I was kinda dreading it but was quite pleasantly surprised by it.
                Avalon pt 1 ended too quickly...I hated reading "to be continued"...I'm very impatient...I wanted to see it all right there and then. I was so excited when it finally aired and I thought it was a pretty good ep overall...I realise not a lot of people agree with me on that but I liked it!! And I like Mitchell...but I'm not happy about the leadership issue...and I won't go into that right now either!!
                Avalon pt2 shocked me a bit...I wish someone warned me about Vala and the fire!!! I didn't let the kids watch that ep cos I thought it was a bit too graphic. Having said that...the Ori spook me...don't like them at all...but Vala's a cracker...I think she's great!! The story line was a bit slow but I still enjoyed it anyway!
                Origin was ok...a tad bit boring but I believe you should watch every episode cos it will help explain future eps. That ep could have been better but I've seen worse...and now I'm looking forward to The Ties That Bind.
                I do get the impression that the stories revolve a bit too much around Daniel/Vala/Mitchell...not enough Teal'c and especially not enough Sam...but I know why she's not there, (just take a peak at Olivia...what a cutie!!).
                I'm optimistic that the rest of the season will be ok...and after reading the spoilers to season 10...well now my patience is really being tested!!
                Good to see some Aussies here...I don't know many people who are as enthusiastic about Stargate as I am!!
                Bye all...will post back again after TTTB!!
                I agree with you on 90%, 10% disagree because I liked Origin.

Originally posted by Qtyled
                Saw Origin. Yea it was good, getting to know the Ori, and their relationship with the Ancients. I hope discovering how the Ori and Ancients parted ways will be adressed later on.

These first three episodes haven't been as action packed as previous season starters, but I suppose when you're reinventing a series you have to leave some room for exosition.
                Agreed as long as "Hallowed are the Ori" plays down in other Ori stories.

Originally posted by Ivegottheskill
                Avalon 1 and 2, Mitchell seemed out of place. By the episode Origin, I can see him as being at home in the show.

The Ori got completely demolished by Mitchell and Daniel in that Ep. The priors got owned by Daniels critical analysis, and Mitchells 'chat' to the one on the planet.
                I disagree a little I feel Mitchell was more at home in pt 2 I started to like him better.

Daniel's analysis of the Ori faith did frighten the Ori/Doci a bit, I don't know about Mitchell going on about his grandma siad this & that worried that Prior to much it was funny to watch though.

Comment

What does everyone think of ep (904) The Ties That Bind ?

I enjoyed very funny.

Comment

G'day I'm nwe to this froum and I know its proably been answered over and over but i was just wondering if cable in Australia airs stargate at the same time it gets released elsewhere or if it lags behind

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton
                      What does everyone think of ep (904) The Ties That Bind ?

I enjoyed very funny.
                      It was great, I think I might just love Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by KIA Red
                        G'day I'm nwe to this froum and I know its proably been answered over and over but i was just wondering if cable in Australia airs stargate at the same time it gets released elsewhere or if it lags behind
                        Welcome to the forum KIA Red, (HINT) look in the off topic section for thread called Calling All Australians for more Aussie posters.

Now back to your question, Network 7 hold the rights to screen Season 9 when that finishes syndication then Cable can rerun the series to its heart content.
                        BTW we are behind US there screening Season 10 of SG1 and Season 3 of Atlantis.

Hope that answers your question and again Welcome to the forums.

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
                        It was great, I think I might just love Vala.
                        I agree I'm so happy Claudia signed to become a pernament fixture to the series.

Comment

welcome KIA Red! i think phaeton is right, ive only seen stargate on TV1 and its only been repeats of things ive seen on 7.

i loved season 9! Ive loved every ep. and im also pleased CB has signed on. i cant wait to see the interaction between Vala and Sam in season 10. i think it will be great!
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

What do we think of ep 905 "The Powers That Be" ?

We learn't more about Gen. Landry-Dr.Lam relationship and how long Vala has been free from Qetesh.
                            I thought it was alright not exactly the best ep of season.

My favourite is last ep 904 "The Ties That Bind" due to the fun factor of it and it was a good character ep to, we learnt more about Ms. Mal Doran.

Comment

you can get in Australia the entire season 9 from ezydvd for 70 bucks and it's not a advert
                              I get really sick of waiting from week to week to see what will happen knowing that we're going to be left on a to be continued anyway!!!! that usually leave thing till another year away sheesh.

Comment

It was really good, I don't think I love though...I know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X