This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ending speculation here, just saying-
    Regardless of what you believe concerning SG1… Do Something… you're in a Stargate forum for a reason, YOU CARE... write MARK STERN, Conan O’Brien, SG1 Advertisers, the News, write anyone that can make an impact. If supportive fans concentrate their efforts on a few specific key players, an 11th is possible. This is like the end of a concert, the band leaves but if you make enough noise, they come back for an encore.

You can SOS at-
    EVERYTHING- http://www.savestargatesg-1.com/
    PETITION- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
    CONAN- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33884
    TISSUE- http://laundr.us/
    BOTTLE- http://www.savestargate.com
    MYSPACE- http://www.myspace.com/savingsg1

Although many factors were involved, the real decision maker behind the SG1 Cancellation is MARK STERN. He has a large majority of influence on the cancellation and possible, yes, possible continuation of SG1.Trust and believe MGM would keep SG1 where it is but SciFi probably feels they can merge SG1 & SGA viewers and create greater numbers for Atlantis. It doesn’t matter though, there are countless reasons to cancel BUT there are more reasons to keep SG1. It should be stressed that MARK STERN should be receiving the bulk of mailed fan support... too many addresses will lead to less effective group support whereas if MR. Stern were to be flooded, we could make more impact. Here's the VARIETY ARTICLE- http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
    Mark Stern
    EVP Original Programming
    SciFi
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
    Universal City, CA 91608
    [email protected]

Comment

would you be against giving sg1 to comcast to put on one of their chanels post your thoughts hear on this subject

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
        would you be against giving sg1 to comcast to put on one of their chanels post your thoughts hear on this subject
        It won't be happening. Apparently, the contract says that MGM can't go anywhere but to Sci-Fi for a TV show.
        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
        -Audioslave

Comment

I have no idea what comcast is. If it kept SG-1 on the air, it would be fine by me
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
            It won't be happening. Apparently, the contract says that MGM can't go anywhere but to Sci-Fi for a TV show.
            Surely Sci-fi cancelling the show would cancel the contract that they have.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
              What about all the people that don't have Comcast?

No, I don't think that would be a good idea.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                Surely Sci-fi cancelling the show would cancel the contract that they have.
                It wasn't an actual cancellation, it was the lack of a renewal.
                -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                  It wasn't an actual cancellation, it was the lack of a renewal.
                  Then isn't the contract over? I thought they re-signed it year by year. If they don't sign the contract this year, who/what is keeping MGM from taking it somewhere else?

I dont understand it that well

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                    Then isn't the contract over? I thought they re-signed it year by year. If they don't sign the contract this year, who/what is keeping MGM from taking it somewhere else?

I dont understand it that well
                    I think the contract had a clause in it that extends to after Sci-Fi doesn't renew/cancels.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

Well I guess it's save to assume that contracts in the television department don't work like they do in professional sports!

Comment

Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming for Sci Fi, said creative and economic decisions also came into play.

Stern added that under terms of its contract, the network’s decision to cancel the series prohibits MGM from making any new episodes of the show to air on U.S. television.

He noted, “If MGM came to us for less,” Sci Fi would be interested in more Stargate SG-1 fare, whether in the form of episodes, movies or miniseries. He would not disclose the network’s license fee to MGM.
                        Full Article:
                        http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

So Sci-Fi screws up the Friday lineup, shifts the timeslot, fails to advertise out-of-network, cancells the show, and now PREVENTS MGM from finding another Network?

So either make SG-1 in Sci-Fi or non at all?

Now there may be options to rename the show and start fresh, in that case it will be cheaper since all production contracts/salaries would be new not 10 years old. But will it stay on Sci-Fi? Considering that they want it BUT for "cheaper" .. I wonder if they should move to a better network .. or are all networks blasted jerks like this (TNT ruining Crusade in a similar manner).

Comment

Comcast is a cable provider. Not a network.

Comment

So with the sad loss of SG-1 and Sci-Fi (hopefully) realizing their plan for original programming all the time was a bad move on their part. Do you guys think that Sci-Fi will put SGA back alongside BSG again next season? I miss the original Friday night line up.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

yea that shoukld be simple enough. why cant they just rebrand the show to stargate command like they originally intended and give it to another network?

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                                So with the sad loss of SG-1 and Sci-Fi (hopefully) realizing their plan for original programming all the time was a bad move on their part. Do you guys think that Sci-Fi will put SGA back alongside BSG again next season? I miss the original Friday night line up.
                                Yes, but Caprica isn't going to come for several years so it will still be a 2-hour block rather than the better 3-hour ones.
                                -Audioslave

Comment

Working...
                                X