Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey,

Does Atlantis have a cloaking device? Also will we EVER learn what the 9th chevron does?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
      Joe, question regarding S9

Spoiler:
      Is this force field that Daniel and Vala are bound together by in The Ties That Bind part of the five story arc that Claudia Black is in, or it just for this one episode? By the way, this episode sounds great, I can't wait to see it.

Also, can you tell us who wrote the S9 opener, and maybe give us a general idea of what it's about.
      SueS
      Robert Cooper wrote (is writing) the S9 three-part opener. I don't need to tell you anymore about it since there are plenty of spoilers already out there. However, I will say this - as in years past, the openers plant the seeds for the rest of the season. So, in answer to your first question, the events of The Ties That Bind spin off from what happens in the three-parter - but (in true SG-1 fashion) the episode can be considered a stand-alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasdi
        In my of your interviews, it was mentioned that the old storylines are being wrapped up and you're heading in a new direction, so what happened to the Toland? and in the episode "A Hundred Days" any chance there might be a little Jack around the planet now?
        The Tollan, as a civilization, are gone. As for a little Jack out there...could be, but its doubtful we'll ever know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
          The season 6 opening two-parter credits are that of the gate spinning around. Then staring Descent, the opening credits were clips the show they showed, with the actors faces appearing together with their names. Much like they still are now.
          We'll continue what we're doing now.

It seems to work for us.

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
            I'm not sure if this has been asked or not but is there any chance that we'll see Baal again? He's one of my favorite Goa'ulds.
            Well, as you know from having watched Reckoning I and II, Baal was killed in a showdown with the replicato...Actually, come to think of it, no he wasn't. But he was certainly captured by the Jaffa who stormed the pel...Oh, I stand corrected again. Hmmm. I guess he still is out there somewhere. Now, if I were Baal, I'd head off to one of my safe havens and live out the rest of my unnaturally long life. However, I'm not Baal or, more to the point, he's not me so...maybe.

Comment

[QUOTE=glennh73]Hello Joe, i have a few questions for you and a rant about what u guys did in Moebius.

1. The Re'tu, since they were the enemys of the goa'uld, and most of the goa'uld are gone, any chance we will see this untapped enemy? I mean they are still out there so cant just forget they exsisted.

You mean like the Furlings?

2.Are the Foothold Aliens still around and any chance of bring them back or atleast bring them up in dialog durin the show?

Yes. They were a very interesting enemy and they're still out there somewhere.

3. Any chance of an episode built around Colonel Dixon and SG-13, as u can see there alots of fans of SG-13 an some of wish they were a spin off.

We'll have our hands full this season telling stories about our characters, so the adventures of Colonel Dixon and SG-13 will have to wait. Season 10 anyone?

4. Any chance of an episode about the DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GOA'ULD. In that we see things from the Goa'uld point of view and see what they do all day long.

See my response to 3. Also, since the events of Reckoning I and II, they're not doing a heck of a lot.

5. Please any chance of bringing the Aschen back for season 9? They are my favorite and i wish they were the main bad guys for season 9, how about season 10?

There were plans to bring the Aschen back for an episode tentatively titled Judgement - that was consequently shelved back in season 7. But in Stargate, nothing stays shelved forever. Witness the out-of-control plant from season 8's Zero Hour. That idea was first pitched out back in season 4.

6. Any chance we will visit the Goa'uld homeworld and do something from that angle, you still got alot of goa'uld swimming around there.

Still a lot of goa'uld out there, but they're keeping a low profile for the time being. That doesn't mean we won't run across them however. The galaxy is a dangerous place.

7. To add to that, did the Ancients have anything to do with the Goa'uld going from fish in the water to what they are now?

Nope.

8. If there is something from the pior seasons u wish u could go back in time and rewrite, what would it be?
              Like what zats do on the third shot, etc

Yeah. The "three shots disintegrates" would be a do-over. As would the zats lock-picking abilities as demonstrated by Teal'c in The Other Side.

9. Any chance of bringing back Daniels grandpap , cause it was kind of promised for season 8 and never happend and since with the evil Assended Ancients being the new bad guys, we might need him and those aliens with him.

Promised in season 8? By who? Has Damian Kindler been making promises he can't keep? What else did he promise?

And for those whom havent seen Moebius yet this is about that.

How could you guys kill SG-1? They version we have at the end of Moebius isnt the same team we watched for 8 seasons.

Have to disagree with you there. Yes, they are. Its like saying the SG-1 at the end of 2010 who received the note in the past were not the team you'd been watching for the past 5 seasons.

2. Have u gotten any hate mail yet from how u killed our SG-1?

Nope, but I'm still hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                Will Chris Judge be writing again in season 9? Will Ish'ta (or as I lately call her, T'Pol ) return in season 9?
                We have yet to hear from CJ this year but, in all fairness, he has his hands full with his brand new baby girl. As for Ishta returning in season 9. No plans as of yet, but its always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by glennh73
                  yes more questions:

1. Did Ma'chello from season 2 Holiday have the ancient gene or maybe an Ancient? Cause he did have alot of advanced-looking technology

Nope.

2. Are the Ancients the oldest civilization or where there other civilizations around at that time period.

So far as we, the audience know, the Ancients were the oldest civilization out there.

3. Are there any other citys like Atlantis that were built by the ancients?
                  For the answer to that one, check out season 2 of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
                    Are these SG-1 episodes or Atlantis episodes?

Thanks.

SueS
                    Both.

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                      Joe, thanks for all your answers.

No offense but why would they be empty? and why not show them? That doesn;t sound like a good story. are you trying to trick us?

MMmmmaaaaybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Joe, you may not know the answer to this as you weren't directly involved with the specific eps, but in Summit/Last Stand, Ba'al's lo'taur was a young boy. In Abyss it was a young woman. Will we ever find out if Ba'al kept his promise and snaked the boy (that sounds so bad), or are the Goa'uld going the way of the dodo and won't be seen (much) in S9?

Chances are the goa'uld may rear their snakey heads in season 9. You can't keep a good villain down.

Also, why the sudden introduction of a new enemy for season 9? Isn't it a bit late to be starting big new arcs, or is this in case the show gets renewed again? Or will the evil Oreeos be spun off to Atlantis?
                        A bit late? We're only in season 9. We still have a long way to go before the series wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                          Apologies if this has been asked before but are there any cross-overs planed ?
                          Or any chance of some Sam and McKay interaction? They are hilarious together.
                          Are Jack and Sam's absence from SGC explained in the first episode?
                          Thanks for taking the time to come here and answer
                          A cross-over? It's been discussed. Whether it'll happen is up in the air.

As for Jack and Sam, their absences are explained.

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
                            G'day joe.

any chance of seeing an aussie on atlantis?
                            infact, did the aussies go to atlantis? surely we would have since there is a new zealander in the gate room in rising.
                            Aussies did most certainly go to Atlantis. Maybe one will pop up in season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              Some of the fans feel that the show *is* over because of the absense of the key characer, Jack O'Neill, myself included. They feel what's starting this year is a whole new show, Season 1.

That being said, what would you like to say to fans who are considering giving up on the SG universe because of disappointments in season 7 and 8?
                              I would say that if they've been tuning in and enjoying the show so far, they'll be delighted with season 9. Change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As for their feeling the show is over because of the absence of Jack O'Neill - if O'Neill's absence had dictated the show's lifespan, SG-1 would have ended after season 6.35

Comment

[QUOTE=Susan28]
                                My questions for you are, what was your favorite episode to write?

Honestly - my favorite episode to write was the last one I scripted, The Ties That Bind.

Do you have a preferance in what type of stories you like to write, or what characters you like to write for?

I like to write scripts with at least some possibility for humor. As for characters I like to write for - Mitchell and Daniel were a blast to write for in the aforementioned episode.

What is the most difficult part about writing for Stargate?

I've never been a fan of the "techy" episodes and find those particularly challenging to write.

Comment

Working...
                                X