Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
    Hey Joe!
    A) Did the Ancients also originally evolve here on Earth, or not?
    I thought for sure that they did, but not everyone else around here seems so convinced....

B) What did the Ancients call themselves?
    1) Did the Ancients just always refer to themselves as "Ancients", and our word "ancient" today means exactly what it does just because of how old their race had become in relation to the rest of us?
    2) Or did they just know themselves as "Lantians", and the title "Ancients" was simply bestowed upon them later by other races as an honor to how great a people they had become? (Personally, that makes more sense to me....) But if this is true, then did "Lantians" refer only to the Ancients living in Atlantis, or to their entire race as a whole?
    3) We're just not sure either way yet. (Please don't pick this one....) Thanks again!!!

For the answer to these and many other Ancient questions, check out season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by scaryperson
      That's extremely vague? Are Sam and Jack together now was the question?

It's great of you to answer fans questions, but you did say you would answer things about Sam and Jack after the series........and you seem to be avoiding all of them questions?

Thanks for your time

--Tan
      The series isn't over yet. We're jsut starting season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
        Hi again Joe! Thanks for answering my question on the writers

Heres my new question...
        Since there are obviously going to be major changes in the cast from the begining of Season 9, do you think we will see unique titles for the beginning of Season 9, much like at the begining of Season 6? Later changing into "clip" titles as has been for the last few seasons? It might sound silly, but I'm interested.

Thanks
        Not sure I follow. What's the difference between unique and clip?

Comment

In my of your interviews, it was mentioned that the old storylines are being wrapped up and you're heading in a new direction, so what happened to the Toland? and in the episode "A Hundred Days" any chance there might be a little Jack around the planet now?
          Sasdi

Comment

Originally posted by SueS
            First of all, there were several times in Gemini where O'Neill wanted to pull the plug, but Carter always somehow managed to talk him out of it [...]but this happened alot in this episode and, IMO, it started to look as though she had no respect for her commanding officer. Also, I thought this made O'Neill look bad because he seemed to be so easily swayed by Carter.
            - O'Neill was easily swayed because he trusts Carter. If it had been Daniel or Teal'c making a similar pitch, he wouldn't have responded any differently. Also, she was persistent because she believed strongly in her decision. Daniel has been similarly adamant about his beliefs over the years and has even clashed with O'Neill at times.

Secondly, I thought Sam was making a lot of her decisions regarding RepliCarter based on emotion rather than remaining objective. If you think about it, the last human form replicator she had encountered had been Fifth and he had tortured her and lied to her. So, don't you think she should've been a little more caution in dealing with her? I just thought Sam allowed RepliCarter to interface with their defenses a little too quickly and a little too easily..
            - I think Carter played it as cautiously as possible. You have to remember that, at this point, the replicators have arrived in our galaxy. Not even the Asgard were able to find a way to stop them so, when presented with the opportunity (no matter how iffy), it was a no-brainer. They'd be facing the replicator threat one way or the other.

Finally, at the end, Sam was all set to take responsiblity for what had happened, [...] But then, Jack and Teal'c come along and tell her it wasn't her fault. It felt somewhat condescending to me. .
            - Rather than being condescending, I think Jack and Teal'c were being understanding/sympathetic.

Finally, with regard to the season 9 questions - check out the first part of the three-parter for the answer to most of these questions.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 05 March 2005, 11:46 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Comment

Hi Joe:

(1) - Will the angst surrounding Carter vs. Mitchell in command of SG1 in Season 9 be one of the arcs you use to reel fans in for S9 by NOT answering the questions - (2) "will Carter be in charge of SG1 upon ATs return to the show" - with a yes or a no? or (3) "will Mitchell be in command of SG1 after Carter's return to the team" - with a yes aor a no?

If your answer to question (1) is yes then we know you will not answer (2) or (3) with a simple yes or no; however, if your answer to question (1) is NO please answer (2) and/or (3) with a yes or no.

Thanks for joining us.
              Last edited by binkpmmc; 05 March 2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=emily_reich]

1. in atlantis season 2, are we going to see many (or any for that matter ) stories devoted mainly to a single character, a la before i sleep and the gift?

Definitely.

2. i guess this is kinda a selfish question, but i can't resist any chance we'll get to see more of major davis in season 9?? or even as a recurring character on atlantis?? he's one of the most interesting, intriguing, and fun characters between both the shows (second only to sheppard in my book) and i know i've certainly missed him the last two seasons (only being in one ep and
                Spoiler:
                then as his AU self
                )

No plans to have Davis back in the foreseeable future.

3. is there going to be any more character development of sheppard regarding his ancient genes and his ability to use the ancient tech so easily?? or about his great math skills

Yes, we will.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                  Not sure I follow. What's the difference between unique and clip?
                  The season 6 opening two-parter credits are that of the gate spinning around. Then staring Descent, the opening credits were clips the show they showed, with the actors faces appearing together with their names. Much like they still are now.

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been asked or not but is there any chance that we'll see Baal again? He's one of my favorite Goa'ulds.
                    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Hello Joe, i have a few questions for you and a rant about what u guys did in Moebius.

1. The Re'tu, since they were the enemys of the goa'uld, and most of the goa'uld are gone, any chance we will see this untapped enemy? I mean they are still out there so cant just forget they exsisted.

2.Are the Foothold Aliens still around and any chance of bring them back or atleast bring them up in dialog durin the show?

3. Any chance of an episode built around Colonel Dixon and SG-13, as u can see there alots of fans of SG-13 an some of wish they were a spin off.

4. Any chance of an episode about the DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GOA'ULD. In that we see things from the Goa'uld point of view and see what they do all day long.

5. Please any chance of bringing the Aschen back for season 9? They are my favorite and i wish they were the main bad guys for season 9, how about season 10?

6. Any chance we will visit the Goa'uld homeworld and do something from that angle, you still got alot of goa'uld swimming around there.
                      7. To add to that, did the Ancients have anything to do with the Goa'uld going from fish in the water to what they are now?

8. If there is something from the pior seasons u wish u could go back in time and rewrite, what would it be?
                      Like what zats do on the third shot, etc

9. Any chance of bringing back Daniels grandpap , cause it was kind of promised for season 8 and never happend and since with the evil Assended Ancients being the new bad guys, we might need him and those aliens with him.
                      And for those whom havent seen Moebius yet this is about that.

How could you guys kill SG-1? They version we have at the end of Moebius isnt the same team we watched for 8 seasons.

Its kinda sad to think our real team's destinys was to be executed by Ra 5000 years ago, or in Daniel's case live his life out in the past with alternate versions of his dead team mates.

As i watch season 9 me and alot of people will never feel this is the same group of guys we have been watching all this time. To me anyway the ending of Threads was to me the end of this series and Moebius and season 9 is just an alternative timeline.

So my question is 1. Our real Daniel and alternative Jack, Sam and Teal'c are in this timelines past?
                      2. Have u gotten any hate mail yet from how u killed our SG-1?

Thank you for your time..
                      Last edited by glennh73; 05 March 2005, 11:17 AM.
                      LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

[QUOTE=JMallozzi]
                        - O'Neill was easily swayed because he trusts Carter. If it had been Daniel or Teal'c making a similar pitch, he wouldn't have responded any differently. Also, she was persistent because she believed strongly in her decision. Daniel has been similarly adamant about his beliefs over the years and has even clashed with O'Neill at times.

- I think Carter played it as cautiously as possible. You have to remember that, at this point, the replicators have arrived in our galaxy. Not even the Asgard were able to find a way to stop them so, when presented with the opportunity (no matter how iffy), it was a no-brainer. They'd be facing the replicator threat one way or the other.

- Rather than being condescending, I think Jack and Teal'c were being understanding/sympathetic.
                        Joe - I did ask the original question about Carter's character and whether you read the posts in the Gemini thread. Just so I am clear - the specific issues expressed by SueS, that you responded to above, were not issues I had uppermost in my mind when referring to Carter's character in S8, as well as the second half of Season 7, it is much broader issue with the damage that many feel has been done to the character over the course of a season and a half with much of the criticism culminating with Gemini where words such as "idiot" and "stupid" were actually used, for what may well be the first time, when describing this character (that is quite a fall from grace for this character). I do hope you still read the Gemini thread as there is a lot more to it - as well as to the overall negativity surrounding the Carter character.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Will Chris Judge be writing again in season 9? Will Ish'ta (or as I lately call her, T'Pol ) return in season 9?

Comment

(note: breaking thread rules...I will delete this post tomorrow)

In response to Glennh73

I made up this diagram a day after Moebius aired to explain how it's still our team.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/Moeb.jpg

The timeline changes at the end of threads...meaning that our SG1 (and the eight years we've spent with them) are intact.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

yes more questions:

1. Did Ma'chello from season 2 Holiday have the ancient gene or maybe an Ancient? Cause he did have alot of advanced-looking technology

2. Are the Ancients the oldest civilization or where there other civilizations around at that time period.

3. Are there any other citys like Atlantis that were built by the ancients?
                              LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                                Dropping hints? Nope. I think things were pretty obvious.

Joe, shmoopie, bubala,

we're a dense bunch. We need a bit more, y'know, obviousness. I mean yes, there was
                                Spoiler:
                                fishing, but it was team fishing (is that a sport??). How are poor lil' shippers supposed to pick up on the nuance? We just blew stuff up and watched *sniff* jacob die.[I need a moment*sniffsobwaaah*] All that heavy duty stuff. Plus almost!nekkid daniel. C'mon, we were on overload at the end of Threads... Can we get a smackdown, no-doubt-about-it resolution to the SACK issue? We'll bribe you with cookies.....

That's all I'm saying.. Well, that and Thanks for the details on S9/S2. Spoilerhussies need their fix... and did Paul ever decide when to publish the atlantis lyrics?

Thanks again for taking the time! We surely do appreciate it!
                                The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

Working...
                                X