Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so did you guys have to write anything in the scripts for daniels all of a sudden missing beard??? seeing that in 'into the fire' i think it was the eps. michaels hair was cut short for hamlet, you never had an explanation at why daniel got it cut, so i hope you guys were able to write the beard missing

and next year the pistons will win it all
    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
      JAG? Was that the one with Mark Harmon?
      No, Mark Harmon is in 'Navy NCIS', spin off to JAG. JAG had David James Elliot and Catherine Bell and the famous Mac and Harm love story sub plot.

Joe,

Brad said that Jack plays a joke on Hank in 'Beach Head', can you gives us the details on the joke i.e How Jack plays it on Hank or do we have to watch the episode to find out?

Comment

Thanks for answering Joe, and I LOVED Citizen Joe...brilliant.

Question: Do you ever consult with NASA or JPL for ideas about the space program and technical matters? Because I host Friday night Stargate parties for NASA/JPL scientists and they LOVE the show but have a few corrections....
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Actually, no. That wasn't a shot at the Carter fans but at ah - uh - let's just call them another group.

Emancipation and Hathor? Really?
          Okay thanks. I get it - and just as an fyi because I am not sure if your question "Really?" is directed at my mention of these 2 as Carter eps or if it was a comment/rhetorical question related to your first sentence. Carter fans reference these 2 eps (among others which were great eps like Foothold and Singularity) not because they were great eps, or even good eps by some standards, but because Carter was kick-a$$ in both and leader in Hathor.

Thanks for answering.

Comment

So, we have an idea of some of Sam's involvement in the episodes once she's returned. And, also for Daniel. How about Teal'c? I know he's going to have Jaffa stories, but what else? Not just Teal'c centered episodes (but, which would you say are Teal'c centered?) but what does he contribute to other episodes?
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Hi there Joe,

According to your blog it's about halfway thru S9. I know there have been lots of challenges the last couple of seasons - budget, RDA's availability, winding up storylines, renewal questions, etc.

What has been the biggest challenge so far in S9? And what has been the most rewarding thing so far about S9?

And for fun. Do ya'll still have the annual golf tournament? Who's the "Tiger Woods" of Stargate? Do you play, btw?

Thanks Joe. Enjoy your hiatus.
              Last edited by keshou; 26 June 2005, 08:04 PM. Reason: changed my mind about what I wanted to ask...
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

One more. Could you give some tidbit into what Mitchell is like as a person? I don't mean his philosophy on life or his entire history (or why bother having him on the show?) but just something that is uniquely Mitchell. Like, we know Daniel will try to communicate with anything, from Unas to Super Soldiers (or, women in Super Soldier costumes). We know Jack has a thing for kids (Reetu Charlie, Merrin). I read you (tptb) are using something of Beau Bridges and now Landry quotes his military heroes. Just some small, inconsequential thing about Mitchell, please.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

[QUOTE=JMallozzi]
                  Originally posted by getcarter
                  Hi Joe,

- It would have been impossible given current military regs - and now, very difficult given that Rick is no longer working on the show.
                  Okay, this isn't really a ship question, so please don't ignore it. It's more a regulations question.

Has everybody/anybody at SG actually studied the US Air Force regs that are used to determine the direction of the show? Because many here have and they distinctively indicate that while Sam and Jack's having a relationship is against regs, they also indicate that any friendship of any kind (ie social interaction) between Jack and Teal'c or Jack and Danial (and yes, even a friendship between Jack and Sam that's not romantic) is also against regulations. (And the regs also specifically include "civilian employees" not just members of the AF.) So why is it that this is never addressed on the show, yet the other matter is? Hasn't the Air Force adviser brought it to anybody's attention?

I know, I know - I wouldn't want to see their friendships broken up either, but it seems that it should be addressed in some way.
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Its no secret that I'd like to see Jack and Sam together when all is said and done.
                    Just curious, is there anyone else on the writing staff who would like to see Jack and Sam together?

Anyone on the writing staff who is not particularly fond of Jack/Sam ship?

Any Daniel/Vala shippers on the writing staff?

SueS
                    Last edited by SueS; 25 June 2005, 08:24 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar

Comment

Okay, a few questions related to some things you said in your latest blog.

1. Paul's story - renamed "The Tower". Is this an SG-1 story? What was it called before?

1. the Ancient gene, the Medicis, scoring drones. - Are these SG-1 or Atlantis stories? Are any of them the "off-world ambassadors" story or the episode in which "THAT character returns"? Oh, and "maybe" is not an acceptable answer. I want details!

Thanks and take care,

SueS

Comment

- Maybe. Check out Ex Deux Machina.
                        I will! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

Comment

Check out Avalon II and Origin in which Daniel takes center stage and "opens up a huuuuge can of worms". The Ties That Bind gives us a chance to see his humorous side and he gets to play Perry Mason in The Powers That Be. In Prototype, Daniel must confront the past machinations of a former enemy, then in Fourth Horsemen, teams with Mitchell to head off-world and corrall "a missing piece to the puzzle". Plenty of Daniel in Ripple Effect as well.

Re: the viewing party. I had Robert over last weekend to show off my new home theater. He was so impressed that he volunteered my place for the season premiere party. Guess I'll be making more ice cream.
                          So how does one get an invitation to this season premiere party? I'd be more than happy to bring a case of Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk along with me.

Kat

Comment

Half goauld? Really? That's news to me.

That's what I thought you'd say.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

I had Robert over last weekend to show off my new home theater. He was so impressed that he volunteered my place for the season premiere party. Guess I'll be making more ice cream.
                              First off, I wouldn't lump fans of Hathor (one of my all-time favorites) with those of Emancipation. The latter is one of my go-to examples of an episode that was El Stinko to the max, IMO. And, no, I don't pine for the return of polyester shirts and Edsels—although a second coming of disco might be nice.
                              Now to important matters (read: ice cream). Given your rather adventurous palate, what was the most improbable flavor combination that you succeeded with and what was the biggest misfire of your ice cream-making career to date?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

I've just watched THE TORMENT OF TANTALUS again (great ep) and I was wondering if there was any chance of revisiting Ernest's planet now that the SGC has the Prometheus and the new ship. Even if the Stargate's gone there a chance that the meeting room with all the meaning of life stuff could still be there. I would think it might be worth setting up some sort of base there now they've got a way to get there and back. Just a thought

On a more serious note, any chance black actors will be employed to play anything other than Warrior types ? I know that Dr MacKay was originally supposed to be played by a black actor and that Dr Lee's character was originally an Asian woman, but niether of those things happened (not a dig at Bill Dow or David Hewlett, I love both actors). I do find it a bit disturbing that Stargate (and SGA) are among the few shows on television where people of colour are not seen in a variety of roles. This is something that's been a concern for sometime in my corner of LJ fandom, so it's not just me that's questioning casting decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X