X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup that's where I heard it from
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Heheh , i liked that episode, so sad, i think it was the episode where one of them dies But anyway, back to topic.

If Tollan's are only a few hundred years ahead Earth, then how far advanced were the Goa'ulds at the time?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

We can presume that the Goa'uld have not made much progress in some cases -- for example, okay, the pyramids are landing pads for their motherships. So after 4000-something years, are their mothership designs the same (I'm sure they've enhanced shields and weapons over time, but even the most powerful weapons like the jeweled eyes of Ra and such seem to be OLD)? Must be a lot of powerful ANCIENT *wink* technology that has gone unchanged, but is nevertheless far ahead of what we have today.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

i wonder why the asgard wouldnt just use thors hammer to capture all the Goa'uld i recall one show where one of thors ships came (after they found the hall of thors might) and zapped all of the Goa'uld into it. i understand they have a treaty and are busy with replicators, but wouldnt take more then few days to suck ALL the Goa'uld into thors vaccum/hammer : P

and ideas?

Comment

Maybe by now, the Goa'uld have developed countermeasures to that.

Comment

Back in that episode where the Asgard teleports two-three motherships, and a whole army of Jaffa, it seemed like they did it so easily, i wonder why they didn't do that in the first place a long time ago, maybe it was the treaty...

Comment

I wonder if the Asgard have some type of a Prime Directive?
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

A way to make babies !

Comment

Back in Thor's Chariot, they seemed only to protect their designated developing planets. I guess the problem is one of manpower, although you'd think they'd have the tech to slave a whole bunch of ship's computers and essentially have one-Asgard battlegroups.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      Back in Thor's Chariot, they seemed only to protect their designated developing planets. I guess the problem is one of manpower, although you'd think they'd have the tech to slave a whole bunch of ship's computers and essentially have one-Asgard battlegroups.
                      I'm confused on what you are trying to say.

Comment

They have good intentions, but not enough people to do all they might wish to. I just think it's odd that - given their science and industrial base - they aren't able to create whole fleets which can be controlled by a single Asgard.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          They have good intentions, but not enough people to do all they might wish to. I just think it's odd that - given their science and industrial base - they aren't able to create whole fleets which can be controlled by a single Asgard.
                          Yah, why don't the Asgard make advanced single ship fighters or something.

Comment

My guess is that there are too few Asgard to pilot a single flyer. So I doubt they would do that
                            __

__

Comment

Yah, i just noticed that flaw... Gosh darn it Asgard people... Why don't they play around with those air fighters that were controlled by a couple of people using their minds through a device of some sort, i can't remember which episode though... I think it was season 4 episode 2, 'The Other Side'. Of course the Asgard would have to tinker around with the technology, so it won't mess up the people who does control the air fighters and such.

Comment

Well, there is always the idea of remote-based operations of the fleet, in which they can operate an entire fleet by one or two asgard, in which that should give them teh tactical advantage. I mean, they are very advanced when it comes to remote operations and such, and their technology in their bodies alone is much more advanced, seeing as how they were able to remove the Ancient database from Col O'neill by a flick of the wrist(figuratively and semi-literally speaking, of course)
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X