Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing Thor's lil hands clasp that fishing rod would be well worth it. I wonder if they even have marine life on the Asgard worlds.
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

They'd have to have marine life -- in that one ep when Sam went to the Asgard world (can't remember right not) they had a dock it looked like.

I'd love to see an ep where Jack takes Thor fishing. That would be one way to end the series - have a shot of everyone fishing at Jack's Minnesota place.
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Actually i even do remember Jack inviting Thor, but he didn't look very pleased with that See the end of ep. 215 - Small victorie. (He beemed him down to Earth before even finishing th invitation
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

To me, Tollan are arrogant in an annoying way. Asgard are arrogant -- or perhaps more accurately, supremely confident before that whole thing with Thor getting kindapped -- in a cute, precocious way

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

For me, I agree with those who had said that the Asgard are more advanced. Being true to that, you have to consider that the Asgard were probably around a little after the Ancients, in which case, the Ancients probably helped the Asgard since they (asgard) used to possess a more humanoid form. And because they can clone and dump consciousness from one body into another, its like Thoror Carter said, achieving a level of immortality. And with the Tollans, Teal'c was the first to note that the Tollans hadn't been in a war for many centuries, so they did not have the strategical thinking of that of the Tau'ri/Goa'uld/Asgard. The Tollans first mistake was not giving us the ion cannons in which we could have found a way to make them work against Anubis' enhanced ships. If anything, the Tollans could have given the Tau'ri a scientist who could teach the Tau'ri how to defend themselves with ion cannons and other technologies, like the phase-shifting that the Tollans so loved. Makes ya wonder why they didnt use it, since the energy blasts from the Goa'uld Death Gliders would have passed right through them.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
              The Tollans first mistake was not giving us the ion cannons in which we could have found a way to make them work against Anubis' enhanced ships.
              Given that it would probably take years for our top scientists to even begin to understand Tollan technology - which just looks like empty boxes on inspection - that's a pretty sweeping and insupportable statement.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                like the phase-shifting that the Tollans so loved. Makes ya wonder why they didnt use it, since the energy blasts from the Goa'uld Death Gliders would have passed right through them.
                Yeah, right. The Goaulds wouldnt be able to touch them so nothing could happen to them. So why didnt they use it?
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Big oversight. Would be funny... the Tollans keep on living in peace (or something close to it), everything phase-shifted... and then some months later, the Goa'uld come back, phase-shifted themselves... "AHHHHHH!!!"

Humans, no matter how technologically advanced, make stupid mistakes.

Comment

Since they clearly couldn't phase-shift their weapons through Tanith's shields, it's no stretch to assume that a phase-shifted Tollan would still be affected by an energy weapon.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Energy based weapons probably overload the device, or something.

Imagine the phase shifter crapping out as a staff blast was half way through you.
                      sigpic

Comment

kind of reminds me of the star trek enterprise episode in which a expendable character was shot while being transported, but part of the phaser weapon was transported while still in his body, which ended up killing him in the end. but my guess is that the Tollans never even considered using the weapons against Tanith's ships. He provided them with specs for the weapon, and they simply followed orders. (guess they aren't that smart after all )
                        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Energy based weapons probably overload the device, or something.

Imagine the phase shifter crapping out as a staff blast was half way through you.
                          Ouch ? Haha...
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Why is this even in debate? The Tollan are only a few hundred years ahead of the Tau'ri at the most. The Asgard are more like 100,000+ years ahead, so there is no contest. The Asgard would woop some Tollan butt.

Comment

Yeah, I bet Thor could beat some Tollan down even when dressed in an animal skin and holding a big club!

Astronauts vs. Cavemen time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                                Astronauts vs. Cavemen time!!
                                That just reminded me of an Angel episode... Haha...
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X