This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    Be comfortable.....mobile.....you may want to bring elbow and knee pads.......we shall see.....maybe not.

cool!!!*adds stuff to list*

pads as in soft like sparring gear???
    Last edited by teknikal; 14 January 2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I disagree.....that is the theory....I have witnessed that theory blown away....again....and again. Not just any person can take on any size. It takes much more than training. The personality of the individual has to be taken into account in the first place. Not everybody can handle the training....and not everyone can handle a combat situation....no matter what training they have engaged in. I have seen extremely well trained individuals....men....freeze in the face of a real combat situation while in the gym, they are amazing.
      Ive always heard too that even the most trained person when 'faced with a real combat situation' resort to basic survival instincts.i.e going foetal tryin to protect head and torso.

**and now onto a lighter topic..wooo p4!!!

anyone wanna loan me a camero

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Hi Bam Bam:

I'm Bringing my mustang to Vancouver in April. Would you like to spin it? That I would love to see and video tape.
        What kind of Mustang? If you don't mind your tires getting warn down and your brake cables being stretched....then...I'm all about it!!

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
          cool!!!*adds stuff to list*

pads as in soft like sparring gear???
          nope.....not sparring gear....like pads to fall on the ground with....for elbows and knees.

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
            Ive always heard too that even the most trained person when 'faced with a real combat situation' resort to basic survival instincts.i.e going foetal tryin to protect head and torso.

**and now onto a lighter topic..wooo p4!!!

anyone wanna loan me a camero
            True.....but.....some people's basic survival instinct, based on the fight or flight theory, causes them to freeze. They short circut and don't do anything....this is more common then you would think.

Comment

nope.....not sparring gear....like pads to fall on the ground with....for elbows and knees.
              ah so more along the lines of ones you would use for blading,skating etc?

i have both kinds..
              **crappy links cos i couldnt take pics of the ones i have but they are a near enough match..
              Elasticated Pads

HardShell Pads
              Last edited by teknikal; 14 January 2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

True.....but.....some people's basic survival instinct, based on the fight or flight theory, causes them to freeze. They short circut and don't do anything....this is more common then you would think.
                definitely agree there...ive seen it happen....it was in a training exercise but the reality of it was still there

fortunately any situation i have been involved with has been diffused before any physical actions got involved

Comment

Yes, I have seen the show. Not a realistic demonstration of life as we know it. Not even close. In general.....in the real world......it is a difficult situation pitting a female against a male....in general. Most of the female population didn't grow up fighting.....in general. Most of the female population does not enjoy fighting, physically.......in general. That said, there are exceptions. Remember that Relic Hunter is a television show....as is SG1.
                  I disagree.....that is the theory....I have witnessed that theory blown away....again....and again. Not just any person can take on any size. It takes much more than training. The personality of the individual has to be taken into account in the first place. Not everybody can handle the training....and not everyone can handle a combat situation....no matter what training they have engaged in. I have seen extremely well trained individuals....men....freeze in the face of a real combat situation while in the gym, they are amazing.
                  I can pin my husband! I'm pretty good at wrestling...but anything that might involve getting a tooth knocked out - No way! One time, when hubby and I were play-wrestling, I tickled his armpit, and his immediate reaction was to pull back his elbow, which hit me square in the mouth. I was really afraid that he broke a tooth...so I called the dentist.

The dentist insisted I come right over - gave me x-rays for free - talked real 'calm' to me. Afterwards, it hit me - he thought my husband had punched me in the mouth on purpose! I always felt bad about that, because my husband is a great guy, and would never hit me on purpose. So now I roughhouse a bit more carefully...NO pit ticklin'!

das
                  sigpic

Comment

I dunno if any of the actors will be involved with any stunt things at the show.....but we shall see.
                    Ohh, I meant that as two seperate things, seeing teknikal in your stunt show - if it happens and then any other fun convention experiences she or others will be having with some of the other guests. It is always great to see the fun other people have at conventions and/or their experiences when getting to meet people like you and the actors, tptb, etc. who help bring some of our favorite shows to screen!

I would love to see your stunt show but there is no way I can make it to the convention.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Yeah, I think the latter also involves pants-wetting. I've never understood that - I mean, I tend to be a runner! 'Gemme outta here!' lol. But I know of those who just freeze, and often lose bodily functions. Fear is a very strange thing...we never know how we'll react in a bad situation.

Bam Bam - besides the obivous things (loss of family or friends, illness, etc) what is your biggest fear?

das
                      sigpic

Comment

That holds true even in non-combat situations. You just really never know how you are going to react until you are put in that postion for the first time.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Yeah, I think the latter also involves pants-wetting. I've never understood that - I mean, I tend to be a runner! 'Gemme outta here!' lol. But I know of those who just freeze, and often lose bodily functions. Fear is a very strange thing...we never know how we'll react in a bad situation.

Bam Bam - besides the obivous things (loss of family or friends, illness, etc) what is your biggest fear?

das
                          I don't really know. I don't spend any amount of time thinking about what I would be afraid of given the chance to experience fear......I don't think or operate that way.

Comment

Thats it! I'm starting to get really jealous now! I was supposed to go the P4 but then found out that i couldn't go, just before BamBam was annouced as a guest. I'm not gonna meet him now! Ah well! Can i have a cyber hug then? Hehe!
                            sigpic

Comment

BamBam - I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any stunts you haven't attempted but would like to do if the opportunity presented itself? Or is it pretty much "Been there, done that?"
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't really know. I don't spend any amount of time thinking about what I would be afraid of given the chance to experience fear......I don't think or operate that way.
                                I envy you...

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X