X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
    I Wish you Happy easter... Frohe Ostern from germany Mr Bamford

I have two questions to you
    Do you have visit or want visit germany?
    What do you think about people who try to rescue people around the World?
    I have not been to Germany, but would welcome the chance to visit!! Anyone who rescues anyone is in my good books.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
      Hi Bam Bam:

What famous actor would you most likely like to beat the crap out of if you had the chance? Uh, that would be purely from a stunt perspective, of course... (ahem)
      Well.....in Get Carter I doubled Mickey Rourke and we had a pretty big punch up with Sly Stallone....lots of blood, etc......That's about as famous of an actor as most guys get to beat up on film, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by YanBrassard View Post
        It's the first time I see a place where we can talk with people who work on the best TV show we've ever had. But my dream is to talk with Morena Baccarin... o_O

Well, I don't really want to ask you a question but I just want to tell you that I really appreciate the character fightings and in particular Teal'c versus Ronon. I was really curious to know who would win if there would be a fight against these two characters 'cause ya know, they both think they are the best fighter so... anyway, it wasn't a question but only an appreciation...
        I appreciate you dream.......thanx for your appreciation......!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
          I would so love to come back to the UK for a visit again......I love it over there!!!
          *does happy dance*

Not at the moment......she speaks with Creation mostly at the moment.....I don't know of any P4 deals as yet.....
          Okay, but you'll let us know if you get an update, right?

Comment

By the way Bambam (forgive me if this has been asked before), I was watching Ark of Truth last night and I noticed you were listed under "Fight Coordinator" but not under "Stunts". I take it that means you didn't double for Ben Browder at any point so I was wondering if you could tell me
            1) which scenes you 'coordinated' (other than the obvious Ben fight) and
            2) who was the unlucky guy who got to make having your ass kicked look so good?

Comment

This is kinda based on firefly827347's q:

Do you prefer fight choreography, just doing the stunts, or doing them both?

I love stunt work and have the battle scars and healed ribs (why is it ALWAYS with the damn broken ribs??) to prove it. I personally LOVE choreographing but it's hard work and sometimes I'd like to just stand back and let someone tell me what to do and get a break (of the good kind, not the 'OW' kind). In the end I'd choose both because I'm such a perfectionist I always think it's easier to get it all right when it's already in MY head! However, after so long knowing some of your guys, maybe you trust in their abilities enough now to be happy enough to step back?

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

Originally Posted by taffy rose
                Bam Bam will John and Teyla be doing any stick fighting in Season 5 ? And will there be a John and Michael showdown ? And more importantly will John take off his shirt ? ;-) or at least in his Air Force Uniform again ;-) He looks so SCRUMPTIOUS in that ;-)

Kimberly

So far.....I have not seen any information pertaining to what you are asking about....but.....you never know!!

Thank you Bam Bam ;-) I'm hoping all three happen but I'll be especially happy if Shep takes off his shirt or do a towel scene *hint* ;-)

Kimberly

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

When and how, exactly, did you get your nickname?
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Thank you for your answer Mr. Bamford. And Which area or City you want visit???? And thank you that I´m also in your good book
                    I´m member at the German Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW)

I saw the episode Midway and the Fight scene between Jason M and Christopher J. I ask me who had more know-how with a "fight" Jason or Chris?
                    With whom it was better to teach this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                      When and how, exactly, did you get your nickname?
                      i've got a feeling it's something to do with BamBam from the flinstones. Y'know the little blonde boy with the club!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                        i've got a feeling it's something to do with BamBam from the flinstones. Y'know the little blonde boy with the club!!
                        Yeah, it may be the combination of having the name BAMford and being a stunt guy.

Heck, I got called Bam-Bam as a kid myself! Mainly because of the constant bo staff or nunchaku training from the age of 4 and shouting "BAM" during offensive strikes .
                        Last edited by Little_McKay; 26 March 2008, 07:44 PM.

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

I have done a fair amount of travelling, but what I have found is that we are all very connected in some way. Most of the Martial Arts, wardrobe, hair,.....everything has been done at least once before....I don't use anything from my travels except open mindedness on style. I don't like to stick to one style in any of the fights, although it comes across that way at times.
                          Thanks for the insightful answer Having done a fair amount of travelling myself I totally know what you mean about us all being connected.
                          & no, the fight scenes don't come across as sticking to one style - it's always impressive how different & dynamic they look.

THANX VERY MUCH!!!
                          Welcome Glad you had a good birthday. Hope you had a great St. Paddy's Day & Easter too.

I would so love to come back to the UK for a visit again......I love it over there!!!
                          Not at the moment......she speaks with Creation mostly at the moment.....I don't know of any P4 deals as yet.....
                          Fingers crossed that you can make it to P4. It would be fab to see you at a Con, & perhaps a stunt demo too

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bam
                            Spent the weekend with my daughter and wife......

Cool. Any chance we can get you in Chicago this August?!
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                              By the way Bambam (forgive me if this has been asked before), I was watching Ark of Truth last night and I noticed you were listed under "Fight Coordinator" but not under "Stunts". I take it that means you didn't double for Ben Browder at any point so I was wondering if you could tell me
                              1) which scenes you 'coordinated' (other than the obvious Ben fight) and
                              2) who was the unlucky guy who got to make having your ass kicked look so good?
                              We were shooting Atlantis episodes of "Missing" and "Reunion" around the same time as "AOT" so there was very little of my time to spread around. The fight was too large for me to learn, and double Ben, and choreograph/coordinate all the other things going on for Atlantis, so.........I just concentrated on shooting the "AOT" fight with Ben for 2 and a half days with a regular stunt guy on my team(also doubles for Sheppard fights, and Stunt Wraith fights sometimes....), Jeff Robinson. Ben, as you know, likes to have his ass kicked mostly himself, but for some of the larger more dangerous gags, it was Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by Little_McKay View Post
                                This is kinda based on firefly827347's q:

Do you prefer fight choreography, just doing the stunts, or doing them both?

I love stunt work and have the battle scars and healed ribs (why is it ALWAYS with the damn broken ribs??) to prove it. I personally LOVE choreographing but it's hard work and sometimes I'd like to just stand back and let someone tell me what to do and get a break (of the good kind, not the 'OW' kind). In the end I'd choose both because I'm such a perfectionist I always think it's easier to get it all right when it's already in MY head! However, after so long knowing some of your guys, maybe you trust in their abilities enough now to be happy enough to step back?
                                I love to do everything myself, but.....I can't....so I trust the people I bring in for their special abilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X