• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
    hey BamBam,

well i mean shooting the episode?

thanks again
    Now the original question has been lost.......sorry....been busy on the job....

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
      Wow! Babe, you did a great stunt work on Broken Ties!
      The sword fights where amazing!
      Thank you so much.....the boys worked/rehearsed very hard for that one for sure......once again an honor to work with such talented actors performing my choreography....love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Some simply amazing work both from the stunt team and from the actors!

Any chance that things have changed and you might be coming to the Chicago convention in August? They hinted that there may be another addition and this is after Chuck was added to the venue.
        I have not been contacted as yet....so....I have to say no. It would be fun though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post

Hello Bam Bam,
          I was wondering what you would consider as your hardest stunt,
          Or would you just try, to make each one more challenging than the other.

Thanks

Padraig.
          Coordinating or performing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Okay, now I missed the credits not only once but twice - 1st time not paying any attention, 2nd time had to go get my kid...Was that you playing Bob in Eureka tonight?!!!
            Playing Bob????? Um......well.....I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
              I actually saw the movie last night and.....I loved the fights....so well done....wish I was there!!
              Did you take notes?

Though I'm not a huge fan of slow motion work, I thought it was used effectively in the fight scenes in Hellboy II, perhaps since the movie had that fantasy element to it and so the slow motion scenes didn't seem out of place. Hey - anything to show off that flowing white hair works for me!

One thing that I like about many of the fight scenes in SGA - something that doesn't always hold true in many productions - is that you don't always 'see' the choreography. In other words, the fight scenes in SGA seem very natural. Take, for instance, the sword fight in Broken Ties - it really looks like Ronon is trying to take Tyre's head off, like he was not holding back at all.

But sometimes in a fight production the choreography shows...you can almost see the direction being given, or the actors holding back and 'posing'. Sometimes it's done on purpose, for artistic effect, but sometimes it isn't, and that makes the scene look choppy, and rehearsed.

So, a question - how hard is it to make a scene look natural - what elements (camera work, direction, actors, etc) are the hardest to get right?

das
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                Did you take notes?

Though I'm not a huge fan of slow motion work, I thought it was used effectively in the fight scenes in Hellboy II, perhaps since the movie had that fantasy element to it and so the slow motion scenes didn't seem out of place. Hey - anything to show off that flowing white hair works for me!

One thing that I like about many of the fight scenes in SGA - something that doesn't always hold true in many productions - is that you don't always 'see' the choreography. In other words, the fight scenes in SGA seem very natural. Take, for instance, the sword fight in Broken Ties - it really looks like Ronon is trying to take Tyre's head off, like he was not holding back at all.

But sometimes in a fight production the choreography shows...you can almost see the direction being given, or the actors holding back and 'posing'. Sometimes it's done on purpose, for artistic effect, but sometimes it isn't, and that makes the scene look choppy, and rehearsed.

So, a question - how hard is it to make a scene look natural - what elements (camera work, direction, actors, etc) are the hardest to get right?

das
                That is actually the hardest part of putting together the sequence......the timing. The fight has to be over-rehearsed to attain the desired effect. You have to be completely bored and disgusted with the choreography to perform it in a way that looks natural.

Comment

Evening Bambam, not sure I have a question. Just wanted to say hi. How's things across the pond?

Comment

Hi BAM BAM,

well i meant what is the hardest part of doing an episode?

but now i have another question have you worked with any of the other stargate actors on other movies ,TV shows?

and oh yeah i am sure you get very busy filming and other stuff ,we all totally understand

thanks
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Not working today?

That is actually the hardest part of putting together the sequence......the timing. The fight has to be over-rehearsed to attain the desired effect. You have to be completely bored and disgusted with the choreography to perform it in a way that looks natural.
                      Ah, the timing - well that total sense. Ronon/Jason always seems so natural - he must practice, a LOT.

Thanks again! Now I'll just go sit over here *points to the corner* and think of something else to ask you for the next time you're goofin' off.

das

EDIT: Okay - thought of something! I see (according to IMDb) that you've worked on 2 X-Men movies, and the upcoming Watchmen movie. Any notable moments from the sets? Any scenes where we could maybe pick you out? (I see Dan Payne and Tyler McClendon both have parts in Watchmen, and Jeff Robinson also worked on it - cool! It's like a Wraith reunion film, only without the green face paint! lol!)

das
                      Last edited by dasNdanger; 13 August 2008, 07:44 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

It appears that my friends have possibly made other plans....ie....they have postponed/called off the wedding for now....I may be able to make it.
                        Hi Bam Bam. I sent you a message on facebook about it.

AG
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I just made an update on BamBam's page with an online interview with THE MAN!

It looks amazing, Babe! And I love the sound effects!

In a video exclusive to The Sun, stunt co-ordinator James Bamford showed how Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa) carried out his fight scenes and explained how other stunts worked on the SG-1 spin-off series.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1564495.ece

I've also updated it with a banner that people can use to link to BamBam's site.
                          (see above)

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
                            I just made an update on BamBam's page with an online interview with THE MAN!

It looks amazing, Babe! And I love the sound effects!

In a video exclusive to The Sun, stunt co-ordinator James Bamford showed how Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa) carried out his fight scenes and explained how other stunts worked on the SG-1 spin-off series.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1564495.ece

I've also updated it with a banner that people can use to link to BamBam's site.
                            (see above)
                            wow he looks very 80's! , I hope BAM BAM doesn't find that that offensive I meant it with much love !!!
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

That's an interesting way of looking at it. "Over-rehearsed" so the actors are "completely bored"... I'd be thinking... so well-rehearsed that it becomes second nature. That's actually what Jason does. He makes everything seem very fluid and natural.

When you're working with David Hewlett, do you over-rehearse even though the intent is to make him look extremely uncomfortable and unnatural? A Dog's Breakfast comes to mind... as does the "training scene" with Ronon in Vengeance.

Comment

I just thought that I would drop in to express the obvious - how sad it is that SGA will be ending at the end of S5. ( Although we have at least one film )

I hope that you will be involved in the new show SGU!!!!

Can you please tell Joe F how much his fans are going to miss our regular dose of Shep - but are all excited to see what else he does next ( we will be desperate for news)!!!

In the meantime we have the rest of s5 to come and are hoping for lots of wonderful Shep 'moments'
                                Spoiler:
                                that is code for shep whump

Still hoping that Wolf events pull their finger out and invite you to P4 in Jan!

Comment

Working...
                                X