This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey BamBam,

I had a fantastic time at the Vancouver Con and meeting you was one of my high points. The stunt show was great and in the bar after was a lot of fun. I put photos from the stunt up at my Martial Arts studio and the students were thrilled by them.

What other Cons do you go to or do you stick to Vancouver? Also, do you ever teach classes in stage combat?

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
    (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
    Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Joe Mallozzi posted this very cool Picture of Bam Bam on his blog.

Bam Bam, you are such a ham. I love it!!!!

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        Joe Mallozzi posted this very cool Picture of Bam Bam on his blog.

Bam Bam, you are such a ham. I love it!!!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...tonthechin.jpg

Comment

So, is it true (my best legal tone) that you, being the very patient man that you are, think we are completely nuts, but put up with us anyway?
          Well......I like you guys cuz I'm crazy too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Bam Bam...hope ya didn't mind me little joke...

Have a question for you...

How do you feel about directors/producers - and sometimes actors - insisting on using the actor in a dangerous scene (for a variety of reasons), instead of a stunt person? Is putting an (often un-, or under-trained) actor in harm's way for the sake of film worth it?

das
            Somebody can insist, but, it's not going to happen unless I feel it's safe enough to perform for that particular person. That is my job in a nutshell

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              sooooooooooooooo bambam the great....do you know if there's any hand to hand combat for Teyla...heh you might have noticed i'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Teyla fan.....tell Rachel greetings from Scotland and she' doing a fabulous job and you're doing a fabulous job too
              I think so..........And she says greetings back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by David:) View Post
                Ummmmm....what to ask......

I know....do you have a set amount of hours that you work, or do you just do what you need to then go go home?
                Everyday is completely different.....

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                  Must be nice having a job that can still amaze you.

Do you have a favorite location for filming... for whatever reason?
                  I love working up in Lynn Canyon........unless it's raining.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    BamBam,
                    What kinds of pain relief methods do you use/recommend for yourself and your guys/gals? I imagine y'all get pretty banged up and sore by the end of a long day of pummeling and whatnot.
                    I don't use anything normally. I think that it is important to allow your body to tell you when it is injured. If I really can't function because I can't move properly, I will take Advil.....that's it. That is the only pain medicine that I will suggest to others as well. But, on a regular basis, I don't believe in it, or any other man made synthetic drugs.

Comment

Is there a question you would like us to ask so you could answer it and get some information out there? Is there a question that has been asked of you in the past that you were very impressed with? And what was your answer?
                      Wow.......I don't know how to answer that.

Comment

Originally posted by slamaina View Post
                        Hey BamBam,

I had a fantastic time at the Vancouver Con and meeting you was one of my high points. The stunt show was great and in the bar after was a lot of fun. I put photos from the stunt up at my Martial Arts studio and the students were thrilled by them.

What other Cons do you go to or do you stick to Vancouver? Also, do you ever teach classes in stage combat?

Slam
                        I go to other cons when invited......there are some other things in the works for later this year.....we shall see......I teach stunt fighting to actors every week, at work. Outside the set, no, I don't have time to teach anything. Possibly at convention, if they want that sort of thing, I may teach a clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
                          Wow.......I don't know how to answer that.
                          Blimey! we've made BamBam speechless! I take it that doesn't happen often?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Bambam, is that you I spied walking behind Kavan in the opening bit of the interview on the main page? I think someone was telling you all to shush

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                              Hey Bambam, is that you I spied walking behind Kavan in the opening bit of the interview on the main page? I think someone was telling you all to shush
                              Of course, it is!! I recognize that cowboy shirt anywhere!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                                Somebody can insist, but, it's not going to happen unless I feel it's safe enough to perform for that particular person. That is my job in a nutshell
                                Thanks for answering that. I've heard of some actors put in harm's way for the sake of 'realism', and it always makes me cringe a little to hear it.

Do you know stuntmen Marty Klebba (I've had similar on-line exchanges with him - only he still thinks I'm a dude...lol), or Kim Kahana (Had a 'crush' on him back when he was Chongo in Danger Island...on the Banana Splits Show. God, I'm old... )? Or don't they let you out of Canada??

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X