• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg
    flash is icky
    it isn't icky, its just a pain in the a** on websites

it kicks a** with games.
    sigpic

Comment

I think skins and server-side or PHP includes would come in useful and pretty-- that is if you don't already use includes? Space-saving at any rate.

Also, I think it would look tidier if hovering over the SG-1, SGA and other shows' links on the menu at the top didn't bring down the menu-- it always seems crowded to me that way. Clicking on the banners to access the different shows is fine, though. In addition to which, I think perhaps the fade-in-fade-out effect (example) would help with the crowding-of-the-eye difficulty I frequently experience on the main site.

Other than that, I can't really think of much, unless there were to be a gateway and certain header includes that would offer alternative resolution views (since a lot of people do still use 800x600 rather than 1024x768, and I know people with even higher resolutions than that).

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
        Why not Flash David? I am on dial up. If you just be carefull with the sizes, the kilobytes of the swf file.
        Don't use Flash for epiosde articles or something but the navigation or something in Flash
        As member I'm going to only say this once
        Spoiler:
        No flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 05 June 2006, 04:52 AM.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would like to join with the posters who have asked for some sort of sign that the blogs have been updated.
          sigpic

Comment

I think there should be a Section on the site or in the forum where people can request a Banner, Pic or Sig to be made to the specifications and then other users can view and make it for them.
            Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

Another suggestion:

What about a "Back to Top" button at the bottom of each page?

There was another suggestion i had, but i forgot what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                GateWorld readers,

Our Web site will be receiving a major face lift a few months from now. Now is the best time to post suggestions about what you would like to see and what you'd like not to see in the new product.

Some things to consider: Should any particular section / feature be updated? Should something incidental be dropped? More episode summaries, etc?
                I could really do without the Battlestar Galactica stuff. I understand it has to be mixed in with ratings reports or mixed announcments from scifi. However I would like to see the site remain focused on Stargate news and items, which is what I come here for. Maybe since BSG will no longer be a part of the scifriday lineup and has gone a few successful seasons now, it warrants its own website for fans of the show.

Just an idea.
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Skins. Easier access to more commonly used features.

Anything but Microsoft's idea of "easier access, though.

You should definetely update it, but don't totally re-arrange everything. Otherwise I'll get confused.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    How about Gateworld banners for folks to use in their sigs or to put onto their websites? Sure, we can just snurch the ones from the top of the pages, but something a little more geared towards actual promotion might be nice.
                    Different than these?
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      Different than these?
                      They are great, however some websites don't have space for those types of logos and and need more horizontal banners. I can remember when desgining my own site I wanted to included a link to Gateworld along with a banner, but those wouldn't fit.

I hope it is understood as to what I was saying

Comment

How about Gateworld banners for folks to use in their sigs or to put onto their websites? Sure, we can just snurch the ones from the top of the pages, but something a little more geared towards actual promotion might be nice.
                        Off topic, but is that a photo of Dalton James in your avatar? It looks like him.

Marla
                        ______

Comment

Dunno who that is. My av's of Kavan Smith, the guy who plays Major Lorne on Atlantis.

Comment

I'd love to see a list of the pixel dimensions that people would use for GW link images / banners / buttons. I'd like to add some smaller buttons. (Dimensions that are somewhat standardized would be nice, as opposed to "147x33".)
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              Different than these?
                              Awesome! These are my favorites:

Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Dunno who that is. My av's of Kavan Smith, the guy who plays Major Lorne on Atlantis.
                                http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tone/MacGyver/dalton.gif

http://www.galleryofcelebrities.com/d/dalton14.jpg

He played MacGyver's son Sean Angus 'Sam' Malloy in the episode The Stringer.
                                Last edited by GateAngel; 18 March 2006, 04:46 PM.
                                ______

Comment

Working...
                                X