Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to vote for keeping the television information of episodes airing in the U.S. I appreciate the small picture and the episode title, and I have been learning episode titles ever since. However, rather than having these be one of the first things people see when they see the site, how about putting them off to the side on the bottom. That way they don't have to annoy people who don't see the episodes at the listed times.

You all do such a good job with Gateworld. Thank you!!!
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I really like the new design.

A couple of comments:
      - I especially like the new light-blue background color of some of the boxes. It makes it stick out from for example the google ads. Is it possible to do the same for the Stargate Primer? I remember that when I read it (again) at the beginning of S9, I was sooooo missing the table of contents until I realized after maybe 30 minutes that I was suffering from banner blindness because the table looked so much like an ad.
      - Is it possible to make your new Kavan video (here) only play when I hit play? I don't like the instant-play function because (1) I really have to pay attention to how much MBs I spend online, and (2) it's not much fun to find out which of my 20 opened tabs is the source of the "noise". I always almost get a heart attack because I think someone has hacked into my system.
      - Oh, almost forgot. Maybe I'm just paying too much attention to proper design, but the browser descriptions of some of the news pages are like this:
      Gateworld - News: <i>SG-1</i>'s 'Insiders' Now filming
      I realize that that comes from the original html source code and maybe you can't do anything about it but it still looks strange.
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Hi Darren,

I was wondering, when the Star Wars television series starts, do you plan to add it to the rest of the sub-sites? I sometimes check out the sub-sites if I'm trying to remember the name of an episode or something.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the "GateWorld In Vancouver" feature, sgeureka! This actually isn't the "GateWorld 2.0" redesign that we're talking about -- it's just a temporary feature for the week, while we are here in the Great White North. The home page will go back to normal early this next week.

Videos play automatically so that I don't get 20 e-mails asking why it won't play. ("Hit the Play arrow, please.") I think neither decision will be perfect for everyone, so I go with my gut.

The HTML tags in the page titles is a drawback of our news script, but a relatively minor one. I may engineer it out of there for GW 2.0.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

We may very well add a sub-site for Star Wars once the show arrives. There are a number of factors that go into that decision, but ultimately it comes down to how into a show I happen to be. And I'm a big SW fan.

Comment

Hey Darren

What kind of navigation will you use? The same as the one you have now or will you use a different kind of navigation?
              Lord Zedd

Comment

This has nothing to do with the topic, but maybe this thread should be moved to "Announcements" or something so more people will comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  We may very well add a sub-site for Star Wars once the show arrives. There are a number of factors that go into that decision, but ultimately it comes down to how into a show I happen to be. And I'm a big SW fan.
                  Speaking of new sub-sections... what about Dr. Who? It isn't an American show, although it is now playing in the U.S. too. I personally think it is very good, and have enjoyed it completely. As having the distinction of the longest running Sci-Fi series ever it has a very long history and mythology behind it, that I'm still trying to figure out. Is Dr. Who a favorite of yours as well?

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I grew up on Tom Baker on PBS, and I have enjoyed two of the three episodes of the new series I've seen so far. ("The End of the World" is a spectacular hour of Who-style entertainment.)

I hope to add an episode guide down the road, but the schedule is just too packed for this spring. Or summer.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what exactly is going to be changed?
                      O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
                      Baal: Impudence
                      O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

For the site relaunch? We are working on a new site-wide design (for the main site only -- forum to come later). That's everything visual -- headers, footers, page layout, background, icons, color schemes, fonts, etc. But no worries -- it will still feel like GateWorld, and it will still have the same content elements you are used to. This week we are finalizing a new "GateWorld" logo. Or logos.

The layout of the home page will be substantially different, but most of the same elements (and maybe a few new ones) will be present. One change I'm excited about is a bigger and more prominent way to present the big features (currently tucked into the left-hand column), and a more dynamic way to feature the latest additions to the various parts of the site.

We're also hoping to take advantage of the opportunity to shuffle around the main navigation categories, add some new items, and catch up on filling in some holes (for example, in past season episode summaries).

Comment

Are we gonna get a preview or we;ll have to wait and see?
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'd like to invite a handful of people to do a little beta-testing down the road, but other than that everyone will have to wait for the big unveiling!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              I'd like to invite a handful of people to do a little beta-testing down the road, but other than that everyone will have to wait for the big unveiling!
                              I'd be honored to be a beta-tester, Darren, If you haven't picked anyone yet or you still have an empty place open yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

i'll be happy to beta-read the new site Darren

Comment

Working...
                                X