No announcement yet.

An Interview with "Luke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know....and so far IMO,there's been a good response .
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

i just have to say,

we're all crazy...

but in a good way

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Well Darren, if you don't want to waste GateWorld's time with Luke, how about you give me the contact info and SGO can do an interview!

Comment

I voted yes - it would be an interesting interview! I mean, does the guy know about the Luke frenzy? He could do cons!!
          And also, the mention of MASH persuaded me I had to support Luke's fans....

Comment

come on people, that lemon chicken line delivery was brilliant!
            i do think it could be interesting to hear from someone whose worked on the set for about a day. to hear the thoughts of someone who has worked with one of the leads of SG-1, and with a guest star who ended up getting a leading role on the spin off would be good, even if he did only work with them for about half a day.
            also, i think it would be interesting to hear about how someone who was (presumably) just an extra, ended up being lucky enough to get a speaking part. i'd be interested to know what he thinks about his sudden (and somewhat demented) following. plus, if he got some more publicity, we might get him back on the show
            well, off i go, back to my little fantasy land.
            la, la la!

Comment

Due Respect, but I'm sorry, I don't see it. I've watched the episode numerous times and I just don't get the attraction. Has he done other work in projects other than Stargate? I'm keeping an open mind, but I've got to have more to consider otherwise, it's 'no' for me.
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                Due Respect, but I'm sorry, I don't see it. I've watched the episode numerous times and I just don't get the attraction. Has he done other work in projects other than Stargate? I'm keeping an open mind, but I've got to have more to consider otherwise, it's 'no' for me.
                He hasn't been in much else, although I did manage to pick him out of a scene in Hijack'd. I don't think the point has ever been that he's some huge, mega-brilliant star or character, but the camera lingered just long enough in 48 Hours to catch my attention. It made me wonder why it lingered and the (as I saw it) nasty look he shot at McKay made me grin. Since the show made me ask "why?" and since it obviously wasn't going to give me any answers, I decided to fill in the blanks, myself.

Haven't you ever done that? Seen some nothing little character and created a background for him/her? Or even passed someone on the street and made up a story to fit what you see? Maybe I just suffer from an over-abundance of imagination.

Still, as Barbie said, even if you don't like Luke for Luke, it might be interesting to get an outsider's perspective on Stargate and see what it's like for a "regular guy" to be on the set. Is he a fan of the show, or was it just a chance thing? Did any of the actors talk to him, other than saying lines? Was it done in one take, or did it take a while to get the scene "just right"? How was he treated? How was the food? Was that really lemon chicken he was serving, or was it a stunt chicken?

I don't think that every character on the show has to have this deep, meaningful reason for existence, but sometimes the guys in the background can be as much fun as the stars in the foreground.

Comment

Haven't you ever done that? Seen some nothing little character and created a background for him/her? Or even passed someone on the street and made up a story to fit what you see? Maybe I just suffer from an over-abundance of imagination.
                  It's a good thing you can't see the smile on my face as a memory from long, long ago on a college campus on a crisp, brilliant fall afternoon comes to mind...but I digress ....

I don't think that every character on the show has to have this deep, meaningful reason for existence, but sometimes the guys in the background can be as much fun as the stars in the foreground.
                  Hmmmmm.......This was a very good presentation and it gives me a idea of where you all are coming from. Thank you. It gives me a bit to think about...and maybe watch the episode again from a different perspective.

I'll get back to you....
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Still, as Barbie said, even if you don't like Luke for Luke, it might be interesting to get an outsider's perspective on Stargate and see what it's like for a "regular guy" to be on the set. Is he a fan of the show, or was it just a chance thing? Did any of the actors talk to him, other than saying lines? Was it done in one take, or did it take a while to get the scene "just right"? How was he treated? How was the food? Was that really lemon chicken he was serving, or was it a stunt chicken?
                    If the actor has a lot of personality it could be a nice bit of a fluffy interview. He was only there for a bit role in ONE episode so he'd have to embellish the stories a lot. Otherwise you'd get stuff like:

How did you like working with AT? Oh, she's beautiful and so nice.

Did you spend a lot of time thinking about your portrayal of the character? Er...well.... he's a food server.

Was it real chicken or rubber chicken? Real

What would be most interesting to me is if a short interview with the actor on Gateworld brought "Luke" to the attention of TPTB and he somehow became a regular "background" character on the show. Like Igor on MASH. That would be pretty amazing.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

That'd be freakin' awesome. Dunno how likely it is, but it'd be cool if it DID happen. And even if it didn't, it'd be fun to see if David and Ken could come up with enough stuff for a snazzy little interview.

Comment

I also finally voted...

I do not exactly feel the same kind of attraction some other people feel...but I like the idea in general...it's a bit like the "Figwit phenomenon" in "Lord of the Rings"...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                        ~CELLO!~
                        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

My first post here HAD to be for Luke!!!

Nice to see you using your powers for good instead of evil, Shadow!

buster

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                            I do not exactly feel the same kind of attraction some other people feel...but I like the idea in general...it's a bit like the "Figwit phenomenon" in "Lord of the Rings"...
                            Agreed. We usually focus our power on popular leads or current guest stars when it comes to the interviews, but I think we could bare to do a little interview with someone not significant to the Stargate universe. Though his contact information is unavailable. I'll have to pull some strings and contact our liason at Stargate Productions to pull it off. But anything for Shadow

Comment

Aww, Davey, you say the sweetest things! The payoff's in the mail, honest. hehe

Iskandra- I'd never heard of Figwit, but after looking him up... he DOES look kinda familiar. Strange, that. And nice to know I'm not alone with the obsessing over blink-and-you-miss-it characters.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Iskandra- I'd never heard of Figwit, but after looking him up... he DOES look kinda familiar. Strange, that. And nice to know I'm not alone with the obsessing over blink-and-you-miss-it characters.
                                Well, Figwit finally got his recognition because they included him in the third movie and he was even allowed to say a few lines

At least Luke got a "nickname" that is not an embarrassing akronym....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X