X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Anderson 'may recur on 'Stargate Universe'

Richard Dean Anderson may become a recurring castmember on Stargate Universe, according to Robert Carlyle.

Earlier this year, co-creator Brad Wright confirmed that Anderson - best known as Jack O'Neill - will guest star on the latest Stargate spinoff alongside Gary Jones.

However, Carlyle, who plays Dr Nicholas Rush on Universe, has hinted that Anderson may appear more often than was previously announced.

continues:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a17...-universe.html
    Great news! Thanks for the link!

Comment

RE: RDA in SGU...

Oh, that'd be awesome. And really...believable. Lending some continuity. Would love to see Amanda too, and Kavan Smith while they're at it.

Pol
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder how they will rationally work that into the show... earth oriented plotline?
        Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Oh I'd love to see Rick guest star more often in SGU. I know that a lot of people don't like character cross-overs, but it makes me a lot more excited for the new show.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...rgate-universe

or

Exclusive Clip: Dissension amongst the ranks on 'Stargate Universe

http://bit.ly/WQePL

Bringing an edgier, grittier and, for an outer space show at least, a more "realistic" take on the series, "SGU" follows a mix of soldiers, scientists and everyday Joe's who are forced to escape in a Stargate during an attack on their base. Unfortunately, they end up on an ancient ship on the other end of the universe unable to return to Earth and with resources dwindling.

In this exclusive clip, Dr. Nicholas Rush (Robert Carlyle of "Trainspotting") finds himself at odds with
            Spoiler:
            Msgt. Ronald Greet (Jamil Walker Smith), who is ready to stop him from playing with the ship's computer -- a console that says his adjustments will blow up the vessel. Whatever your interest in the show, it's hard to argue the clip doesn't demonstrate a big leap in terms of dramatic tension from the previous "Stargate" franchises. You can watch the entire preview embedded on this page or, to see a larger version,

REST AT LINK ABOVE
            Great clip! The more I see of Rush, the more I like him. Dang. Is it Friday yet?
            Last edited by Pepermint Jaffa; 30 September 2009, 05:49 AM.
            sigpic
            FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Anderson 'may recur on 'Stargate Universe'

Richard Dean Anderson may become a recurring castmember on Stargate Universe, according to Robert Carlyle.

Earlier this year, co-creator Brad Wright confirmed that Anderson - best known as Jack O'Neill - will guest star on the latest Stargate spinoff alongside Gary Jones.

However, Carlyle, who plays Dr Nicholas Rush on Universe, has hinted that Anderson may appear more often than was previously announced.

continues:
              Excellent news. If it was not for RDA and the rest of the cast and crew for making SG-1 such a success there would be no SGU, or even a SGA for that matter. SG-1 will always have a place in my heart because it was the first series of Stargate ever. RDA was the guy that helped make Stargate as big as it is today. Of course with the help of MS, AT, CJ, and the late Don S. Davis.
              sigpic

Comment

Digital Spy Interview: Lou Diamond Phillips ('Stargate Universe')

SG-1 and Atlantis may be officially six-feet under, but the latest instalment of the Stargate franchise is fast approaching. Last week, we gave you Robert Carlyle, and next up in our run of exclusive Universe interviews is this year's US I'm A Celebrity... winner Lou Diamond Phillips. We sat down for a chat with Phillips to find out more about his role as fighter pilot Colonel Telford, his recent jungle win, and the infamous Heidi and Spencer Montag.

continues:

Comment

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3276

Exclusive: Robert Carlyle on 'Stargate Universe'
                  Plus, we play a little word association with the Glasgow-born actor
                  By Robert Falconer | Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Scottish-born character actor Robert Carlyle is one of the most versatile thespians you're likely to meet. He's played a cold-blooded killer on the classic UK crime drama Cracker (1990), a police officer in the BBC drama Hamish Macbeth (1995-97), a psychopath in Trainspotting (1996), a strip-teasing steelworker in The Full Monty (1997), an international terrorist who feels no pain in the Bond film The World is Not Enough (1999), and an intelligence operative in 24: Redemption (2008).

And those are just a few highlights.

Inspired to take up acting after reading Arthur Miller's "The Crucible", the graduate of Glasgow Arts Centre probably never imagined, however, that a journey that began in Scotland's largest city would one day take him to distant worlds aboard an ancient starship. Yet, it is aboard the starship Destiny in a distant corner of the universe where Carlyle now finds himself, as he dons the persona of Dr. Nicholas Rush in Stargate Universe, a role which on the one hand might have been the furthest thing from his mind, and yet which seems to be the sort of part for which he was always born to play

REST AT LINK ABOVE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...erse-rush.html

or http://tinyurl.com/yc373as

SGU Week: Robert Carlyle's 'Stargate Universe' rush

It may seem odd that Robert Carlyle was the first and only choice to play the enigmatic Dr. Nicholas Rush in Syfy's "Stargate Universe."
                  But creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper pursued the actor, who made his name in such films as "Trainspotting" and "The Full Monty," until he said yes.
                  "Stargate Universe," the darker, more epic sib of "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis," premieres at 8 p.m. Friday on Syfy. Plan to be in front of your TV sets, folks. (Read my review.)

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/a1797...-universe.html

or http://tinyurl.com/yckf2fv

Lou Diamond Phillips ('Stargate Universe')
                  Wednesday, September 30 2009, 5:57am EDT

SG-1 and Atlantis may be officially six-feet under, but the latest instalment of the Stargate franchise is fast approaching. Last week, we gave you Robert Carlyle, and next up in our run of exclusive Universe interviews is this year's US I'm A Celebrity... winner Lou Diamond Phillips. We sat down for a chat with Phillips to find out more about his role as fighter pilot Colonel Telford, his recent jungle win, and the infamous Heidi and Spencer Montag.

How does Universe differ from the other Stargate series?
                  "Stargate Universe is edgier, darker, grittier - I think it builds upon what came before it in a respectful manner but takes it in a slightly different direction. We wouldn't be here today if Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis weren't well received so I think [the producers] wanted to challenge themselves and do something new - something that kept this franchise fresh and exciting for them. It isn't as episodic, it's more epic. Even in the making of it it feels like a movie to me. What's nice is none of the characters is black and white - they're definitely not typical - and you never know what they might do."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...-universe.html

or http://tinyurl.com/yd2g3ef

SGU Week: More videos with cast of 'Stargate Universe'

We're getting closer to the launch of Syfy's "Stargate Universe" on Friday. For those of you who haven't watched past "Stargate" series, these videos from Syfy may be helpful for you to understand what's happened in the past. They also tell a lot about what you'll see on Friday, so watch at your own risk. Some folks might consider this stuff spoilery. Up to you, but I say you can watch the first video, which has the cast saying where they would like to travel if they had a stargate. Enjoy, and read my interviews and reviews from SGU Week by clicking the link.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Awesome new/old clips there.

One thing that I noticed which kinda annoyed me (spoiler for anyone who didn't watch the clips):

Spoiler:

At the end of the last clip, you see Rush saying that there is a countdown going on - "just over 12 hours left";
                    Then they show a clock onboard the destiny, and it's in the format of 00:00:00.00 ...
                    Even though the numbers are in ancient, I think it's kinda weird that ancients would show time exactly as modern earth civ shows it; not to mention divide the time by 60 seconds per minute / 60 minutes per hour...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
                      Awesome new/old clips there.

One thing that I noticed which kinda annoyed me (spoiler for anyone who didn't watch the clips):

Spoiler:

At the end of the last clip, you see Rush saying that there is a countdown going on - "just over 12 hours left";
                      Then they show a clock onboard the destiny, and it's in the format of 00:00:00.00 ...
                      Even though the numbers are in ancient, I think it's kinda weird that ancients would show time exactly as modern earth civ shows it; not to mention divide the time by 60 seconds per minute / 60 minutes per hour...
                      Spoiler:
                      Who says that they're in 60 seconds per minute et cetera format? Another language... another time system? Maybe 21 BlahBlahs in a BlahBlahBlah, with 350 BlahBlahBlah in a SomethingSomething. And Rush just translated it to hours for the public.

Or the Ancients invented time first!
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/1063..._interview.php

Inside the SyFy World of 'Stargate Universe' with Actor David Blue
                        by Troy Rogers

THE DEADBOLT: What do you enjoy about playing Eli?

DAVID BLUE: Oh, that's a rough one. What do I enjoy about it? There's really not a lot that I don't. It's very challenging. There have been many times that I didn't quite know how to approach something and that's what really excites me about acting, is having to figure things out.

Then I get to work with some amazing talent out there nowadays. I mean, not just Robert Carlyle who is a great guy and an amazing actor but Ming Na and Louis Ferreira and Brian J. Smith and Elyse Levesque. They really are some of the top people at their game right now. It's amazing to work on a show where you show up and you don't have to worry about if somebody else is going to be prepared and bring something to the table. All you have to worry about is your part, and are you going to be able to live up to it? It's exciting and that's what's great about it; that's what's challenging about it, you know?

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lou Diamond Phillips

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a1...nd-facade.html

Montag, Pratt 'hiding behind facade'

US I'm A Celebrity... winner Lou Diamond Phillips has suggested that his fellow jungle contestants Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt may be 'hiding behind a facade'.
                        Speaking exclusively to DS, 47-year-old Phillips said that the public should "believe the hype" when it comes to the infamous Hills stars.
                        Asked what he thinks of the duo, he replied: "A lot of people have asked me and I can only say, 'Believe the hype'. They put out a certain image and they're doing it purposefully, they know what they're doing.

More (yes, the SGU related stuff) at LDP interview at

http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/a1797...-universe.html

What can you tell us about your character?
                        "Colonel David Telford is a fighter pilot. He's supposed to be the commander of the mission that goes through the Stargate to the ninth chevron so he's pretty proud and full of himself. He's got that Top Gun cockiness to him and when the Icarus base is attacked and a lot of people are stranded on the other side of the universe, he's the quarterback who gets taken out of the game - he gets sidelined. Right now I'm a recurring guest star. I go up next week to do the last three [episodes]."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://scifi.about.com/b/2009/09/30/...son-so-far.htm

The New Season So Far
                        The remaining new show, Stargate Universe, is by far the best of the lot. Watch for my review and more SGU coverage between now and the series premiere, Friday on Syfy.

Comment

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=32&cs=1

VARIETY
                          Stargate Universe

(Series -- SyFy, Fri. Oct. 2, 9 p.m.)
                          By LAURA FRIES

Filmed in Vancouver by MGM Worldwide Television Distribution. Executive producers, Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Carl Binder, N. John Smith; producer, John G. Lenic; director, Andy Mikita; writers, Cooper, Wright,

Dr. Nicholas Rush - Robert Carlyle
                          Col. Everett Young - Louis Ferreira
                          1st Lt. Matthew Scott - Brian J. Smith
                          Chloe Armstrong - Elyse Levesque
                          Eli Wallace - David Blue
                          1st Lt. Tamara
                          Johansen - Alaina Huffman
                          Master Sgt.
                          Ronald Greer - Jamil Walker Smith
                          Camile Wray - Ming-Na
                          Col. Telford - Lou Diamond Phillips

EXCERPTS: For a group of civilians, military and scientific research personnel trying to evade an alien attack, their desperate escape through the Stargate lands them aboard an ancient, unmanned space ship, the Destiny. The ship, created thousands of years ago as a way to place Stargates throughout the universe, is on an unstoppable pre-determined course. With no way to alter the ship from its current autopilot, the group unwittingly has to continue the mission with the hope of somehow eventually dialing back to Earth via the Stargate.
                          …….
                          It all makes for an intriguing setup that doesn't quite gel, even by the end of the third episode. Sure, "SGU" is grittier, darker and psychologically deeper than previous versions. But so far, it's also a lot less fun.
                          camera, Rohn Schmidt; Carl Binder; editors, Mike Banas, Brad Rines, Rick Martin; music, Joel Goldsmith; casting, Paul Weber, Jennifer Lurey, Jennifer Page, Corinne Clark, Sandra-Ken Freeman. Running time: 120 MIN.

FULL ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://io9.com/5369092/god-is-our-sp...need-jesus-now

God Is Our Space Pilot: Does Every SF Show Need Jesus Now?

EXCERPT: Science fiction TV shows used to be about scientists playing God — now our intrepid heroes meet God, instead. The overt religious discussions on Battlestar Galactica stood out as unusual, but now every SF show brandishes a bible. What happened?

And then there's Stargate Universe, which — spoiler alert again! — has a character experience weird religious visions for no discernable reason in its second episode. (Or third, if you count the two-hour pilot as two episodes.) It's never entirely clear why one character, stuck on a weird, inhospitable planet, is having visions of being in church and talking to a priest, and it seems partly designed to give us a chunk of this character's backstory. But it also feels like a quick-and-dirty way of conveying that this character is having a spiritual wandering-in-the-wilderness thing, without actually having to create any real religious/spiritual content to go with it. It feels a bit cheap: he's in the wilderness, and he sees some churchy stuff. Oh! So that means it's deeply symbolic or something.

http://www.tvovermind.com/stargate-u...st-of-us/10400

Review – Stargate Universe – A Stargate For The Rest of Us

EXCERPT: I am not a big fan of the various Stargate TV shows. I liked the movie – by which I mean the Kurt Russel/James Spader one – but never really dug the television versions. I can’t explain why, and it is not a vehement hatred so don’t flame me, I was just never ‘hooked.’ The only reason this is significant now is because of how much I absolutely loved Stargate Universe.
                          I’m going to guess that Stargate Universe is going to appeal to the legions of Stargate fans out there, but before I even watched the pilot my condition for liking the show was that it had to appeal to someone who was completely unaware of the Stargate Universe as defined by SG1, Atlantis, and whatever constituent material that belongs to those worlds. Not because I loathe them so, because I don’t, but because I would be completely lost if they relied on me knowing those histories.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/i...oid=2362592&hp

I Love Television
                          Interview with a Stargate Nerd!

by Wm.™ Steven Humphrey

There's nothing good debuting on TV this week, which forces me to do the unthinkable: write about Stargate. I KNOW, RIGHT? My booty-tapping stats are diminishing by the second! Even worse, I know absolutely NOTHING about the Stargate shows—primarily because I have other interests, which include getting laid and NOT getting beat up. Therefore I've decided to bring in an expert this week: an actual bespectacled nerd and self-proclaimed Stargate fan (HA!!), who presumably is going to explain the difference between the old Stargate series and the newest member of the franchise debuting this week, Stargate Universe (SYFY, Fri Oct 2, 9 pm). He'll also explain why I shouldn't stick his head in a toilet. Enjoy!

Comment

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/09...ders-unionize/

The GeekDads Episode #52: Until the Spiders Unionize
                            9/30/2009

The GeekDads talk about steam-punk spiders and the premiere of Stargate Universe! Enjoy!
                            GeekDad.com is the parenting blog at Wired.com, edited by Ken Denmead and Chris Anderson. It is a community of like-minded geeky parents writing about our experiences raising our kids in the digital age, and about our obsessions with technology, family-friendly projects, and pop-culture. The GeekDads podcast is a bi-weekly discussion of anything and everything that impacts us as geeks and parents.

You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
                            You can subscribe directly with this RSS feed.
                            You can download GeekDad Episode 52.mp3 directly.
                            Or you can listen in this embedded player.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.freep.com/article/2009092...353/1035/rss04

"Stargate Universe," the third installment in the franchise, has a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians stranded on a massive ancient ship somewhere in space. Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Phillips lead the cast. 9 p.m., SyFy.

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainm...677?source=rss

SyFy's "Stargate Universe," on Friday, a brand new story that welcomes viewers who never joined the previous "Stargate" franchise. Launching with a two-hour movie, the cast boasts Robert Carlyle, David Blue and Ming Na. They play a team of explorers stuck in a faraway corner of the universe on an old spaceship, part of a long-ago experiment, unable to return to Earth. Could be habit forming.

http://www.mania.com/tv-wasteland-ga...le_117890.html

TV Wasteland: The Gate Keeps Going
                            The Stargate franchise starts a whole new chapter this week.

Who could have guessed that a throwaway little science fiction film from Roland Emmerich--the Irwin Allen of our era--would produce such a legacy. Stargate: SG-1 became one of sci-fi television's monumental success stories… and has now officially spawned its second spin-off, moving it into rarefied territory held by the likes of Star Trek. Whether the new Stargate Universe will measure up to its predecessor--or even the more modest joys of Stargate Atlantis--has yet to be seen, but they're certainly pulling out all the stops for it. The presence of notable actors like Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Philips suggests that it may have quite a bit in its corner (though admittedly both of those actors have lent their talents to highly questionable projects in the past).
                            REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Ming-Na and Lou Diamond Phillips, stars of SyFy's new "Stargate Universe," will be at Planet Hollywood Times Square Friday at 1 p.m. ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz0Sck0ufMA

Comment

I09

http://io9.com/5371406/we-take-sgus-...-replace-mckay

We take SGU's David Blue to Task - Is Eli Trying to Replace mcKay?

We were lucky enough to interview two new Stargate Universe crew members, played by Ming-Na and David Blue. We took the opportunity to grill Blue on his Gater know-how and find out all we could about Eli.

Ming-Na and David Blue's characters are probably the two must buzzed-about crew members aboard Stargate Universe's Destiny. Ming-Na plays the first openly gay Gater, Camile Wray. And we'll have plenty more from Ming-Na for you very soon, but this half of our exclusive SGU interview we focused in on David Blue's character Eli Wallace.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X