Weaponized Naquadria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ummm something i just thought about

werent they developing a light weight alloy 4 the vests capable of stopping a staff blast?

i think that those plates were less than a half inch thick.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

ok yep was right

in HEROES pt1 they show the regular armor plate 4 the vests and that REGULAR STEEL plate is about 10-15mm thick and it is stated that that would stop a staff blast however it would get superheated from the plasma and would cook the person inside

if a thin plate wil stop a staff blast i think that a 10-12.5cm thick blast door would most definately stop a blast.

i mean come on in one of the replicator episodes they used 2 bricks of c4 to get through one of those doors.

as Jack said " Its a BLAST DOOR"

Comment

i agree and second your rant mrs tunafish oh i mean MR fish

Comment

dammit

EDIT:

found the episode. Chain Reaction (4.15)

final proof:

Spoiler:

Last edited by thekillman; 14 February 2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            *facepalm*

i know. i meant for the blast doors. since the plasma bolts went through with ease early in SG1
            yet later on never happened again, i'd say the same alloy was used for them.
            Keyword being never. I'm willing to bet that it was an oversight in production, and not in any way relevant to the general plot.

Secondly we don't know what fired those shots, we never saw what was on the other side. They could have been from the much more powerful turrets/fixed platforms. Or even from a death glider. They did mention that it was an ambush so the likelihood of more weapons present is very high. And the plasma bolts looked bigger than what would come out of a normal staff weapon.

Third, are you sure those are holes ? They look more like burn marks with some indentation. We saw one shot hitting the unprotected glass. If it didn't melt that, surely it couldn't have melted solid steel/or whatever alloy.

Cool episode though (Chain Reaction), thanks for giving me a reason to rewatch it.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

there most definately are holes. the concrete gets destroyed too. the glass is just a scorchmark.

however, since these instances have been VERY rare, it's most likely it didn't really happen often, and any "coming in hot" missions are directed to the Alpha site, or so, where there are additional failsafes perhaps.

Comment

ok back to the main topic here

i got the idea from the movie Wing Commander

its a "skipper" missile

the idea is to use a naquadria hyperspace generator to cause the missile to enter hyperspace 4 milliseconds @ a time after each jump the missile reorients it self and jumps again making the targeting range 4 the firing vessel longer and it makes the missile itself harder for the enemy to destroy b4 impact.

upon impact the hyperdrive goes into overload and due to the naquadria the detonation as we all know will be quite big
                Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 16 February 2010, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Setsuna FYI the hyperspace window has no direction or more accurately say hyperspace has no direction you can enter a window one direction and exit in the opposite direction. Though the general times this happens it sees to go in a straight line.

Comment

actually we don't know that

Comment

If the missile has a hype-drive, and can steer itself - whether hyperspace has a direction or not is irrelevant. The reason to stay in hyperspace is to be impervious to countermeasures and/or bypass shields; the reason to get out of hp. frequently is to reacquire the location of the target in case it takes evasive action. It's a good idea.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        actually we don't know that
                        We know they can steer in hyperspace.

So whats so hard doing a 180?

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post
                          We know they can steer in hyperspace.

So whats so hard doing a 180?
                          we do? ive never heard or seen anything that confimes steering in hyperspace.
                          ive allways thought that a drop out would be necesary to change direction.

Comment

guys plz read my post

i stated that the missile would be in hyperspace for a fraction of a second. so there is no time to turn around or mannuever

Comment

wow is it just me or did this thread give up the ghost?

Comment

i don't see how we got from naquahdriah to hypermissiles.

but anyway, as i said, use a hypermissile with naquahdriah hyperdrive. the hyperdrive doubles as nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X