No announcement yet.

Weaponized Naquadria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i too never saw a staff blast go through a blast door, it hardly penetrates people. since COTG when it breaks down the wall its never been used in a destructive capacity equal to even that of a bag of gunpowder.

plus in the eps they commonly cut down the doors of the ship quickly with a plasma torch. (although they may not be made of the naquadah alloy)
    sigpic
    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

also, we're talking a superspaceship. even our own ships have asgard reenforcements and trinium alloys. and that's to lower costs.
      How is making trinium alloys and using asgard reenforcements cutting costs? plus its quoted tht trinium is twices as strong as steel (or was it titanium?) and half the weight i believe, so its more logical than a super dense material that acts as an energy capacitor. plus neither mining trinium or naquadah is done by humans, we only have to supply basic tools to the unas and get whatever the indians suppy us. so they are both very cheap comodities in our materials market. probably costing less than our earth sourced materials
      sigpic
      THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
        plus neither mining trinium or naquadah is done by humans, we only have to supply basic tools to the unas and get whatever the indians suppy us. so they are both very cheap comodities in our materials market. probably costing less than our earth sourced materials
        Actually, the native american alien guys buried the stargate so they can't be our source of trinium unless we went back there by ship...I could have sworn it was mentioned that we do actually operate our own offworld mine somewhere, not sure whether it was a neutronium, trinium or naquadah mine though.....

Comment

it was trinium and was mentioned in Promethius i believe
          sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

it is trinium, yes.

i have seen all eps, yes. i have seen all SGA and SGU too. i remember a lot. but not specifics.

it didn't go through the normal blast doors. it was a case, i believe perhaps Solitudes, in which staff weapon fire came through the gate, Hammond orders to have the iris open just a bit longer. we wait and wait, the control room blast door is lowered, and we see HOLES in as the plasma weapons strike. then, finally, SG1 stumbles through and the Iris is closed.

it happened 1 or 2 times. probably after we got trinium, the blast doors were reinforced.

we use trinium alloys. most likely steel/trinium or titanium/trinium alloys. this is cheaper than full inert naquahdah plating.

in, i believe Between Two Fires, the tollan want to trade our trinium for their ion cannons.

Comment

it is trinium, yes.

i have seen all eps, yes. i have seen all SGA and SGU too. i remember a lot. but not specifics.

it didn't go through the normal blast doors. it was a case, i believe perhaps Solitudes, in which staff weapon fire came through the gate, Hammond orders to have the iris open just a bit longer. we wait and wait, the control room blast door is lowered, and we see HOLES in as the plasma weapons strike. then, finally, SG1 stumbles through and the Iris is closed.

it happened 1 or 2 times. probably after we got trinium, the blast doors were reinforced.

we use trinium alloys. most likely steel/trinium or titanium/trinium alloys. this is cheaper than full inert naquahdah plating.

in, i believe Between Two Fires, the tollan want to trade our trinium for their ion cannons.
              Titanium/trinium for the Iris.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

*facepalm*

i know. i meant for the blast doors. since the plasma bolts went through with ease early in SG1 yet later on never happened again, i'd say the same alloy was used for them.

Comment

*facepalm*

i know. i meant for the blast doors. since the plasma bolts went through with ease early in SG1 yet later on never happened again, i'd say the same alloy was used for them.
                  Trinium alloy coating maybe?
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

*sigh*

that thing is like, 2-3 cm thick. it's about the size of the iris. why not make it entirely out of that alloy.

and no coating can stop a plasma blast like that

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                      Actually, the native american alien guys buried the stargate so they can't be our source of trinium unless we went back there by ship...I could have sworn it was mentioned that we do actually operate our own offworld mine somewhere, not sure whether it was a neutronium, trinium or naquadah mine though.....
                      There's a naquadah mine operated by the Unas on their home world. Episode "Enemy Mine". Presumably there's also a trinium mine somewhere; it hasn't been directly mentioned but Earth does have a supply of trinium.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I scanned through the first two seasons of SG-1 and didn't even find any scenes of Jaffa blasts coming through the stargate to the SGC (it's possible I could have missed it)...in There but for the Grace of God (1x19), the Jaffa actually seem to use explosives to get through one of the doors which seems like a waste of time if their staffs can do it...we learn about trinium in Spirits (2x13) and by A Matter of Time (2x16) we have enough trinium to build an iris with it...
                        Last edited by tinerin; 13 February 2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

the blast door which protects the Gateroom. you know, that massive screen they almost never lower.

the most exact i can recall:

SG1 is coming in hot. the Iris is open. there is silence. suddenly, plasma fire comes through, and hits the walls.
                          more plasma blasts. the blast door is lowered. we see plasma bolts penetrating them. they wait. according to the rules, the iris should be closed. but Hammond persists. finally, SG1 stumbles through, and the Iris is closed.

Comment

naquahdah does not emit radiation. naquahdriah does.

i think the KNq reaction was de-canonised. really, it's that convenient, it would've allowed us to annihilate goauld ships no contest. just sneak a bar of litium onboard (even stronger than Potassium) and voila, superboom
                            I think you got that wrong, Group I metals get more reactive as you go down the column, so Potassium is more reactive than Lithium. If you used something like Cesium or Francium then the reaction would be extremely violent.
                            "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                            "That he is concealing something."
                            "Like what?"
                            "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                            "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                            "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                            "I liked that movie!"

Comment

the blast door which protects the Gateroom.
                              I just checked the first three seasons of SG-1 and found no evidence of any Jaffa weapons fire entering the gateroom through the stargate let alone anything that penetrated the blast door...and like I said, we began using the trinium alloy iris in 2x16 so the gate room blast doors should be using trinium by the end of season 2...

you know, that massive screen they almost never lower.
                              wow really, like i said, i couldn't find any scenes in the first three seasons where Jaffa weapons fire even entered the gate room (except at the beginning of COTG) and only one other scene where Jaffa weapons were even used anywhere in the SGC (when they used explosives to blow up a door)...

SG1 is coming in hot. the Iris is open. there is silence. suddenly, plasma fire comes through, and hits the walls.
                              more plasma blasts. the blast door is lowered. we see plasma bolts penetrating them. they wait. according to the rules, the iris should be closed. but Hammond persists. finally, SG1 stumbles through, and the Iris is closed.
                              I just checked the first three seasons and I'm not gonna bother checking the rest (since they had to have been upgraded with trinium by then) so I'm gonna chalk it up to you remembering the scene incorrectly unless you can actually prove it happened...I did my part and checked like 60 episodes without finding it; the burden of proof is now on you; if you're going to claim that Jaffa weapons could ever penetrate our blast doors then prove it actually happened...a staff weapon blast barely puts a dent in the concrete wall in COTG and you think it can penetrate a thick steel blast door?
                              Last edited by tinerin; 13 February 2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

*sigh*

that thing is like, 2-3 cm thick. it's about the size of the iris. why not make it entirely out of that alloy.

and no coating can stop a plasma blast like that
                                Blast doors are defininetly not 2-3 cm thick. More like 4-5 inches. The iris is razor thin, or appears to be so.

And I'm not talking about a paint coating, which is a millimeter thick, I'm talking about maybe a .5-1 cm thick coating. The rest, something particularly dense. And besides, how do you know what trinium can do?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X