• Time
  • Show
Clear All

302 per missiles
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
      the tie fighter
      1 double laser blast would easily kill the dart while a tie could likely resist a few shots
      the dart also seems to be less maneuverable than ties
      The Tie fighter has no shields and dies really easily. And it's pilots tend to have less experiance. Dart every time

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
      f302 vs tie fighter
      302. It has shields, guided missiles and lots of other cool gadgets. The Tie fighter doesn't even have an inner-atmoshpere.
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        The Tie fighter has no shields and dies really easily. And it's pilots tend to have less experiance. Dart every time
        the tie already can partially block laser shots from x-wings and other ties, the darts gun is pretty weak and it can be damaged by *assault rifles*
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

The tie has never displayed any such ability. It's why the rebels can survive overwhelming odds in their fighters, because Tie pilots only have to do one tour, so are not fully experianced vets, their ships are mass produced with NO shielding and have displayed none of this high manouverability(sp) you describe. The Tie also, from all film and novel cannon, appears to be relatively simplistic in it's aiming and accuracy abilities.
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

the tie has been described as surviving grazing shots from rebel starfighters in thenovels. i very much doubt the dart's single peashooter is as powerful as the tie's double lasers. its also known that they (ties) are more maneuverable than the x-wing. i'm well aware that it has NO shielding so you don't need to capitalize for emphasis. the dart pilots are as expendable as ties if not more since they are perfectly willing to tactically ram targets, intercept drones, or blow themselves up to avoid capture. tie pilots also do this but less often.

a shot from -one- of the tie's lasers would destroy the dart. iirc a dart started trailing smoke from a m-16 burst or something in search and rescue.
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

That peashooter seemed perfectly capable of destroying Puddlejumpers. The dart is also meant to be the fastest figther in the SGverse, but moves at the speeds that allow it to be hit by assault weapons. Moving at full speed, that event would never have happened.
              The Dart has displayed decent manouvreability, has targeting devices and whilst comparitively lightly armoured, could outrun a tie no worries. I agree, if a Tie can hit the Dart, it's smoke. IF
              Last edited by Stewart5; 15 April 2010, 03:39 AM. Reason: I re-read and realised how childish that sounded...whoops!
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

<capslock>I DON'T THINK PUDDLEJUMPERS ARE THAT HEAVILY ARMORED. THE DART RELIES ON A TEXT-BASED INTERFACE FOR ALL OPERATIONS. I SEEM TO RECALL A SCENE IN NO MANS LAND WHERE A FAIR SIZED GROUP OF DARTS HAD SOME TROUBLE HITTING SHEPPARD'S 302 AND WHEN THEY DID HIT ONLY BLEW OFF A WING. I BELIEVE THAT IN THE PILOT EP, MULTIPLE DARTS ONLY LANDED A BARELY DAMAGING HIT ON THE JUMPER.</capslock>
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Yes, becuase it was Shep's jumper. In the ep before Letters from Pegasus (or whatever that eps called) a single Dart managed to destroy a jumper very quickly. And Jumpers have shields that have taken some amount of punishment before, such as in Adrift
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

in that episode (the brotherhood) the dart only killed the jumper because they were moving towards each other and the shot went through the windshield which is most likely weaker than the hull. i havent watched adrit but im pretty jumpers don't have shields except for one or two which were modified
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

how the Destiny vs Ha'tack

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                        tha hatak wins that one imo wit the power of its weapons and rate of fire destiny is history.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                          tha hatak wins that one imo wit the power of its weapons and rate of fire destiny is history.
                          as much as i hate to admit it I agree.

I hope in a later season we find a way to diel destiny and then we send things through to update Destiny

Comment

Full power destiny, with 100% weapons? Or the way it is now?
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

That's a tough one, the Destiny's survived several hours of continuous bombardment by alien ships, but it's also so old, the Himalayas were probably a speed bump when it launched. I call it an even match.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                                If we assume that it is the Destiny in its current state and we assume that each shot of the blue alien's main weapons is equal to a single shot from a Ha'tak's main weapons then Destiny will be destroyed in short order.

The blue alien's main weapons fire about one shot every two to three seconds, the Ha'tak fires around two shots ever second and has around 12 to 18 main weapons to the blue alien's one. If you are to assume that these weapons are equal in power per shot then the Ha'tak will pound Destiny into dust in short order.

If Destiny were in its hey-day then I would say it is an equal match between it and a Ha'tak.

Comment

Working...
                                X