No announcement yet.

More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea exactly acccept im American and i have enourmos respect for England after teh Battle of Brittain and the sinking of the Bismark. And i beleave that England could easly feild a 304. And i also beleave that you guys could bring some great stratigy to the fight.
    sigpic

Comment

i was not only talking about england,
      half of europe has given support to Atlantis, without getting anything in return

Comment

Accept the French
        sigpic

Comment

these is a picture of all countries who helped Atlantis, shame holland isnt part of it
          http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...expedition.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by General Jack View Post
            I think the good old U.S.A should be the only one the have ships because the other countries don't have highly trained teams that know what they are doing to get them out when they get their butts kicked.
            This post is a brilliant combianation of arrogance and ignorance.

Comment

i agree, it is not like we get experienced by not doing anything at all

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                This post is a brilliant combianation of arrogance and ignorance.
                lol it does prove my earlier point about america

The only reason European countries dont have the room is the density they have the room to house the ship but what ever direction you take in Britain your going to fly over a city town or village before you get the altitude you need and building on islands is the only way to do it but getting the supplis for the shiphangers and the ship's themselves out theres the biggest problem but easy to overcome.

For all you people saying america's the only country able to run these ships open your eyes for once germany britain and france have a lot more experience than you, britain and france have ruled nearly half the world for hundreds of year britain has more naval and army experience than any other country in the world except maybe france. But saying your the best just shows the ignorance and blindside of america Britain france germany and russia (all european countries) have more international influence than america will ever have becuase we atleast have certain parts of the world who like us wereas you have very little.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

well holland has a very experienced navy and army as well
                  we are currently in one of the most dangerous parts of afghanistan
                  a good hiding place for a 304 would be on one of the isles in the middle of the pacific

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post

The only reason European countries dont have the room is the density they have the room to house the ship but what ever direction you take in Britain your going to fly over a city town or village before you get the altitude you need and building on islands is the only way to do it but getting the supplis for the shiphangers and the ship's themselves out theres the biggest problem but easy to overcome.

For all you people saying america's the only country able to run these ships open your eyes for once germany britain and france have a lot more experience than you, britain and france have ruled nearly half the world for hundreds of year britain has more naval and army experience than any other country in the world except maybe france. But saying your the best just shows the ignorance and blindside of america Britain france germany and russia (all european countries) have more international influence than america will ever have becuase we atleast have certain parts of the world who like us wereas you have very little.
                    Very true. We Hungarians could also contribute: we make the best rebellions in the world! And we are the only ones who can cook a proper goulash, too.

Comment

A 304 would probably be surprisingly easy to hide, despite it's aircraft carrier size. In mainland UK alone, there are dozens of old RAF bases - if it's only launched at night, that opens up some options. Or there are large parts of Scotland that could hide a 304 facility.

For the rest of the world, the outlook is even better. Hiding a 304 wouldn't be a problem. paying for it might be, but as has been pointed out, a few billion wouldn't be that much.

It is simply a case of Stargate being an American show, and that means everything is about America, and done by America (unless its bad, in which case its Russia or China). British shows do the same - look at Doctor Who: EVERYTHING alien on earth seems to take place in the UK. This is because of national pride, a bit of arrogance, and most importantly: budget. With Stargate, maybe its too expensive to hire British actors (or those from any other country) on a very regular basis, when you have an abundance of American and Canadian actors.

That said, a very occasional mention of other countries being involved more and maybe a glimpse or throw away line about how Russia has acquired a second 304 and the UK is looking to acquire one would be cool. Maybe even mention a few more details, like the commanding officer (I think the RAF equivalent of Colonel is Group Captain) and the ships name. I personally like Dauntless (very British sounding, and the UK tradition of sometimes naming ships of a common class with names beginning with the same letter could be good, i.e. Daedalus followed in the UK by Dauntless, Defiance, Defender, Dreadnaught etc).
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

if we share ships, which i think is a good idea, i think we would have to do away with the different military titles of different countrys.

US: colonel,

UK: group commander.

it would be very confusing to address each other in the middle of a battle useing different ranks for each nation. if we share ships, we would have to have a common ranking system to avoid confusing situations.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post

Nah. China has had thousands of years of naval and military experience.
                          But we're just too chink.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                            Nah. China has had thousands of years of naval and military experience.
                            But we're just too chink.
                            Yeah but Britain and France have had even more experience i think together weve thought almost every nation in the world ( including the shortest war in history 40 minutes gota love the navy)

China is an older country granted but it hasnt put to much effort into global conquest or territory gain (never thought id say that) but britain ruled ever ocean for a couple hundred years china's navy wasnt as capable and couldnt rule the pacific. Weve thought in atleast 5 major conflicts in recent times Iraqx2 afghanistan and the falklands wereas apart from tibet i dont think china's thought a war since ww2 dunno bout vietnam or the first gulf war. Also chinas modern day navy isnt in the same class as britain france us and russia.

do you realy want china to have advanced military equipment??
                            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

just because a country has hundreads of years of naval experience dosn't mean they will be the best to have a spaceship, we won't know who would be best, or even qualified until they've been in acutal space action.

Comment

But the tatics are really the same
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X