Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
    that would be awesome!
    Sure, the only trouble would be the messing up between Sg1 and Atlantis.
    The Asgard ships would fit better in the coulours of Pegasus ("greenish blue", "blueish green",....).

Comment

well, sincethey are in the same universe and reality, it would be possible, pus the ships look cool, what would stargate be without a little art.

Comment

I think we could actually send an Ori warship in Pegasus only if they had others at their disposal near Earth.

Comment

i think the ori shps are awesome, but if we had even one of those, we could own everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
            my fav ship is the O'Neil aswell but i would love to see the replicator ship from enemies. i think it would be a good fight aganist that and a hive. i would love to see the race the ship belongs to. maybe its the ancients but that very very unlightly
            maybe the nox, grace aliens or the furling
            it also looks a bit like the gadmeer vessel

shall i start a thread

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              I would love to see a treasure hunt episode and treasure is:

Never before seen, newly minted (10,000 years ago), top secret, hidden Ancient Warship of awesome power.

Massive: 2,000 meters, one massive powerful beam cannon (Ori like, but with even more kick, directly powered by 1 ZPM, 2nd ZPM to power everything else), drones, intergalatic hyperdrive, amazing shields (Oddyssey AoT style).

Everybody looking for it: Humans, Wraith, Larren and even the Genii.

I am frankly disspointed with the Aurora's, if the Ancients could built Atlantis, they definitely should have been able to built a better warship.

And this episode would do it.

Who gets the warship? Earth, and they do not lose it either!

That would be a amzing episode but do you realy think the TPTB would give us that amount of firepower thats providing we get it first.

good idea though!!
              This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
              Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
              we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

sorry but doubt they would add that.. Unless it's just a ruin that's being studied by the wraith. But doubt they would add it since it'd probly be the same of what happened last time when they got a ancient warship, blows up.

I'd suggest at least something new... than just a new warship from the ancient time. A new Human warship is better.

And Ancients were trying to run away, since they were losing the war.

Comment

Originally Posted by JSPuddlejumper
                  I would love to see a treasure hunt episode and treasure is:

Never before seen, newly minted (10,000 years ago), top secret, hidden Ancient Warship of awesome power.

Massive: 2,000 meters, one massive powerful beam cannon (Ori like, but with even more kick, directly powered by 1 ZPM, 2nd ZPM to power everything else), drones, intergalatic hyperdrive, amazing shields (Oddyssey AoT style).

Everybody looking for it: Humans, Wraith, Larren and even the Genii.

I am frankly disspointed with the Aurora's, if the Ancients could built Atlantis, they definitely should have been able to built a better warship.

And this episode would do it.

Who gets the warship? Earth, and they do not lose it either!
                  Sounds like a good episode however wouldn't the beam weapon from the Siege Part I be more useful, with a ZPM that would have a very small if any recharge time and so far it's actually the most powerful beam weapon on the show beside the Asuran gate satellite. That weapon sliced through a Hive so easily, and the cannon doesn't need to be big, as the Asgard beam weapons have proved, so they can make it smaller on the ship and it won't look ridiculous

With a ship that powerful i wouldn't mind the villains getting it instead of the good guys, we already have incredibly strong vessels so give one to the bad guys.

Comment

if the bad guys had that kind of firepower they could destory atlantis and severaly damage earth, once that happenes, no more stargate.

Comment

if the bad guys had that kind of firepower they could destory atlantis and severaly damage earth, once that happenes, no more stargate.
                      I agree, but it would make a pretty interesting story.
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The bad guys have that kind of fire power, the projectile weapons the Wraith use in the Siege Part III. If they work like they do against Atlantis' shield against every shield the Wraith could kick everybodies arses so easily it's not funny.

Comment

wraith use lasers, not projectiles, also, while the wraith were bombarding atlantis in the sige part 3, (one of my fav episodes), it would have taken a couple days to deplete the shields of an already partly depleted zpm. however, as was shown with our new asgard upgrades we have stronger shields and the lasers, which while outnumbered won't really help, but it does give us a better chance then we had before. also, our ships, because they are smaller are for more manuverable then wraith ships, which is another advanage.

Comment

wraith use lasers, not projectiles, also, while the wraith were bombarding atlantis in the sige part 3, (one of my fav episodes), it would have taken a couple days to deplete the shields of an already partly depleted zpm. however, as was shown with our new asgard upgrades we have stronger shields and the lasers, which while outnumbered won't really help, but it does give us a better chance then we had before. also, our ships, because they are smaller are for more manuverable then wraith ships, which is another advanage.
                            The Wraith use pulse weapons, our Asgard weapons are plasma beams. Rewatch the Siege Part III and Progeny, in the Siege Part III the weapons fired by the Hives looks nothing like any energy weapon they have used in any ship combat. Not much proof they are projectiles just that they are different to their normal pulse weapons however when you see the Wraith attack Atlantis in Progeny we clearly see the weapons leave behind a trail of smoke which energy weapons don't do thus confirming they are projectiles. These projectiles have a minimum draining yield (per cannon) of 3.125 petatons against Lantean shield tech, it is most likely more. These weapons would explain why Atlantis was put on the bottom of the ocean to disperse Wraith weapons fire.

Their is no evidence as to what state the ZPM was in, as you say a couple of days to deplete a ZPM. Do you realise the kind of firepower that takes.

"Falling Stars"
                            - Focused and shiny draining projectiles.
                            - Lower estimated draining yield (per cannon): 3.125 petatons (3.125 million gigatons), only against Lantean tech shield. Very low DET.

The "falling stars", fired by the Wraith fleet both against Atlantis and against the defense satellite. Notice how after firing fireballs earlier on in their first two engagements with the Daedalus, they switched to that type of weaponry when aiming at the Lantean city.

The sound they produce is a kind of high pitched whistle.
                            An important detail is that in the only two times such weapons were used, the bolts were only fired against Lantean structures: the satellite in Siege Part I, and Atlantis, in Siege Part III. Lantean structures are known for not being particularily strong, often relying on powerful shields.

It's possible that this weapon exploits a weakness in Lantean technology, like anything related to shields, and it is possible that the Wraith thought that the satellite would be shielded.

Either all Wraith ships possess the falling star technology, and then, we could theorize that this weapon is particularily relevant against unshielded targets and city-class shields (they have never been used against the Daedalus), or that not all Wraith ships possess that technology, which is fairly possible considering that the Wraith are territorial, and that the most prized secrets about their technology are only known by a handful Keepers.

The second reason would explain why those weapons weren't used against the Orion in No Man's Land.

It's logical that these special weapons were used here. Had the shield been finally drained, the last bolts that would have stroke the city would have not vaporized it (supported by evidence from episode Progeny), while the fireballs, with their gigatons of power, would have had in the blink of an eye. One would argue that the Wraith would have not fired the fireballs anywhere near max power, but then it would have been completely pointless firing at the shield at such a power level and ever hope to dent it.

Though the falling stars do not possess a large amount of energy on their own, especially when looking at the destruction of the satellite (even if the structure was destroyed), they have however proven absolutely devastating against the Lantean shield, draining the sole (planet-busting capable) ZPM powering the whole city at a very fast rate. McKay estimated that the ZPM would be depleted within days, as less than a week.

This fact supports the theory that these rather low DET weapons are specifically meant to weaken Lantean shields.
                            Would this specific weapon prove useful against shield technologies from other races is unknwon, and their lack of use against the Daedalus would seem to argue that they don't even think it's worth the test.

Comment

perhaps not a new ship but something else that shows that The Ancient truly were a powerful race, perhaps the most powerful race

Comment

i think the ori shps are awesome, but if we had even one of those, we could own everyone.
                                We owned the Ori with our ship, so it means that those ships do not own. Our ships OWN!

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
                                Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
                                The Chevron Team
                                Spoiler:
                                Never make everything Organic!
                                Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
                                :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
                                :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
                                :The drones are heading towards us.
                                :Those drones look familiar...
                                : SQUID?!?
                                We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X