No announcement yet.

A new SGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say. Leave the underground facility concept and move up to the surface with bright colors and lots of windows!

Puddle Jumper lover.

Comment

make an atlantis duplicate . nah. beam tech would be possible. just use it on a different frequency. or make it base only,

Comment

or rings from the celing

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Atlantis is the center of attention for earth now. All the sgc is used for is naquada trinium mining and getting to/from atlantis. Thats why they had their budget cut before the ori.

Theres prolly nothing left to explore in the milky way :-p

Comment

I think many people have been crying out for a new SGC for a few years now, hopefully as SGU is apparently set around Earth we'll see an upgraded SGC with a killer gateroom.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
              I refuse to beleive the asgard core has no info on gates and dhd's in it. The dialling computer shouldn't just be updated it should be entirely replaced. a nice human made, human-designed DHD should do the trick.
              Watch Midway. Takes them about 2 seconds to dial the gate using the midway station's dialling computer. It's EPIC.

If they really wanted to get some awesome gate-related tech from the Asgard core, the method the Asgard use to activate the gate without the 'kawoosh' would be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                I'd say. Leave the underground facility concept and move up to the surface with bright colors and lots of windows!
                and when a bad guy shows up in orbit and starts oribal bombardmant you get incinerated, their underground for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                  Watch Midway. Takes them about 2 seconds to dial the gate using the midway station's dialling computer. It's EPIC.

If they really wanted to get some awesome gate-related tech from the Asgard core, the method the Asgard use to activate the gate without the 'kawoosh' would be incredible.
                  the asgard can activate the gate without the kawoosh?
                  Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                  Anime signature in spoiler tag
                  Spoiler:
                  Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

They need to make a new SGC in orbit, sort of like the midway station but.... alltheway? XD

Seriously with all the bad $#!^ that can come thru the gate being able to easily blow it up or shoot it out of the solar system wuld be a plus. And its not like beaming tech dosent make anywhere on earth a seconds trip away. And you could just move around the starship set walls for new rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                      the asgard can activate the gate without the kawoosh?
                      Yes, as shown in "Small Victories". The Nox can, too.

Also, in "1969", the future Cassandra operates the gate in the same manner.

Comment

I posed this same question almost 3 years ago which had a few good ideas...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11146

I am for a new SGC being located in either

The Moon
                        Antarctica
                        Nevada

but I don't believe that a military base can be located on either the moon or Antarctica due to treaty issues. If that is the case then Nevada is our best bet.
                        If we can then the moon would be ideal because of the remoteness and freedom of development. I guess that the same argument could be made for Antarctica too.

Regardless of location, it should be:

much larger
                        more secure
                        away from large populations
                        LOTS of defensive systems
                        minimum collateral damage in a worst case scenario

On a side note, am I the only one that sees an emerging military force separate from the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines? Multinational and multi planet for that matter (Teal'c, Jonas, Ronin, Teyla)
                        sigpic

Comment

Why not in the middle of the ocean, given the tech. we now have protecting it would't be that hard.

Comment

The idea of a multi national force would be a great idea; wecould see SAS and SBS SG teams. I also think we should have a batallion of Marines or paratroopers who can quickly be deployed through the gate.

SG teams can be used for recon, exploration and diplomatic missions, but if we need to take a planet we can send in a large cohort of troops all equipped with cool weapons.

Comment

how exectly do you intend to use paratroopers from teh gate?

anyways, the moon i best, it's close enough to reach with beaming. yet far enough so if it it bombed or somehting it can't arm Earth. and you can contain any outbreaks easily, one cannot go for a walk on the moon

and please, drop eh x-699, its useless, a demonsraation for the civilian's sakes to keep th stargate program under wraps. though the bunker idea is a good one.

Comment

I wasn't thinking of using paratroopers to jump through the gates with their parachutes; I suggested them as they are elite troops that work in quite large groups. (larger than special forces teams that is)

They would still go through the gate like troops do now; although we could develop a puddle jumper like craft that could: fly through the gate, position itself over the battle field and then let the troops jump out.

Comment

Working...
                                X