This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SGC

I have a question... It seems like the SGC would "outgrow" Cheyenne Mountain at some point. If so, where might it be relocated and how might a complex built specifically for Stargate operations be designed?
    sigpic

Well, they already do have a extentions to the SGC. They have the Alpha site, Area 51, plus a whole bunch of other secret locations that build the fighters and stuff like the Prometheus.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

SO bassically it won't be moved and if it was than it would be for security reasons.
      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

It seems that at some point they will have so much going on in the way of operations that they would need to relocate to a larger facility. I would think that they would build a facility specifically for the SGC and it's unique needs. If so, it would most likely be located underground in a deserted area like Area 51. I would also think that it would have a much larger "Embarcation Room" so that they could move larger equipment through without having to lower it down the silo. I know that with the room the size that it is now, it makes it much more "containable" if there is some sort of attack however in a new facility built for the Stargate, they could build it with adjustable walls so that when necessary, they could open it up to drive Hummers through or move heavy equipment. I would also think that they would have much larger and nicer guest quarters as well as some sort of lockup. Any other ideas?
        sigpic

Comment

Not certain, but I'm under the impressin that ALL of Chyene Mountain is dedicated to the SGC. That may not seem much, but keep in mind that there's close to 30 levels UNDERGROUND - keep in mind that it was buildt to withstand and survive a nuclear war. At 30 levels, you're looking at a complex that's goes at least 300 feet (if not deeper into the ground). Approximately that would be 1/2 the height of the Chrysler building. Apart from that, there's also the financial praticality of its continued use as opposed to building a newer, bigger, better complex. Along with that is the security issue of such a large undertaking. A construction project that would certainly get some attention. (Although most of the world governments are now in on it.)

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth?
          It seems that at some point they will have so much going on in the way of operations that they would need to relocate to a larger facility. I would think that they would build a facility specifically for the SGC and it's unique needs. If so, it would most likely be located underg round in a deserted area like Area 51. I would also think that it would have a much larger "Embarcation Room" so that they could move larger equipment through without having to lower it down the silo. I know that with the room the size that it is now, it makes it much more "containable" if there is some sort of attack however in a new facility built for the Stargate, they could build it with adjustable walls so that when necessary, they could open it up to drive Hummers through or move heavy equipment. I would also think that they would have much larger and nicer guest quarters as well as some sort of lockup. Any other ideas?
          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
            Not certain, but I'm under the impressin that ALL of Chyene Mountain is dedicated to the SGC. That may not seem much, but keep in mind that there's close to 30 levels UNDERGROUND - keep in mind that it was buildt to withstand and survive a nuclear war. At 30 levels, you're looking at a complex that's goes at least 300 feet (if not deeper into the ground). Approximately that would be 1/2 the height of the Chrysler building. Apart from that, there's also the financial praticality of its continued use as opposed to building a newer, bigger, better complex. Along with that is the security issue of such a large undertaking. A construction project that would certainly get some attention. (Although most of the world governments are now in on it.)
            Norad has the first 3-5 floor I believe

Comment

I have a question... It seems like the SGC would "outgrow" Cheyenne Mountain at some point. If so, where might it be relocated and how might a complex built specifically for Stargate operations be designed?
              I cannot think of a better place than inside a moutain. Don't forget that if the SGC is compromised, Episode 314 - Foothold, it is much easier to contain the situation if the only exits are through elevators and well marked air chafts. Besides if the self destruct is engaged it is guaranteed that the stargate will be buried under thousands of tons of ruble and thus effectively end the possibility of an attack through the stargate.
              Last edited by SithMaster; 16 April 2005, 04:35 AM.
              ---------------------------------------
              | Sith Master - Upholding the Dark Side |
              ---------------------------------------

Comment

A New SGC has to be off-world, our current Alpha Site is an excellent place. I assume by the time we need to expand the SGC the Stargate will either be public knowledge, or there are atleast several other nations involved.

I doubt the gate will be accessible by the public even if the stargate was public knowledge and if there are several other nations involved there might be too many diplomatic problems to have an international operation operating under US Control in Canada. It doesn't matter were on Earth the gate would be, there would still be some distrust about nfo-leakage and technology hording.

The solution to this is to have the SGC off-world and therefore limit ANY government from receiving information. When the SGC would send their daily/weekly/monthly report it would imeditely(sp?) be sent to all involved governments.

Having scientists from all over the world work off-world with developing new technology would also increase the overall tech-understanding in all involved nations, and when these scientists return home they could then teach in their country and educate the next generation of off-world scientists.

With several more nations involved the cost of building BC-303's would shrink and there might be a need for additional ship yards. Having the second(and from there on every second) ship yard off-world would be good, since there wouldn't be a need to hide it from 6 billion people The whole industrial area could be covered with missile silos and eventual energy weapons to defend the ship yards. Heck they might even develop a shield that covers the whole thing.

The BC-303's crew would be international and rules and regulations would be adjusted to fit all involved countries.

I have a billion other ideas, but I think this covers the biggest changes a new SGC would need in my eyes.

Comment

We could build the new SGC on the moon after bringing a new stargate to earth.

Comment

Roswell, New Mexico, of course.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by col_oatmeal
                      uh, wouldn't that not work? I mean, the space coordinates would still be the same so only one gate could work at a time. besides, isn't the moon one of those places where you can't put something without international coorperation?

Personally, I think Cheyenne mountain is fine because I doubt they're even using most of it.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

The point of this thread is what if it outgrew the complex. And the stragate on earth would be to get to the one on the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by col_oatmeal
                          They could probably just use rings, and build huge hidden hangers for squadrons of 302's.

Comment

I like the idea of primary Stargate operations being ran from the Alpha site. If that were the case, the Cheyenne Mountain facility could continue to be the terminal for people to get to work then, from the Alpha site, go on their missions. This would eliminate most of the dangers to Earth because most everyone who came through the Earth Stargate would be from the Alpha Site and expected. If there were a foothold type situation, it would most likely not be on Earth.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of primary Stargate operations being ran from the Alpha site. If that were the case, the Cheyenne Mountain facility could continue to be the terminal for people to get to work then, from the Alpha site, go on their missions. This would eliminate most of the dangers to Earth because most everyone who came through the Earth Stargate would be from the Alpha Site and expected. If there were a foothold type situation, it would most likely not be on Earth.
                              That's a good idea.
                              O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                              [Cut to shot of the door]
                              [Cut back to O'Neill]
                              O'NEILL: Any time now.
                              [Cut back to door]

Comment

Working...
                              X