A new SGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
    I wasn't thinking of using paratroopers to jump through the gates with their parachutes; I suggested them as they are elite troops that work in quite large groups. (larger than special forces teams that is)

They would still go through the gate like troops do now; although we could develop a puddle jumper like craft that could: fly through the gate, position itself over the battle field and then let the troops jump out.
    I know, i was jokoing. And yes, an earth jumper is long over due

Comment

I've looked at the ideas and I think thata new SGC should be something like this:

The largest most complicated structure ever created by man. I think it should be underground; under a mountain on a remote Antarctic island. It should incorporate ring transports and Asgard transporters instead of lifts and possess a shield, Asgard beam weapons and an Earth variant of drone weapons for defence.

Naquadah generators should be located throughout the facility and it should also have Tokra shields built in.

I also think that it should allow the forces of Earth to take the offensive through the gate. Weapons to fire through active wormholes and Earth fighters that can be launced through the gate.

The gate room should be multi shielded and the gate computer should be fully upgraded.

The gate itself should get a shield and a neutronium iris and be developed so that it can identify travellers in the buffer and send unfriendlies to a secure off world location. It might also be an idea to rig the gate so that it will only accept travellers from the Alpha site, where all Earth bound gate travellers would have to go first.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
        I've looked at the ideas and I think thata new SGC should be something like this:

The largest most complicated structure ever created by man. I think it should be underground; under a mountain on a remote Antarctic island. It should incorporate ring transports and Asgard transporters instead of lifts and possess a shield, Asgard beam weapons and an Earth variant of drone weapons for defence.

Naquadah generators should be located throughout the facility and it should also have Tokra shields built in.

I also think that it should allow the forces of Earth to take the offensive through the gate. Weapons to fire through active wormholes and Earth fighters that can be launced through the gate.

The gate room should be multi shielded and the gate computer should be fully upgraded.

The gate itself should get a shield and a neutronium iris and be developed so that it can identify travellers in the buffer and send unfriendlies to a secure off world location. It might also be an idea to rig the gate so that it will only accept travellers from the Alpha site, where all Earth bound gate travellers would have to go first.
        And a pony!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          And a pony!
          After spending all the money on a new SGC the SG teams will have to ditch the FREDS they have been using to Ponies for carrying stuff.

Malps will be camcorders with a transmitter mounted on top of an RC car.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
            After spending all the money on a new SGC the SG teams will have to ditch the FREDS they have been using to Ponies for carrying stuff.
            Rocket is not a pack mule!

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
            Malps will be camcorders with a transmitter mounted on top of an RC car.
            That actually isn't a bad idea, though mainly if you know the conditions are favorable for habitation but you think there may be hostiles near the gate.

Comment

Working...
            X