No announcement yet.

A new SGC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a few modications to the control room the SGC should duplicate Atlantis control tower for the gate room, and jumper/fighter bay. The layout is diplomatic but also easily set up for full combat operations.

As for the rest either a tower, or even just an underground bunker works very well.

Comment

space station!!! also make it cloaked or out of phase
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

I think that now the SGC is for all intents and purposes under IOA control they could move it to Antarctica. even if an enemy manged to get through, even if they managed to get out of the base they'd be stuck on an isolated continent in -0 temperatures. Plus not too mention that constructing a new base would allow all things like ground based versions of all the tech we have on the ships allowing for a properly advanced base of operations, as it is the SGC is severely lacking in the cool tech dept.

I'm not sure on a design though. As long as it isn't a concrete maze anymore, but i don't want it to look like the ships/midway either, should they make one at all of course.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
          I think that now the SGC is for all intents and purposes under IOA control they could move it to Antarctica. even if an enemy manged to get through, even if they managed to get out of the base they'd be stuck on an isolated continent in -0 temperatures. Plus not too mention that constructing a new base would allow all things like ground based versions of all the tech we have on the ships allowing for a properly advanced base of operations, as it is the SGC is severely lacking in the cool tech dept.
          if they had a space station any enemies on board would have to go through space to get to earth, and we have beaming tech, out of phase tech, cloak tech and the base could be a weapons platform.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Antartica would be a good choice as the ancient platform is there. quick access to that i a good idea even if they are separated by 20 or 30 miles above ground, a distance easily covered by jumpers, but in the winter is a very long walk in the snow.

Random aliens getting loose would also be stuck. I wonder if one can bounce ring transmissions? So you ring up to a small space station and then ring back down again to the antarctic base. that would allow small transfer bases in most IOA member countries.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
              Antartica would be a good choice as the ancient platform is there. quick access to that i a good idea even if they are separated by 20 or 30 miles above ground, a distance easily covered by jumpers, but in the winter is a very long walk in the snow.

Random aliens getting loose would also be stuck. I wonder if one can bounce ring transmissions? So you ring up to a small space station and then ring back down again to the antarctic base. that would allow small transfer bases in most IOA member countries.
              I like that! everything interesting would happen down in the outpost with crew and personelle up in the bubble dome for the living area.

Comment

I like the idea of placing a new SGC on or near Antartica, how about in one of the volcanic islands surrounding the continent? This would make use of my idea of powering the base with geothermal power. If they did this they could theoretically power the gate up enough to dial another galaxy. (The geothermal station on Atlantis's original planet in the Pegasus galaxy provided enough power to help Atlantis take off.) If they don't want to build one from scratch they could just salvage bits from the Ancient's drilling platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                  I like the idea of placing a new SGC on or near Antartica, how about in one of the volcanic islands surrounding the continent? This would make use of my idea of powering the base with geothermal power. If they did this they could theoretically power the gate up enough to dial another galaxy. (The geothermal station on Atlantis's original planet in the Pegasus galaxy provided enough power to help Atlantis take off.) If they don't want to build one from scratch they could just salvage bits from the Ancient's drilling platform.
                  A Crow's Nest tipe structule like the one in Halo would do the job nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    I like that! everything interesting would happen down in the outpost with crew and personelle up in the bubble dome for the living area.
                    Are you kidding? Watch the beginning of Rising again. That 'outpost' is actually a tower from the central hub of Atlantis. What they showed in Rising should have only been a single floor that had been excavated.

It's one of my SG peeves actually. The writers invent this really cool place on Earth and revisit it twice? They already have sets standing (Atlantis), so they could definitely do a story of some kind there.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Ive always thought that if it was still secret have a SGC built under the ocean. Its secure - rings to get down to it.
                      Its relatively safe - in event of foothold it can be flooded then possibly nuked (a flooded comlex under the ocean wont have much collateral damage)
                      Its out of the hands of the US - no offense to the US but it should be equally controlled - like atlantis is.

Comment

or an orbital sgc. but anyway wherever we place it, ill say some mandatory things that will please many:

gateroom: big room. about as big as the midway gateroom. has two shields: one in a 10m radius around the gate, one along the floor, ceiling, and walls of the gateroom. also oneway. the gate has an iris and a gateshield. automatic protocols close the iris and activate the shield at an incoming wormhole. if the IDC is given, then they drop, and the shield around the gate activates. automated turrets with their own powersource, and shield, along with 2 x-699 barrels, and 1 railgun barrel, aim at the gate. id say around 6. 4 on the floor, 2 on the ceiling. retractable. turrets can stun, kill, or use the railgun[think replicaters]. beaming technology is installed, so any threat could be directly beamed to space.[or beamed into a buffer, and be released elsewhere]. it has 3 ring stations, but much larger than the original. around 10m diametre. each can go to a total of 3 surface stations, wich have a tokra shield around them. same turrets. the new sgc has a large empty space for additionals[materials, equipment, a sg team ready to embark] next to the gateroom. it has explosion prohibitors like the beliskner, and tacs[those sperical devices as seen in 2010] but then they stun. it has internal sensors[cameras only sucks anyways. still has cameras though], internal shields, and a main and an auxillary control room. this sgc can be shielded. the oddy's computer core is placed here aswell. heavily guarded. sgc personell is equipped with new guns, wich have a railgun and a x-699 barrel, around the size of a p90. manual iris closing devices are placed inside the gateroom, control room, and auxillary control room.

Comment

We could also update the gate by plugging it in to a more advanced computer.

The purpose of this would be to delay a traveller in the gates buffer so that we could see who they are and allow them to materialise if they're friendly or divert them to the Alpha site if they look a bit suspicious.

The reasons that I think we would be able to do this are that we have access to a DHD (from Antartica) and another DHD control crystal (taken out of the Russian DHD before it exploded). We have also seen Anubis do something similar on the planet where he created his clone.

We could also build an iris out of neutronium harvested from the remains of the planets that have exploded recently.

Comment

I refuse to beleive the asgard core has no info on gates and dhd's in it. The dialling computer shouldn't just be updated it should be entirely replaced. a nice human made, human-designed DHD should do the trick.

With all the tech and off one of the ships in the base it would allow for things such as beaming in and out of the gate room, that way it could be a sealed room like the one from the fifth race which just had the gate, DHD and head sucker. That way you don't have to even worry about them getting out of the base, with nothing but automated weapons pointed at them there's no chance in hell an enemy could get out of there alive.

Comment

what i refuse to believe is that the asgard never made their own gate. the nox could. they just gave the scematics to the tollans, supplied a few critical componets, and the tollans did the rest. a new sgc up to date, with x-699 weapons p90 size, handheld plasma weapons, automated cannons, segment shielding, gate shields, x-699 cannnons and railguns aimed at the gate, perhaps a few hundred drones to launch through the gate.... this sgc is ****ed up and old. it was never made for its purpose

Comment

yes it is outdated. teh problem with having a beaming device inside the base is thst you can't kep jammin gfield up at the same tim, thus makign the base vulnerable to beam-based incurions.

Comment

Working...
                                X