No announcement yet.

Earthean ships.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the matter to create the explosion is already contained inside of the bomb. If what you say is true, (Although I don't really understand that, so I'm skeptical) then they've still made nuke explosiong in space anyways.
    The Stargate staff sing the little known lyrics to the stargate theme.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CqDE8kocoTI

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicdahedgie View Post
      Well, the matter to create the explosion is already contained inside of the bomb. If what you say is true, (Although I don't really understand that, so I'm skeptical) then they've still made nuke explosiong in space anyways.
      if a nuke is detonated in the atmosphere a lot of its energy is turned into a shock wave that would pass through the air (mater) with a lot of kinetic energy. this would create tremendous pressure on what ever it hits. in space most of the energy is wasted cos there is not a shock wave of mater only parts of the nuke (very little mater) and radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
        actually the 304 was caperable of takin out a hatak vessel or badly damaging it!! and the 303 was used in the antartica not the 304!!! the 303 did however destroy some cargo ships!!! also seeing as the 304 were caperable of takin out wraith ships, which are way more advanced, then it stands to reason that they would be able to take out a hatak ship! another reason we havent seen the 304 destroy any hatak vessels is cause when the 304 came out the goa'uld had been already defeated!!!
        The 303 and 304 are horrible ships against a ha'tak. They don't have energy weapons or kinetic weapons with high enough energy to even slighty damage the shields of a ha'tak

So nope before the unending upgrades out ships sucked other then hypder dirves and shields (which were asgard)
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Thank you, Fugiman. That's my point. Out ships sucked until asgard intervention. Sure, they can take out a hatak easily NOW, but before that they ran away from everything.

Comment

About the beaming tech, this kinda bothers me.
            Once the wraith blocked the nukes from coming inside the hives, why couldn't a 304 just beam a nuke right outside the hive, BOOM?
            Well 2 reasons.

One they never stated exactly how the jamming code disrupted the beaming technology. It could be that the code disrupts beaming around as well as inside a ship.

Two the reason why they beam on the inside of a ship is that they were targeting the dart bays to increase the chances of secondary explosions and the outer hulls are probably armored so they could be more resistant to explosions.

Comment

GOOD [censored] GRIEF! I have to say this every time we get into a debate about how strong 304s pre-unending are.

In the Ba'al-steals-'Gates-episode of SG-1, Odyssey sends a relatively short wide spread burst of railguns toward several Lucian Ha'taks, and reported that the Ha'taks had sustained minor DAMAGE not minor shield stregnth reduction, but actual, through-the-shields DAMAGE! The ships are not weaklings, do you honestly think Prometheus could have stood the Battle over Antarctica if it was a little weakling thing? and the 304s are a generation ahead of Prometheus!
              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
              Zatnikitelman

Comment

When the Railgun rounds fire the friction causes them to superheat to near plasma levels...similar to sabot rounds that have 6000 degree F* Magnesium Burn...so i'm thinking that tens of thousands of small plasma bolts will drain Hatak Shields. Hell in one episode glider and Alkesh blasts were damaging Hatak Shields...

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
                  When the Railgun rounds fire the friction causes them to superheat to near plasma levels...similar to sabot rounds that have 6000 degree F* Magnesium Burn...so i'm thinking that tens of thousands of small plasma bolts will drain Hatak Shields. Hell in one episode glider and Alkesh blasts were damaging Hatak Shields...
                  No offense meant but what friction in space would cause the rail-gun rounds to superheat? To my knowledge there isn't a whole lot of friction in outer space, in an atmosphere you would be absolutely correct though.

As far as I know we can fire the rounds out of the rail-guns at a fair clip and if it is anywhere near what they estimated the Prometheus's top attainable speed at, they could be classified s Relativistic Kill Weapons... I think.

But I really am not that knowledgeable on any subject so this is mainly conjecture with an overdose of trivia.

~Froggy

P.S. If there are any problems with my logic you can take it up with it when it comes back.

P.P.S. As a side note I really hate the terms 'Earthling,' 'Earthean,' and 'Earthian.' They seem to be made to make us seem like the new kids on the block, which carries over into nearly every Sci-Fi series ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                    GOOD [censored] GRIEF! I have to say this every time we get into a debate about how strong 304s pre-unending are.

In the Ba'al-steals-'Gates-episode of SG-1, Odyssey sends a relatively short wide spread burst of railguns toward several Lucian Ha'taks, and reported that the Ha'taks had sustained minor DAMAGE not minor shield stregnth reduction, but actual, through-the-shields DAMAGE! The ships are not weaklings, do you honestly think Prometheus could have stood the Battle over Antarctica if it was a little weakling thing? and the 304s are a generation ahead of Prometheus!
                    The lucian alliance ships didn't even seem phased by our rail guns at all. They were focusing all weapons on Ba'al's ha'tak and not our ship why because we were not even effecting them. Goa'uld shields are superior to our rail guns face it they have never weakend a ha'tak ever.

If you still don't believe me then show me one example, explosion, or anything where our rail guns actually brought the shields down or damaged a ha'tak in any way or form? Also that quote just backs up what I am saying, even with our rail guns we can't deliver the kind of firepower that a ha'tak can.
                    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    So whats the worst that could happen?
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

If nukes can't get past Goa'uld shields then I don't see what a puny railgun is going to do. Might as well take on a tank with a watergun for all the good it will do.
                      sigpic

Comment

no, the friction within the rails of the firing chamber, thats what stopping them from working in realworld scenarios the round would melt the rails....

Comment

erm the 304 damaged a wraith ship buy shootin its rail guns at the dart bay, causeing explosions however at the same time there main power was knocked out so the couldnt finish the job, but it shows that the 304 is caperable of destroyin a wraith ship with out nukes!!!

As for nukes in space, no one can know 4 sure seeing as no one has tried to, however seeing as nukes inplode and send out a force so strong that it would force its way through, so i think it would b possible however its just an opinion!!

Comment

What's the point of this thread? I mean it's common knowledge that Earth science is nowhere near the level of interstellar travel without Asgard help.

Comment

[QUOTE=fugiman;7530829]The lucian alliance ships didn't even seem phased by our rail guns at all. They were focusing all weapons on Ba'al's ha'tak and not our ship why because we were not even effecting them. Goa'uld shields are superior to our rail guns face it they have never weakend a ha'tak ever.

QUOTE]

i dont know why do you think the lucian alliance were all shoked when that guy stole the odyssey the seemed to think it was a good ship thats why they wanted it so much

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

1: We didn't fire at the lucian alliance ships while they shot at Ba'al

2: Natan sent those people to get the Odyssey because he thought it was a suicide mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X