Earth wraith attack fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
    That is a cool pic thekillman, but can you not shrink the image as it stretches the page?

Wouldn't a Baliskner be a weaker ship than a 304 with Asgard Plasma Beam weapons?
    Obviously it would be weaker. A beliskner can't handle a couple of upgraded Ha'taks an upgraded 304 could probably own several. I think an upgraded 304 would defeat an O'neill too tbh, it just needs to get the first few shots in the shields would fail in no time.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

just update the Beliskner. perhaps giva an un updated beliskner to the rebel asgard.

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
        Obviously it would be weaker. A beliskner can't handle a couple of upgraded Ha'taks an upgraded 304 could probably own several. I think an upgraded 304 would defeat an O'neill too tbh, it just needs to get the first few shots in the shields would fail in no time.
        I agree with the Baliskner thing.
        Wasn't their a thread about an upgraded 304 Vs an O'Neill a little while ago in with the Science Threads?

IMO the O'Neill may clinch it in a straight fight, but that's just me, if the 304 hits first then yeah it'd probably win unless the Asgard have got beams too.

Originally posted by locutes View Post
        just update the Beliskner. perhaps giva an un updated beliskner to the rebel asgard.
        Giving the Rebel Asgard anything more than a Trojan horse would be a bad idea as I doubt they would trust us after we destroyed their plans.

TBH Earth should make it's own designs, I love the Baliskner but that belongs to the Asgard as does the O'Neill and Daniel Jackson.
        Maybe we could use the Naqueda, Trinium, Carbon alloy for a stronger hull, round off the 304's design a bit, add in a few upgraded power generators, some extra shield emitters, better hyperdrives then we'd have a proper warship.

Some remote controllable, unmanned ships would be a good idea, then we could sit back and kill Hives from a distance.

Capturing a few Hives would also be a good idea, then we could add a whole bunch of extra generators to grow EATG Hive style armor on them, maybe make an interface so that any authorized Earth personnel can control them.

Comment

If we would capture a Hive, we could retrofit it with our tech. And if we find a way to make one pilot control more then one fighter at any given time, lets say one pilot flies a 302, but by remote control (neural interface) flies a few darts too. IF taken a Hive we'll have darts to spare lolz!

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

If we would capture a Hive, we could retrofit it with our tech. And if we find a way to make one pilot control more then one fighter at any given time, lets say one pilot flies a 302, but by remote control (neural interface) flies a few darts too. IF taken a Hive we'll have darts to spare lolz!
            Tying a bunch of Naqueda generators into various points along a Hive's hull would probably cause it to grow much thicker armor.
            What about adding some independently powered Asgard beam weapons?
            Having 3 or 4 arrays on each side, maybe a few on the back end and one or two on the top and bottom would make for an immensely powerful, mobile fortress.
            If you've got thicker armor you don't really need shields, but that thing is gonna be a lot heavier than a standard one and take a lot more power to move, adding extra generators and tying them directly into the ship's grid would probably increase the Hive's overall abilities no end at least in line with the Super Hive in EATG only not so powerful as that thing.
            Shielding the Dart bays for when the doors open would also be a good idea to prevent Darts from flying inside too easily.
            If Earth develops shielded nukes that Hive could carry hundreds if not thousands of them and kill Hives all day long.

As for making it possible to control multiple Darts at once, forget the Neural interface stuff and just make a decent console, like a games console type control only more sophisticated, use a subspace link to prevent jamming and then you could have a hub made solely for this purpose at any place on the Hive that's spare and deep inside the ship for protection.
            That thing would rule all IMO.

Comment

How about this ship for fighting the Wraith?

Smack a shield generator on it, a couple dozen asgard plasma beams for safe measure, and you ve got a ship which can eat Wraith Hives for breakfast (along with any other stargate ship known lol)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ianjones1246 View Post
                How about this ship for fighting the Wraith?

Smack a shield generator on it, a couple dozen asgard plasma beams for safe measure, and you ve got a ship which can eat Wraith Hives for breakfast (along with any other stargate ship known lol)

Spoiler:
                I think I prefer the Hive plan.
                If you wanted to you could probably fit hundreds of beam arrays on one and you wouldn't need shields as extra power generators would cause the hull armor to massively increase in size and strength.
                One of those would probably eat up a Siege level Wraith fleet in seconds IMO.

Comment

But building a Battlestar is a good idea, the design has proven its self.

Update it with our tech and it will be even better.

But the Hive Idea is better, a stolen Hive could also be a replacement base in Pegasus or even one in the Milkyway, just give the ship Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

But building a Battlestar is a good idea, the design has proven its self.

Update it with our tech and it will be even better.
                    I just don't think BSG materials would be as strong as SG ones and Galactica is very slow moving at sub-light speeds compared to Odyssey and co.
                    Galactica may be quite a lot bigger than a 304, so would probably take ages to build, if we can't just find something like that lying around, waiting to be taken IMO it wouldn't be worth the resources to build that behemoth, in the the time it takes to do that we could probably build dozens of 304s.
                    If I'm wrong about Galactica being that much larger than a 304 please feel free to correct me, but it seems to be.
                    But the Hive Idea is better, a stolen Hive could also be a replacement base in Pegasus or even one in the Milkyway, just give the ship Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrive
                    We could steal some Pathogen, get Todd to teach us how to alter it's programming and maybe improve it so it's not vulnerable to subspace radiation, although stealing completed Hives or even Cruisers would come in useful too.
                    I guess the only problem with growing our Hives is finding an ethical base to start with, it's not like we'd condone using people or even people who are a menace to the population just so we could build another ship, perhaps an artificial host could be made as biology can be mixed with tech, so they may be a way around that issue.

As for the hyperdrives with a slight tweaking and reprogramming a Hive can become intergalactic capable, adding power directly to the ship seems to make this possible too with enough energy and maybe you could add enough to make it possible to heal on the way, while in hyperspace, then no pits stops would be needed.

Comment

The problem with Wraith hyperdrives is that they are Wraith designed but also designed for interstellar travel, Asgard ones are designed for Intergalactic travel.

And Asgard technology is more familiar to us which would make it easier to fix if it needs fixing.

As for an artificial host, we could clone a human. And if we then grow a ship I doubt ALL tech is growable so, we need to make things for the ship, and because we UNDERSTAND asgard stuff really well, compared to Wraith stuf we could better use that technology.

But to be honest a Hive is a massive ship that needs a large crew to operate it, there alone Asgard tech comes in handy for O'neills are crewed by only a handful of crewman.
                      Getting a Cruiser is probably a better choice.

As for the Battlestar idea, it still is a good one in theory. It just seems hard to implement.
                      As for a Battlestar being larger then a 304, YEA... But which one, the Galactica or the Pegasus?
                      The Pegasus is even LARGER then the Gallactica. So yea they are impractical to build, but then so are Hives, because of their size.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

The problem with Wraith hyperdrives is that they are Wraith designed but also designed for interstellar travel, Asgard ones are designed for Intergalactic travel.
                        Wraith hyperdrives and tech in general seems more upgradable, if you can just make a Wraith hyperdrive in to an intergalactic one by adding some extra power then it's a lot easier than pulling out an old component and fitting a new one, even though that new one may be a bit better.
                        Maybe a few extra Asgard drives could be installed to make the ship travel even faster.
                        And Asgard technology is more familiar to us which would make it easier to fix if it needs fixing.
                        It is true that Asgard stuff is more familiar, but I think the Wraith's stuff can just regenerate and they can't be that different from the stuff we use.
                        As for an artificial host, we could clone a human. And if we then grow a ship I doubt ALL tech is growable so, we need to make things for the ship, and because we UNDERSTAND asgard stuff really well, compared to Wraith stuf we could better use that technology.
                        I think cloning is a bit too unethical for Humans, unless you can make a host that's not sentient in the slightest.
                        Using a computer, maybe with some nanotech we could just use dead tech as the host.
                        Of course some Asgard stuff built in wouldn't go a miss and if you're building a Hive or Cruisers from scratch you could make some auto repair tech for Asgard stuff too work in line with the easy repair, regenerating abilities of Wraith stuff.
                        But to be honest a Hive is a massive ship that needs a large crew to operate it, there alone Asgard tech comes in handy for O'neills are crewed by only a handful of crewman.
                        Getting a Cruiser is probably a better choice.
                        Hives can be operated (if you're Teyla or a Wraith) by just a few people, if you could build an interface and some internal repair function for the Asgard tech then you'd be sorted, just keep a team or two of engineers to repair the ships stuff if it's needed.
                        As for the Battlestar idea, it still is a good one in theory. It just seems hard to implement.
                        As for a Battlestar being larger then a 304, YEA... But which one, the Galactica or the Pegasus?
                        The Pegasus is even LARGER then the Gallactica. So yea they are impractical to build, but then so are Hives, because of their size.
                        Maybe we could build something Galactica or Pegasus sized when we're as old as the Asgard were, although it'd still be a better use of resources to make a load of smaller ships, then you can swarm enemy vessels with overwhelming numbers and power of you're fleet.

Hives may be large, but the nature of how easily they are grown makes them much less impractical than you'd think, with a bunch of generators I think I Hive could built in a matter of weeks (the hull), then you just need to install the other components to finish each one off.
                        Using the Pathogen Earth could probably build dozens of Hives before a single 304 gets built with the standard infrastructure.

Comment

though a large ship will need more crew than a small one, a big ship is also far easier to infiltrate, as seen in the series.

If growing Hives, keep them to a minimum, we simply cannot spare personnel, they would however be great movable bases.

And how are we going to generate the power to grow those Hives, they will need MASSIVE amounts of power, if we use Naquadah, we need to mine it, if we use the NIGs we need that fuel. So it will be costly. As it is with all ships though.

And making mindless clones, the asgard can do it, so we can now to, if we simply follow their guidelines. Just use a cloned asgard body.

We should actually stop meddling with things we cant handle. Let the humans we care about in Pegasus go to the Milkyway set up defences, using orbital satellites and such. After a good defence is build then go and take on the wraith and all other races we encounter that are hostile.

I dont agree with the "We are Americans" attitude which is really obvious in the series. First get our own freaking problems figured out and fixed then start "helping" others. as we say in dutch, Van de wal in de sloot helpen." Which means we help them which turns out NOT to be the best thing.

We saved the Jaffa from the Goa'uld, but now they are up at each others throats and search for a new faith, which led them to the ori, or atleast large portions of the Jaffa.

So in this case we actually should build defences nd once the infrastructure is done and the defences are up and running, then we should go on the offensive.

Also if we want to take out the wraith, the best thing is to get rid of their food, which is us by the way. Get asmuch humans out of pegasus to the milkyway (lots of uninhabited planets out there) and the wraith will fall, because there is no food. They'll starve. The infrastructure for that is already in place, the GATE network.

If that is used by the wraith as an even better reason to come to the milkyway, then there are LOTS of advanced races here, we have ships and allies. The Jaffa would help us, the Hebrideans and others would TOO. Let them starve and come to us and we'll own them. With all of the Jaffa fleet, our fleet (lolz), our other allies fleets we would have more then enough ships to take out the wraith, plus we'd have defences like satellites plus ship building facilities close so ships can be mass produced to go in and fight.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

though a large ship will need more crew than a small one, a big ship is also far easier to infiltrate, as seen in the series.
                            Like I said before a large vessel doesn't necessarily need a large group of people to manage and protect it.
                            Earth could easily build some automated devices to maintain any components that can't regenerate themselves like biological Wraith technology.
                            Internal force fields, stun weapons and probably a whole host of other things could be used to prevent intruders from infiltration.
                            What about Asgard transporters, those have multiple uses, matter converters and nano technology could also be used for repairs, maintenance and even defense.
                            If growing Hives, keep them to a minimum, we simply cannot spare personnel, they would however be great movable bases.
                            Like I've said we don't have to man these ships with masses of people, the basic Wraith tech can pretty much maintain itself, components like hyperdrive engines and weapon systems are just a few things that may need some Human ingenuity to come up with tech solutions for maintenance, general repairs and upgrades.
                            And how are we going to generate the power to grow those Hives, they will need MASSIVE amounts of power, if we use Naquadah, we need to mine it, if we use the NIGs we need that fuel. So it will be costly. As it is with all ships though.
                            Since we haven't been told on the show what powers Hives, or Earth vessels for that matter the fuel could be anything, even Deuterium for some sort of Fusion power source, which is contained in water and that appears to be abundant in the SG universe, just beam it up to the ship and use the transporters to refine it if needed.
                            The energy source for Wraith ships could even be Subspace Energy, perhaps the Wraith have their own Subspace Taps or something.
                            And making mindless clones, the asgard can do it, so we can now to, if we simply follow their guidelines. Just use a cloned asgard body.
                            While I do agree mindless Asgard clones could be a potential solution, it's still a little unethical, well as much as cloning people is to most people in the modern world.
                            If I recall correctly from watching The Seed a host, like a Human is only needed to coordinate the ships functions, which could be done by an Asgard computer core.
                            The Asgard could store their minds in computers, so they must have the processing power to deal with the number crunching that would be needed to grow and maintain a Hive, maybe a core would be able to optimize the ship's functions to get better results out of them and make them more efficient.
                            We should actually stop meddling with things we cant handle. Let the humans we care about in Pegasus go to the Milkyway set up defences, using orbital satellites and such. After a good defence is build then go and take on the wraith and all other races we encounter that are hostile.
                            Why do we actually have the right to kill off the Wraith?
                            Defend the Humans by all means, but there may be other solutions to them feeding off of Humans, maybe we could create another food source for them and give them the formula (which Ouroboros suggested in the who could build the best ship thread) for it, then we could eventually become allies and help each other out when needed, we'd effectively be saving them from starvation.
                            Build some defenses just in case they decided to double cross us, maybe move some Humans if they want to leave, like the Travelers, building some uber quick and tough transports would be a good idea IMO, but I don't think we have the right to commit genocide on the Wraith.
                            I dont agree with the "We are Americans" attitude which is really obvious in the series. First get our own freaking problems figured out and fixed then start "helping" others. as we say in dutch, Van de wal in de sloot helpen." Which means we help them which turns out NOT to be the best thing.
                            Now after Disclosure (season 6 of SG1) happened the Stargate belongs to the world, so I agree we need to deal with our issues at home first, then deal with outside things, but in Stargate they have no option but to sort out those problems now.
                            We woke the Wraith early (the Atlantis team did, who were acting on our behalf exploring for Humanity), we have to deal with the consequences even if that was unintentional.
                            We saved the Jaffa from the Goa'uld, but now they are up at each others throats and search for a new faith, which led them to the ori, or atleast large portions of the Jaffa.
                            Very good point.
                            So in this case we actually should build defences nd once the infrastructure is done and the defences are up and running, then we should go on the offensive.
                            With a good foundation then we as a race can be strong and actually make a real difference, hopefully for the good of everyone and not just mankind.
                            If we have to fight then we need to be able to do it as well as possible. :Cool:
                            Also if we want to take out the wraith, the best thing is to get rid of their food, which is us by the way. Get asmuch humans out of pegasus to the milkyway (lots of uninhabited planets out there) and the wraith will fall, because there is no food. They'll starve. The infrastructure for that is already in place, the GATE network.
                            Maybe we can find another solution like Ouroboros said find another food for the Wraith, then we may not have to fight them all and kill them off as a race when we're prepared.
                            If we were to kick the race into touch and then offer them another solution to the issue of them feeding many of them would probably be willing to consider it and some take us up on our offer.
                            If that is used by the wraith as an even better reason to come to the milkyway, then there are LOTS of advanced races here, we have ships and allies. The Jaffa would help us, the Hebrideans and others would TOO. Let them starve and come to us and we'll own them. With all of the Jaffa fleet, our fleet (lolz), our other allies fleets we would have more then enough ships to take out the wraith, plus we'd have defences like satellites plus ship building facilities close so ships can be mass produced to go in and fight.
                            We're about the only race that could eventually challenge the Wraith, the Jaffa may not know how to build more ships, but I guess they do have a larger fleet than Earth's, just not as powerful ships as us.
                            BTW I think the Hebridans were killed off by the Ori when they refused to worship them.

The point is we don have a lot of options, some that the Ancients could have used too, but they were under a lot of pressure with actually living in the Pegasus galaxy, of course with prep we can get a decent fleet eventually and we do have allies.
                            This thread is about Our fleet to be used to attack the Wraith so a combo of souped up 304s, built into a proper warship and captured but souped up Hives would help us to bolster our numbers quickly, take a few hundred people from each countries military or Air Force, some people thbat want an adventure, but are smart, tough and willing to work hard, train them to work on space ships, maybe some civilian engineers and a whole host of scientists and we could man and prepare any fleet we could build or get our hands on, reveal the Stargate program to the world and more would love to work in space too.

Comment

For that thing about the Pegasus, if it had Asgard shields it could dominate a Hive without any additional weapons. It would be able to withstand fire for like 5 minutes from what we've seen, and in that time it could chew a hole right through the Dart's armour in no time, not to mention launch a barrage of nukes from itself or from it's what... 120 Vipers?

Building a BSG style ship would be far easier then the designs they have on Stargate. The Galactica and Pegasus look like they were meant to kick ass, not a toilet or a pyramid flying around lol.

I'm partial to BSG ships, but that's only because they actually thought about designing the ships militarily and have well-thought designs. In SG they went for the wow factor in making weird ships that look like abstract art with guns strapped to it. I know that the Base Stars are kind of like this, but Base Stars look pure evil and they are awesome designs lol.

Comment

with that I agree.

With all the automated things on-board a ship like you suggest, the ship will still be easy to infiltrate. Also it would make the ship HACK ready, Cylon style.

Also why would Mindless clones be unethical? It is the best solution, it infact is not more then a shell, it is not even CLOSE to an animal (mentally), and definitely not a human

And why we have the right to kill off the Wraith, that's easy, they are our enemy, our NATURAL enemy, also if we follow my plan of evacuation, the Wraith will HAVE TO consider an alternate food supply. Other whise they'll get extinct.
                                They were also the first to attack us. We have the right to defend ourselves, which made them our enemy, and given the Wraiths attitude, they will not stop being our enemy, so even if we kill off their ships, they'll grow new ones, so they stay our enemy. All they need to rebuild their fleet and soldiers is power and a queen. The threat will still be there, even if we kill their ships in time and in time again, thus the only solution to get rid of their evil is total annihilation. Or conversion, which is the least likely thing to happen. (OK OK but Todd is different, he is smart moth Wraith are not)

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X