This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    We gave the wraith shields in the first fleet but they didnt own everything..
    That's because they had to be beatable...if were realistic they would have crushed us.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      That's because they had to be beatable...if were realistic they would have crushed us.
      Lets keep the fleet out of this debate shall we
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        Lets keep the fleet out of this debate shall we
        Immhotep started it lol.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I actually retract my statement about the ha'taks hull being really fragile. Even though still not upto stargate standard Ba'als ha'tak in 'Off the Grid' took a beating when it's shields were down without completely blowing up.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
            I actually retract my statement about the ha'taks hull being really fragile. Even though still not upto stargate standard Ba'als ha'tak in 'Off the Grid' took a beating when it's shields were down without completely blowing up.
            Yeah I observed at least 8 direct hits I believe. Although initially the Lucian alliance weren't trying to destroy Baal's ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              Yeah I observed at least 8 direct hits I believe. Although initially the Lucian alliance weren't trying to destroy Baal's ship.
              yeah they could've been strategic shots but the fact the hull could take those hits was quite impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                yeah they could've been strategic shots but the fact the hull could take those hits was quite impressive.
                It also depends on whether they were firing on max power although seeing as there was difference between the shots when they wanted to destroy the ship and didn't I'd say they were the same. But they were definitely strategic shots, Netan said as much.

Comment

There is only one way for the Aurora vessal to win and that is if they detonate a tainted ZPM, that would destory any Ha'tak vessal in range, but then you could call it a draw.

Comment

Can't you comprehend that the Wraith beat the Ancients with mass numbers so why would the Goa'uld not be able to do the same thing?
                    Maybe because the Wraith are tougher than the Goa'uld and also because their numerical superiority over the Ancients was far greater than the numerical superiority that the Goa'uld would have over the Ancients if they fought at their peaks?
                    Last edited by NoobTau'ri; 08 October 2007, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                      Maybe because the Wraith are tougher than the Goa'uld and also because their numerical superiority over the Ancients was far greater than the numerical superiority that the Goa'uld would have over the Ancients if they fought at their peaks?
                      This thread is not about the Ancients at their peak vs the System Lords at their peak so don't start that just because you lost the argument of 1 Aurora-Class Ship vs the System Lords Combinded fleets
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

This thread is not about the Ancients at their peak vs the System Lords at their peak so don't start that just because you lost the argument of 1 Aurora-Class Ship vs the System Lords Combinded fleets
                        Who said I lost anything? I still maintain that a single Aurora would pawn all of the System Lords fleat, and I don~t relaly care about who agree with me or not. We can never know for sure because this scenario will never happen, so none of us can prove the other wrong.

Comment

If a single Aurora-class was able to easily decimate the entire combined Goa'uld armada, then the Alterans should've been able to win the war against the Wraith 10,000 years ago with minimal hassle.

The Goa'uld had at least several thousand Ha'taks even during the events of 'Reckoning' when their forces had taken quite a pounding due to all the infighting and such, and I personally reckon that half-dozen to a dozen Ha'taks could defeat a Hive-ship.

What's more, we know that the Alterans abandoned the Pegasus Galaxy even though the Wraith were down to their last 60+ or so (at least from what's been revealed thus far) Hives and despite the fact that the Alterans themselves still had at least a couple of operational Aurora-class vessels. If the Alterans decided that a single Aurora-class ship (they might've had even more in reserve) couldn't face up against 60 or so Hives (and not necessarily all at once), there's no way in hell that it could go up against several thousand Ha'taks at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                            If a single Aurora-class was able to easily decimate the entire combined Goa'uld armada, then the Alterans should've been able to win the war against the Wraith 10,000 years ago with minimal hassle.

The Goa'uld had at least several thousand Ha'taks even during the events of 'Reckoning' when their forces had taken quite a pounding due to all the infighting and such, and I personally reckon that half-dozen to a dozen Ha'taks could defeat a Hive-ship.

What's more, we know that the Alterans abandoned the Pegasus Galaxy even though the Wraith were down to their last 60+ or so (at least from what's been revealed thus far) Hives and despite the fact that the Alterans themselves still had at least a couple of operational Aurora-class vessels. If the Alterans decided that a single Aurora-class ship (they might've had even more in reserve) couldn't face up against 60 or so Hives (and not necessarily all at once), there's no way in hell that it could go up against several thousand Ha'taks at the same time.
                            1. At most, it's been determined that the "Reckoning" battle only had a few hundred ha'tak, if that. They didn't have thousands, as you say.

2. There were 60 (going by McKay's estimate only) hive ships in Pegasus at the time the Expedition arrived. For all we know, there could've been hundreds more before, but they had been destroyed by Wraith infighting.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              1. At most, it's been determined that the "Reckoning" battle only had a few hundred ha'tak, if that. They didn't have thousands, as you say.

2. There were 60 (going by McKay's estimate only) hive ships in Pegasus at the time the Expedition arrived. For all we know, there could've been hundreds more before, but they had been destroyed by Wraith infighting.
                              There's been no mention of the wraith fighting before the Atlantis team arrived. The wraith didn't hate each other and still don't they are fighting over food because all of them are awake. Before the Atlantis team arrived and woke them all up the wraith took turns waking up and feeding, that's why they were never starving before. Other than the starving thing the wraith seem to have no problems with each other, so why fight when there's plenty of food to go around? It seems asif the wraith were a united force 10,000 years ago, it's only now they are in a civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                                Faulty analogy: the Wraith ships are much bigger and more powerful than Ha'ataks and there were as many Wraith hive-ships in the Pegasus Galaxy in the times of the Ancients as Ha'ataks in the Milky Way, and the Wraith were far more numerous than the Goa'uld. Besides it has been stated in canon that a single Aurora could destroy many hives while suffering practically no damage. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X