This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    Exactly, the wraith may have a huge population in their little pegasus galaxy but the goa'uld at their prime could easily of outnumbered the wraith in ships and armies (I'm not taking about actual goa'uld, I mean Jaffa). The goa'uld inhabit a galaxy much much bigger than the one inhabited by the wraith and the goa'uld don't rely on the population of the galaxy for survival like the wraith do. the goa'uld don't sleep for hundreds of years either, the goa'uld were constantly growing in ships and armies when they were the dominant force.
    I doubt the combined might of the system lords could have toppled the Lantean empire 10,000 years ago like the Wraith though.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      I doubt the combined might of the system lords could have toppled the Lantean empire 10,000 years ago like the Wraith though.
      Thats not the argument here, the argument is if one Aurora-Class Ship could take on the combinded fleet of the system lords
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        Thats not the argument here, the argument is if one Aurora-Class Ship could take on the combinded fleet of the system lords
        Yeah I know that I was commenting on Kirmits comment which implied he thought the system lords at their peak had the numbers to take on the lanteans at their peak. Though I could be mistaken.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

True, somehow the wraith could just keep coming, like they were building ships and armies at an incredible pace, I don't see the goa'uld matching their reproduction rate but definately their numbers. Yes you are mistaken Buba that isn't what I was implying lol, i was saying the goa'uld could've matched and surpassed wraith numbers, they still don't have the greater fire power or production rate.

Comment

True, somehow the wraith could just keep coming, like they were building ships and armies at an incredible pace, I don't see the goa'uld matching their reproduction rate but definately their numbers. Yes you are mistaken Buba that isn't what I was implying lol.
            lol my bad

Well there's also the fact that Goa'uld reliance on shields would make them more vulnerable to the Lantean weapons.

Comment

lol my bad

Well there's also the fact that Goa'uld reliance on shields would make them more vulnerable to the Lantean weapons.
              True but against one ship I think the system lords could win
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

lol my bad

Yep, as their shields are made useless the goa'uld would have to come up with a stronger type of hull like the wraith hives.

Yep, I think Buba agrees with that actually lol .

Comment

Well duh lol. No way could a single ship take on thousands of Ha'tak even Atlantis couldn't that many on at once assuming they all attacked together.

Yep, as their shields are made useless the goa'uld would have to come up with a stronger type of hull like the wraith hives.
                  That's assuming the Goa'uld could build a hull even remotely close to the strength of the Wraiths bio armor.

Yep, I think Buba agrees with that actually lol .
                  I do indeed

Comment

That's assuming the Goa'uld could build a hull even remotely close to the strength of the Wraiths bio armor.
                    Could build a ship out of pure naquadah, that stuff seems even more durable than even the wraith armour.

Comment

Could build a ship out of pure naquadah, that stuff seems even more durable than even the wraith armour.
                      Well their hull is supposedly composed of naquadah isn't it? Or it at least uses it in it's make up. The strongest compound the Asgard could make is a carbon/trinium/naquadah alloy and even that probably isn't as strong Wraith bio armor at least IHMO.

Comment

Wraith Armour is prety damn impressive but think of a Goa'uld ha'tak made out of Wraith Armous and shields now that would pwn
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Wraith Armour is prety damn impressive but think of a Goa'uld ha'tak made out of Wraith Armous and shields now that would pwn
                          Why not just give a Hive shields? It would own anything.

Comment

Well their hull is supposedly composed of naquadah isn't it? Or it at least uses it in it's make up. The strongest compound the Asgard could make is a carbon/trinium/naquadah alloy and even that probably isn't as strong Wraith bio armor at least IHMO.
                            See I never understood that, a stargate made from naquadah can take a massive beating, yet the ha'tak hull seems really fragile.

Why not just give a Hive shields? It would own anything.
                            Depends on the shields, if it's a hive with just normal ha'tak shields then a ship like an Ori warship would still reduce it to dust lol.

Comment

We gave the wraith shields in the first fleet but they didnt own everything..
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

See I never understood that, a stargate made from naquadah can take a massive beating, yet the ha'tak hull seems really fragile.

Depends on the shields, if it's a hive with just normal ha'tak shields then a ship like an Ori warship would still reduce it to dust lol.
                                That's only because the Ori weapon would straight through the shields, standard pulse weapons would be next to useless seeing as the Wraith must have a huge powersource to move their 11km ships.

Well that's a plot hole lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X