This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    I think 3 Ha'tak per Hive is quite a reasonable number.
    Please look at the following English-language word and tell me how it might impact your post:

Evidence
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

We do not need exact numbers here. All we need to know is that it takes at least three or more hives to destroy a fully armed and powered Auora.

And we know that a Ha'tak is close to a fraction of the firepower of the hive.

So if they have 200+ Ha'taks that would at least account for 3 hives.

Its all about numbers, numbers, numbers numbers.

It's the ratio of drones to Ha'taks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
        We do not need exact numbers here. All we need to know is that it takes at least three or more hives to destroy a fully armed and powered Auora.

And we know that a Ha'tak is close to a fraction of the firepower of the hive.

So if they have 200+ Ha'taks that would at least account for 3 hives.

Its all about numbers, numbers, numbers numbers.

It's the ratio of drones to Ha'taks.
        We don't know it takes three hives to destroy an Aurora-class...
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          We don't know it takes three hives to destroy an Aurora-class...
          Yes spelling HaHa

But we know in a one on one the Aurora would win and the percentage for the Aurora wining goes down from there.

So its at least three so 3+

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
            Yes spelling HaHa

But we know in a one on one the Aurora would win and the percentage for the Aurora wining goes down from there.

So its at least three so 3+
            I don't get ANY of that post, but sure... why not...

Comment

I don't get ANY of that post, but sure... why not...
              I think he means the more hives less chance of the Aurora surviving, which is quit obvious and thinks that it'll take no less than three to do the job, hope that helps, as for debating this, I can't be bothered lol .

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                Why wouldn't the energy just stack up?
                Because what matters is the amount of energy that hits the shield at a 0 amount of time. There is simply not enough surface area in the Aurora for the energy beams of 96 Ha'ataks to hit it at once, which is what would be required to overwhelm the shield. Only the beams from, say, 12 Ha'taks would hit it at the exact same moment, and the beams from the other 84 Ha'ataks would have to "wait in line", figuratively speaking to hit it, and it would never overwhelm it. Conversely, the beams from the Hives are powerful enough to overwhelm the Aurora's shield if hitting it at once without exceeding the size of the shiel'd surface area.

I mean if the Goa'uld keep shooting 200 megatons 96 times at once at a Aurora-Class Ship
                200 megatons is a match for an Ancient shield, and 96 of them would never hit it at once because there is no space in the shield for it.
                Last edited by NoobTau'ri; 14 October 2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

But its a constant beating so it would layer almost covering the ship leaving no time for the shields to heal (I think thats the best word) I mean the shields would be constantly taking a beating so then the Drones couldn't escape the fire power and not even hurt the ha'taks so the Aurora would be a sitting duck with no weapons fire and just gettingcovered in 200 megaton blasts.

So I don't know how you think the Aurora could win

Also is there any canon evdince that 12 ha'tak blasts would cover up the entire shields of an Aurora?
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

am i the only one thats gonna say why would the ancients be stupid enough to sit there and get bombarded by weapons fire from a bunch of ha'tak? i mean come on...i know the topic is about who would win...but seriously..why would the ancients take on that many ha'taks alone? lol...

more on topic...it all depends on the energy weapons the aurora has and how effective they would be against the ha'tak...and i do agree with NoobTau'ri when he says that not all of the blasts from the ha'taks are gonna hit the aurora...theres no way 200+ ships weapons fire could impact the shield at the same time..but dont give a number to how many will hit..because we dont know...and they WOULD probably drain the shields pretty quick too...and fugiman, if the aurora has energy weapons..theyd still be able to fight back..

*-*Superman*-*
                    sigpic

Comment

Evidence? We are guessing. Until you actually see a Hive vs Hat'ak, one will never know.

We know that Hives ships have incredible firepower and that Ha'tak shields are much weaker than that of the Earth battlecruisers. So a Hive may be able to take on 10 Ha'taks.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        Evidence? We are guessing. Until you actually see a Hive vs Hat'ak, one will never know.

We know that Hives ships have incredible firepower and that Ha'tak shields are much weaker than that of the Earth battlecruisers. So a Hive may be able to take on 10 Ha'taks.
                        Shield Strength the ha'tak loses but in terms of weapons the Ha'tak wins compared to our rail guns and rockets
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Shield Strength the ha'tak loses but in terms of weapons the Ha'tak wins compared to our rail guns and rockets
                          Well the Ha'tak would be dead before it got a chance to do any damage IMO.

But anyway that's besides the point and a different topic, I think it's pretty obvious that unless the Aurora class carried out hit and run attacks against small groups of Ha'taks for decades there's no way it could win.

If it faced the entire fleet of the system lords it would lose.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            Well the Ha'tak would be dead before it got a chance to do any damage IMO.

But anyway that's besides the point and a different topic, I think it's pretty obvious that unless the Aurora class carried out hit and run attacks against small groups of Ha'taks for decades there's no way it could win.

If it faced the entire fleet of the system lords it would lose.

Can you show many any canon evdince of an Earth Ship destorying a Ha'tak?

But thank you for agreeing
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

Can you show many any canon evdince of an Earth Ship destorying a Ha'tak?

But thank you for agreeing
                              I think he meant "Well the ha'tak would be dead (during a face-off with a hive) before it got a chance to do any damage IMO".

Comment

I think he meant "Well the ha'tak would be dead (during a face-off with a hive) before it got a chance to do any damage IMO".
                                Yes that is what I meant.
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X