This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanusAncient View Post
    I personally don't think that the Ori used ascended knowledge to create their technology, just stuff that they had pre-ascension. The Ancient's definitely have more technology than the Ori, but I don't believe that either is more advanced, I think they have the same knowledge, and the Ori couldn't create a Sangraal without one of them descending, Merlin had to descend to create it, or he just would have passed the information on to Arthur. And, I still think that those Asgard weapons were designed specifically to combat Ori shield technology.
    I agree that the Asgard weapons are designed to combat the Ori shields and not just uber powerul weapons
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
      don't forget everyone that the Ori ships are made from the marterials the villigers already had.
      When was that said?
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
        don't forget everyone that the Ori ships are made from the marterials the villigers already had.
        Even if that were true, why would it matter? Like they don't have materials that could be used to create tough ships? Naquadah was found on many planets.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
          Even if that were true, why would it matter? Like they don't have materials that could be used to create tough ships? Naquadah was found on many planets.
          True

But I think the Ori tech has to be equal or better then the ancinets tech from 10,000 years ago
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic

Comment

The fact Asgard technology can beat Ori technology shows the Ori aren't as powerful as everyone believes. The fact that throughout the show the ancients are portrayed as the most power race and superior to the Asgard through at the very least character dialogue seems to show that the Ancients are superior to both.

Even if the Asgard didn't beat the Ori shields with sheer firepower the fact the Ori have a glaring flaw that can be taken advantage of is a sign that they aren't as uber advanced as people think.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              The fact Asgard technology can beat Ori technology shows the Ori aren't as powerful as everyone believes. The fact that throughout the show the ancients are portrayed as the most power race and superior to the Asgard through at the very least character dialogue seems to show that the Ancients are superior to both.

Even if the Asgard didn't beat the Ori shields with sheer firepower the fact the Ori have a glaring flaw that can be taken advantage of is a sign that they aren't as uber advanced as people think.
              THANK YOU. I've been so busy the past few days I still haven't explained why I feel the way I do, but you summed it up nicely. When I get back from the Lake I'll go into detail about my reasoning, until then, you get a big fat fricken green.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Essentially the way the Asguard changed and their bodies became the way there were they were physically unable to ascend i belive that was actually said in the script, meaning that if the Asguard could have possibly ascended they would have rather then blowing themselves to pieces. So they were just as intellegent or more intellgent then the ancients when they ascended.

The Ori Shields and weapons can only be as powerful as what is powering them so if the Ori have a similar power source to the Asguard's Netronium Power Core or an Ancient ZPM then it wouldn't be very good at withstanding sustained bursts of energy that were designed to be fully absorbed by the shields to drain them faster. Also Thor had mentioned that the Asguard had been working on the weapons they installed on the Odessy for a year.

Comment

Well the Asgard have had 10,000 years or so to get there tech up since teh ancinets left the galaxy so I would hope they would have weapons strong enough to beat the ori. Now the question wasn't are the Ori smarter then the Asgard but the ancinets. So far we have seen similiar weapons example the Acnient Sateilte and the Ori Satelite
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    Well the Asgard have had 10,000 years or so to get there tech up since teh ancinets left the galaxy so I would hope they would have weapons strong enough to beat the ori. Now the question wasn't are the Ori smarter then the Asgard but the ancinets. So far we have seen similiar weapons example the Acnient Sateilte and the Ori Satelite
                    But one was used against the ASGARD shielded Prometheus. The other was used against an un-shielded Wraith ship.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      But one was used against the ASGARD shielded Prometheus. The other was used against an un-shielded Wraith ship.
                      Wraith Ships are super strong and have great bio armour so I don't know why everyone hates wraith hiveships because they don't have shields. I mean those things are heavily armoured
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

True

But I think the Ori tech has to be equal or better then the ancinets tech from 10,000 years ago
                        Why do you think that it HAS to be better?

Wraith Ships are super strong and have great bio armour so I don't know why everyone hates wraith hiveships because they don't have shields. I mean those things are heavily armoured
                        Good point, and that weapon went through that Hive like my finger throuhg tissue paper... yep... just tested it. My finger does go through tissue paper about as easily as that energy blast goes through the Hive.

Comment

I would say the Ori are more advanced as unlike the acncients they have still been somewhat active and have not been held back by plauges and Wars.

I mean the Ori have Supergates, Superpowerful ships, Interplanet rings (maybe? at least it looked like it from when vala and dan where takern to the city of the ori from the village planet), Staff weapons which can control vast amounts of energy, Planet wide shields which absord energy from attacking weapons, Mutant Bugs.

So at least in the art of war the Ori have better tech.

Then again the ancients did have Dakara!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

The ancients are millions of years older than the Asgard and were traveling across galaxies millions of years before the asgard even had star tavel. IMO it's very likely most of the Asgards advances are down to influence from ancient technology.

The Ori are ascending beings? The Asgard SHOULD NOT have weapons to beat them or the fact they do is a cop out. If the Asgard can beat the Ori then i'd bet anything that the ancients could.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            The Ori satellite took 3 hits to take down the Prometheus when the shots went straight through the shields! The Ancient one sliced a hive in half! The ancient satellite is clearly superior.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The Ori satellite took 3 hits to take down the Prometheus when the shots went straight through the shields! The Ancient one sliced a hive in half! The ancient satellite is clearly superior.
                              The Ancient satellite was designed to tackle wrath ships, It also looked bigger and was completed.

The Ori Satallite was not 100% finnished, Was made by a below earth level tech group of Humans. Finally of course the Promethues would take more damage than a wrath ship because of 1 factor! ITS ARE HEROS SHIP!
                              The Promethues should have been not match 4 that satallite (considering its made my use how b4 the P used Space Shuttles). Also asgard sheilds can take some damage. Don't 4 get the asgard where once in an alliance with the ancients so they most liky shared some tech or both had similar understands of sheild technology (something asgard are gd at).

Even if we switched it around the results will still have been the same.
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

The Ori technology seems to be at the level at which the Ori were when they ascended. Much like Ancient and Lantian technology. None of these races ever lived long enough to complete their tech to the fullest.

The Asgard's current level of technology is, in certain areas, more advanced, but this is simply because they've had the time to advance it, as well as the ability to look into the Ancients database.

The Asurans, though we haven't seen too much of them, would also be at the highest level of technology possible, since they have advanced as much as they can on this plane of existance.

As such, their level of technology would most likely go (from greatest to lowest):

Asurans > Asgard > Lantians > Ori > Ancients

Comment

Working...
                                X