No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any reason that this game would run slowly on my laptop?

Comment

Instead of this demo, why not play Star Trek Armada 2? You can play as stargate ships on it.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

1-this isn't a demo
        2-If it's a star trek game i'm going to assume there isn't a stargate-related story...
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Back to the original scaling pictures...

1) Didn't Carter say on 'Beachhead' that she estimated the supergate to be
          between 300-400m in diameter?

2) I thought the O'Neill was absolutely huge compared to Thor's asgard ship. But I may be wrong on this one.

3) The Ha'tak is too big for me. Remember the last ep. of season 1? It zoomed out from SG-1 by the Ha'tak's bridge window. To me the ship didn't look that massive.

4) Lastly, is the Daedalus really that much bigger than the Prometheus? I don't know, I'm probably wrong again.
          Teal'c: Shoots wall
          Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Downloading right now.........exciting n it
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1 View Post
              Back to the original scaling pictures...

1) Didn't Carter say on 'Beachhead' that she estimated the supergate to be
              between 300-400m in diameter?

2) I thought the O'Neill was absolutely huge compared to Thor's asgard ship. But I may be wrong on this one.

3) The Ha'tak is too big for me. Remember the last ep. of season 1? It zoomed out from SG-1 by the Ha'tak's bridge window. To me the ship didn't look that massive.

4) Lastly, is the Daedalus really that much bigger than the Prometheus? I don't know, I'm probably wrong again.

1)Yes, but that was before the segments expand (as we see later in the episode, the Tel'tak is much smaller than the segments, but in reality it is too big to fit through a gate)

2)It is quite a bit bigger yes. I think I may have made the beliskner too big.

3)There are two main flights of Ha'tak. One's bigger than the other (the one you're refering to is the smoother one in the earlier episodes of the show, but later on in the show round, season 6 the Ha'tak are larger and more angular)

4) Yes, I know. I mistook the ship the prometheus flies close to as a Ha'tak when it was really Anubis's mothership. The prometheus is truly closer to 375 meters long.

I'd also like to say that next week, we begin work on the third installment on what we are planning to be a QUINTRILOGY. For those of you who do not know what the hell we're talking about, that means 5-parts. If you don't remember anything about the story, too bad! We have some spoilers placed in the credits for the Beta system, and We're looking for dialogue writers for our other game, the Carmed parody game.
              Last edited by Battera; 02 November 2006, 11:34 AM.
              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

completed the game, its deadly and mad addictive

Comment

Battera, this game, is it a mod on another game or a stand-alone downloadable game?
                  Teal'c: Shoots wall
                  Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

It isn't a mod, it's a custom game (As in we at Into the void productions wrote all of th code with the Game Maker 5.3 program). It isn't stand-alone, as it's part of a story-arc.

Also, the first game (Stargate Battles Alpha) is to be replace in the story line with Alpha II. Meaning there should be two more games that haven't been announced!
                    Last edited by Battera; 02 November 2006, 01:45 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      Downloading right now.........exciting n it
                      WOW!!!! just played it massive improvement from the demos that I played... excellent job Battera!!!!!!!
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Here's the list of weapons the player's ships are supposed to have:

Pulse turret-Rapidfire pulse cannon that's sort of a cross between Railguns and Turrets from beta. It has a limited charge like the turrets, but a hell of a fire rate like the railguns. They each do 5 damage per blast.

Directed energy cannons-Sort of a step up in lethality from the Pulse Turret, this weapons has less charge, and a less impressive fire rate, but each blast does 60 damager per blast.

Quantum Energetic Nuclear Bombs Mark VI class-Have very limited ammo, these babies put the nukes of the previous games to shame. The blastwave is essentially supercharged plasma, created with energy drawn from subspace. The blast has a very specific frequency in space time where it has no effect, and all Tau'ri, Jaffa, Tok'ra, and Asgard shields are all charged with this energetic frequency, protecting them from the blast. With a blast radius of approximately 20 miles while in space, these puppies are the most destructive weapon ever built by human hands. Due to the peaceful nature of the new great alliance, use of these weapons is frowned upon unless absolutley neccisary.

-LGBT-

Comment

Considering how advanced Earth Ships are now supposed to be, we need some sort of energy weapon that doesn't have a charge, similar to the Asgard ships. Railguns won't cut it anymore.

It took like 5 minutes of railguns to take down the Haethon or w/e, and thats not even an Ancient ship. Imagine shooting those at an Aurora class.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The railguns are gone. And the weapons' charge system won't be as annoying as the turrets from beta. Like it or not, it is canon to have to charge your weapons first.

-LGBT-

Comment

Indeed that is true but its also concievable that the more advanced races don't deal with that. Imagine having a naquada generator hooked up to every single weapon. Or even a mark 2 or w/e it was. That would provide more than enough power for each energy weapon. The Asgard have never shown the need to charge their weapons when they fire them.

The problem is that since we are often pitted against really hard odds, whether really strong ships or 100's of weak ones, recharging the weapons really hurts.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Can you make it so we don't need win-zip to open it?
                                http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                                The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X