No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, thankyou. The main idea, and general story has been decided. The writers should have a lot of fun coming up with the details behind it.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Just a little preview of coming attractions, there will be an SGA game( or games) that we will be working on in the future. No rush, though.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        True they're bigger but not many times, by my estimate an Ori warship is just over 2/3's the size of a hive which is still massive.
        Sorry, didn't mean to overstate that, x_x yeah but a hive ship is still larger.(anyone confused refer to the ori vs wraith thread.. lol there are a ton of good points going across for both sides!)

Comment

Also, an essential part to the success of this(these) game(s) are coders-people who do the coding of the game. I can do the coding, but Battera knows a lot more than I do. But we'll need some coders, and most likely more than two. you can learn more about Game Maker coding by searching Game Maker Documentation, or just Game Maker.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Here is the current documentation:
            http://www.gamemaker.nl/doc/html/index.html

Game Maker 5.3 (the one we will be using)
            http://www.gamemaker.nl/old/doc/gmaker.pdf

http://www.gamemaker.nl/old/doc/gmaker.doc

Tutorials and Help on Game Maker

http://www.gamemaker.nl/tutorials/beginners.zip

http://www.gamemaker.nl/tutorials/programming.zip

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I wouldn't mind doing the code at all.

I've decided to bump up the release date to...... Halloween.
              Trick-or-treat gate fans!
              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                I wouldn't mind doing the code at all.

I've decided to bump up the release date to...... Halloween.
                Trick-or-treat gate fans!
                Thankyou for helping with the coding, and, I got the website up. It's on Freewebs. I have some areas complete, but I gotta get somemore done. I'll update the site with more pages about downloads, screens, etc.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, this topic's gone to heck without me.

Just wanted to say that the release date is still planned for the 31st, and just so everyone knows, the 27th is my birthday.
                  You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Just wanted to say that the release date is still planned for the 31st, and just so everyone knows, the 27th is my birthday.
                    Okay, look forward to seeing the game. AND, happy birthday.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Looking forward to it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday to you... happy birthday to you... Happy Birthday dear Battera... Happy birthday to you! And many MORE!

Um:
                      Do you plan on doing a game in the future with Anciejnt ships?

I treally think it would be cool if you could make a game with Ancients.

Maybe durring the Wraith war, or maybe about a sect of Ancients that split off and fought in the war, but left and went on a bunch of cool adventures.

Mainly:
                      I want the chance to use Ancient Drones from the ship.

That would be awesome.

PS: The radar in the game has never worked on my computer.
                      Any idea why?

Because of this, I can't get past the really hard level that you need the radar to get past... hint hint.

Comment

...there's no reason I can think of.

Also, the only games I'm planning for the future of Stargate Battles are:

Stargate Battles Gamma:
                        Takes place in the year 2080, and is planned to have a much longer game-time. You see, the first SGB game only lasted about 30 minutes, and that's if your pretty slow, and beat all three races. Beta version may take an hour or two to beat, depending on your zeal. I'm hoping for a 5-hour game time with Gamma. The only really major feature I plan on adding is a 'custom ship' feature. You will start out with a BC-303, and be able to purchase upgrades to its shields, weapons, engines, fighter Capacity, and integrity. If you collect enough points, you can upgrade your ship to a DSC-304 (if you have also bought the minimum of upgrades), and eventually an ESW-306, the same class as the Illiad. Points are collected by playing the single-player mode. Also, the galactic-navigation will be modified again.

Stargate Alpha II:
                        An in-depth remake of the first game, with only two selectable races for SG-1, and Atlantis. It will feature all of the update featured in Beta, anything I come up with in Gamma, and then some.

-LGBT-

Comment

...there's no reason I can think of.

Also, the only games I'm planning for the future of Stargate Battles are:

Stargate Battles Gamma:
                          Takes place in the year 2080, and is planned to have a much longer game-time. You see, the first SGB game only lasted about 30 minutes, and that's if your pretty slow, and beat all three races. Beta version may take an hour or two to beat, depending on your zeal. I'm hoping for a 5-hour game time with Gamma. The only really major feature I plan on adding is a 'custom ship' feature. You will start out with a BC-303, and be able to purchase upgrades to its shields, weapons, engines, fighter Capacity, and integrity. If you collect enough points, you can upgrade your ship to a DSC-304 (if you have also bought the minimum of upgrades), and eventually an ESW-306, the same class as the Illiad. Points are collected by playing the single-player mode. Also, the galactic-navigation will be modified again.

Stargate Alpha II:
                          An in-depth remake of the first game, with only two selectable races for SG-1, and Atlantis. It will feature all of the update featured in Beta, anything I come up with in Gamma, and then some.
                          Well, when I start the program, it changes my screen resolution.
                          And I can't get it to work on smaller resolutions.
                          Maybe the screen is too small to see the sensor screen clearly?
                          Even then, I have ever seen anything in the radar.:/

Maybe allow Ancient technology with the custom ship game?

Maybe have the Ancients in Stargate Alpha II?

Possibly a few levels where you are an Ancient ship.

I am an idea machine actually.

Essentially, I would really love to see your work applied to Ancient technology.

I have an idea for a storyline if you are interested.

Comment

F6 puts the game into fullscreen mode.

-LGBT-

Comment

F6 puts the game into fullscreen mode.
                              Oh! Thanks!

Edit:
                              Ok, tried it.
                              The radar still ust is blank.
                              All black. Nothin shows up in it.

Comment

happy birthday m8,

is there a site which hosts all of the games you have mad sofar?

the last version of the first one

this new game your making, when its released

would be good to have them all posted on a single page.

Comment

Working...
                                X