Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battera View Post
    Well, as promised I have made a demo for the Gamma version. Just a few quick notes:

1.The story is just a fabricated string for the demo, and will NOT be in the final version.
    2.Saving doesn't work right.
    3.Please remember while you play the game that this is a DEMO. You get too many points for the missions, the map isn't perfect, and the graphics aren't fine-tuned.
    4.'Space' will no longer fire the weapons. That duty has been placed onto letter 'V'.

That said, enjoy the show, err... demo:

Indeed, Thor would be proud...

Sweet game Battera I cant wait for the full version to come out
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

...there aren't any railguns. I assume you mean the turrets. The turrets are human-made, and while they are powerful, their flaw is their energy consumption, thus why they need to be recharged.

I can't use space, because when you hold space, and a message pops up, the message will go away (because pressing space is just like pressing 'ok' on a message).

I don't know of the superweapon error you speak of, but the ship the player starts with is a BC-303.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by ste View Post
        wow its hard, how come there is a re-charge for the rail guns now? it looks good thought, very good.

one sudgestion though, using "V" to fire the weapons isnt very comfortable for the hand, just because of the way the keys are placed, if you know what i mean, it felt more natural when the space bar fired the weapons.

also when i use that super weapon an error comes up and the game closes.

what is the ship at the start? its quite weak
        Yeah, space bar was good.
        I recomend having railguns and these turrets myself.
        These turrets are way to limited for extended engagements with multiple foes.

PS: I had a glitch with the Orii ship. It crashed the game, and caused saves to error.
        There were a bunch of bad glitches throughout the game.
        Last edited by An-Alteran; 12 November 2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Did you forget that it's WAY into the future? I really don't think railguns would be an acceptable weapons. I know it's hard to tell, but each turret blast's more than twice as strong as each railgun blast.

EDIT:

One of my collegues posted the second game at 64 digits, and it got rated 8/10!
          Last edited by Battera; 13 November 2006, 02:16 AM.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

I think the demo looks great battera, but the turrets are definitely weak. 100 hits from any energy weapon you would think it would do a LOT more damage to the Ha'taks. The 303 is obviously not the strongest ship but still those turrets are really weak. When I was fighting the Ori ship I had to quit because none of the turret blasts made any notable dent in the shields. The QENB didn't even do very much, like maybe 1/3 of its power.
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I downloaded it and finished it the other day. I think that the HUD is improved, especially with the working radar. It was difficult, but I managed to beat the Ori ship. I can't believe how freakishly powerful it is! I really like the effect on the main weapon for it. Was it supposed to have a sound effect?

Comment

I wish... I can't figure out a way to replicate the sound, or take it from a video file, because that beam noise the Ori ships make is very unique!

-LGBT-

Comment

I wish I could help. I can extract sound onto a wav from a video file as it is playing, but to filter it effectively and get the desired sound is outside my abilities.

Also, any ideas for music in the full version of gamma?

Comment

I just hope the Energy weapons that we currently have will be improved. Because we no longer have an unlimited weapon we at least need a relatively powerful main one. It will definitely be impossible to beat without using QENB's if we don't get stronger weapons.
                    Great game though especially love the newer graphics.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

As for music, I'm not sure. I just got 'Anvil Studio', so maybe some custom music. Problem is, the other members of 'ITV Productions' aren't sure what Evanescence song to have for the credits of the game, but we're leaning towards either 'Further Away', or 'Going Under'.

Also, we aren't sure if we want to keep the whole 'Galactic Map' thing. It's more of a bother than it's worth, and the level-to-level system in the Beta version wasn't bad (but we will NOT have the whole 'accelerate into hyperspace' thing-it was a pain from the beginning of the game to the end!)

Also, the Illiad will return in the game, although with a few cosmetic adjustments...
                      Last edited by Battera; 13 November 2006, 05:08 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

I'm not very good with Winzip, when I try to open the downloaded file in Winzip, it just says the file's been moved, and I can't find it.
                        How do you unzip the file?
                        Teal'c: Shoots wall
                        Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1 View Post
                          I'm not very good with Winzip, when I try to open the downloaded file in Winzip, it just says the file's been moved, and I can't find it.
                          How do you unzip the file?
                          Try going to your Content.IES folder and search in one of the internet folders for the zip. Thats where they usally end up, when I download stuff it goes there.

Hope that works for ya
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            Try going to your Content.IES folder and search in one of the internet folders for the zip. Thats where they usally end up, when I download stuff it goes there.

Hope that works for ya
                            I managed to get it working after my last post, when it prompted me to start the download I was clicking Open instead of Save, it works now. Thanks anyway. One thing, when your ship gets destroyed the game automatically shuts down, is it supposed to do that? I would of thought it would say Game Over or something.

PS: This is Beta System by the way.
                            Last edited by Andy1; 14 November 2006, 12:04 PM.
                            Teal'c: Shoots wall
                            Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                              Well, as promised I have made a demo for the Gamma version. Just a few quick notes:

1.The story is just a fabricated string for the demo, and will NOT be in the final version.
                              2.Saving doesn't work right.
                              3.Please remember while you play the game that this is a DEMO. You get too many points for the missions, the map isn't perfect, and the graphics aren't fine-tuned.
                              4.'Space' will no longer fire the weapons. That duty has been placed onto letter 'V'.
                              Fire should be space-bar. v is way to awkward .

The graphics are the best, but the weapons need something. I hope you bring back the rail guns or some other weapon that deos not need to be or have a very long recharge time. Pretty good so far.

edit, the QNEB thing killed my game. the turrets have to be completely depleted to recharge? I'm putting these here for those that will ask. Remeber this is only a demo so get one him becasue stuff doesn't work completley.
                              Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
                              I shot him...

in the leg...
                              I'm invulnerable!
                              Spoiler:
                              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
                              http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

isn't there a way to make individual mouse buttons work the weapons? You know like have the left click to fire the weapons and the right click to change them. I think that may help ease the strain on the hands.

Also why is it that the ships come to a complete stop when you reach the edge of the map? That is really annoying when your trying to avoid getting shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X