This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
    Well I don't know any british actors off hand but I think that the ship should be called HMS Invincible and be the first 304 operated by a foreign power that does not get blown up on its first mission.
    Hooray to that! One of the PTB recently acknowledged Stargates popularity in the UK and a British ship not getting blown up would be a nice way to say thank you.

Allestian is it possible to add a poll to this thread so we can vote for our favourite ship names? I'm just curious.

Comment

Actually in all seriousness I reckon Britain should be the next country to get a BC304 or higher or maybe the x-305. First Earth ship with particle cannons instead of railguns . Joint venture between the 2 closest allies in the world.

A) It's popular in Britain
      B) Britain always does things better than anyone else. Engineering and strategy seem to be our strong points.
      Hopefully TPTB will take our relationship into considering for the next international fleet instead of given the next one to the chinese.

Comment

Vicky Pollard!

Marks: "And those who are prideful and refuse to bow do, shall be layed low and made unto dust."
        VP: "yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but..."

<Over on the Ori Ship>
        Doci: "It would appear we will be here for a while, power down primary systems"

VP: "yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but OHMYGAWD you are so dead now, shoot 'em! "

Ori: "They are opening fire!"
        Doci: "Bloody hell, sheild to full..." KABOOM!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
          Vicky Pollard!

Marks: "And those who are prideful and refuse to bow do, shall be layed low and made unto dust."
          VP: "yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but..."

<Over on the Ori Ship>
          Doci: "It would appear we will be here for a while, power down primary systems"

VP: "yea but not but but yea but no no but yea but no but yea but no but OHMYGAWD you are so dead now, shoot 'em! "

Ori: "They are opening fire!"
          Doci: "Bloody hell, sheild to full..." KABOOM!
          oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my god i sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo can't beleive you just posted that, shut up and i'm soooooo gonna green you now
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
            oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my god i sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo can't beleive you just posted that, shut up and i'm soooooo gonna green you now
            Oh my God thats just well out of order

If we're going on a little britain idea:

Spoiler:

Myfanwy: Apparently Doci's gay
            Dafydd: What? He can't be gay, I'm the only gay in this village.
            Doci: Oh yes I do like to take it up the duff. Barcadi and coke please Myfanwy.
            Dafydd: Get out, we don't want your kind round 'ere (starts shooting at the ori ships destroying them)
            Myfanwy: Dafydd Thomas, you bloody fool. You could of had a bit of cock there.
            Dafydd: Thats the sort of homophobia, I've come to expect in this village
            Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 12 April 2006, 05:39 AM.

Comment

How about the HMS Lionheart, just a thought

Have the Captian be a guy named Richard, the only way it would work
              For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

Seriously for some reason i'd like to see David Tennant as the CO of a british ship.

Or perhaps Catherine Tate.

PRIOR OF THE ORI: We shall smite our heathen enemies!
                CT: Do i look bothered, i'm not bothered!

Perhaps HMS Trafalgar or HMS Ark Royal would be good names for brit ships.

Comment

I would Imagine a British ship would have a "Hitchhiker's Guide" style drink maker that would make a cup of tea that was "almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea".

Comment

Dame Judi Dench!!!

As "Colonel Kathryn Swindon commander of the HMS Cromwell"
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
                      Dame Judi Dench!!!

As "Colonel Kathryn Swindon commander of the HMS Cromwell"
                      She's to old, besides there arn't any senior female Royal Navy officers that have command experience.

Wouldn't a British 304 come under the command of the RAF as opposed to the RN? That would mean no HMS designation....

Comment

I was thinking about Rowan Atkinson. The dude that is well known as Mr Bean ! Or some of you might have seen Johney English Imagine him as commander hahaha ooh no we are doomed !
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                          She's to old, besides there arn't any senior female Royal Navy officers that have command experience.

Wouldn't a British 304 come under the command of the RAF as opposed to the RN? That would mean no HMS designation....
                          Well AFAIK the US Airforce actually has official control of US military operations etc in space, however the British military have no such provision, so I would assume that ship command would be given to those best suited to it; RN personel .
                          "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
                          http://www.intotheblack.ca/
                          Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

I think it would be designated as HMS, since it is a ship and under the total command of Her Majesty. But good point about the RAF having it. In fact I don't even know how there designate their fighter planes. Now the F302s could be designated like that, since they are basically spaceplanes.

Comment

Actually the name Soccer DOES exist it's used to differentiate if from the other type of football that exists in the UK. Rugby. Soccer was applied originally by the English not the Americans for your information.

Soccer Football

Rugby Football

American Football is called Football because the ball is one foot in lenght.
                              you are forgeting about australian rules football
                              War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakebbq
                                you are forgeting about australian rules football
                                and gaelic football (GAA)

Comment

Working...
                                X