This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akai
    Has it ever been specifically stated anywhere in either series that the production F-302's don't have hyperdrive? I know the original X-302 prototype did, and the one O'neill flew in the season 7 opener did, but they never stated if that was just another identical prototype or a production model. I don't remember it ever being specifically stated that the production models don't have hyperdrive, but it's never been stated that they do either.
    maybe its an optional extra, like if you need a hyperdrive they add one on.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      Neither is snide remarks about either American or our Military's "arrogence". Agree?

no

i'll still continue to about american military arrogence when relevent. they're not snide, it's freedom of speech. i can say what i want

Comment

That's not freedom of speech, which I will point out that the American military has done most of the fighting and dying for throughout the world, but inflammatory. The American military does not draw blueprints for fighters at any rate, but contracts companies (most of which have assets throughout the world) to do them.

I take great offense to the comment and your attempts to defend it.

Not only that but I am greatly concerned that you have not been censored for the obvious attempt to flame people on the board by the moderators of the board. I don’t know where you are from, nor do I care as I am not interested in flaming your country, but surely you would take offense to a similar comment.

The American military does more overseas to prevent the maltreatment of persons of all backgrounds and has lost the lives of many who did not choose to be there, but went when the American political leadership has called on them to do so – and gone to do the best they could in what are usually poor circumstances for anyone to assist in stopping genocide and other such atrocities.

Please apologize or at least drop it.

Comment

god no freedom of speech. btw those who die most are who ever fights against the us military

i'll drop it when people stop posting bout it

Comment

Hate to interupt the off topic fight but...

Keep in mind when the prototype 302(s) were being created, we didn't have a battle cuirser with an Asgard hyperdrive on it. If we wanted to try out our new naquadria hyperdrive, this was the ship we had to do it with.

I think the omnipedia is presuming the F302s are identical to the X302's. I don't believe the 302's had moved to the 'F' status until the end of season 7 (the Antarctica battle).

I don't think there's enough naquadria around to put those engines on every 302.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

This question is along the same lines as 'is the Daedalus a BC-303 or a BC-304' argument. There is no real evidence either way so until it is mentioned on screen or from an official source, we will never really know.

Personally, I think no as it would probably add unnecessary build time and expense for something that will rarely be used. I agree with immhotep that it is probably an optional extra at most and only a small number of 302s (maybe half a dozen, if that) would be equipped for special circumstances, such as in 'Fallen'.

Comment

Ive watched fallen only about 1000 times and i recall the dialogue between carter and hammond:

carter- were ready to go sir
                hammond- better get yourself out to the F-302 then

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

I think the hyperdrive was ditched. It's very unstable, even for short distances, and takes lots of energy and room. It adds weight to a fighter that doesn't need it.
                  What it gains in the capacity to eventually escape to rather hazardous coordinates, it loses in what makes a fighter rather important: acceleration and manoeverability.

Originally posted by Seastallion
                  I could easily see the next generation of Earth spacefighters being made hyperdrive capable. I myself imagined that an F-304 might have Deathglider Anti-Inertial drives (like the X-301), Shields, a Rail-gun, and a working (even if limited) hyperdrive engine. I agree that the production F-302 probably lacks the hyperdrive possessed by the X-302, but I also think it is a concept worth pursuing. As I said, I agree with NakedJehutyV2 that a hyperdrive isn't (technically) needed to make the F-302 an effective ship, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be very useful. To think it wouldn't be useful simply shows a lack of imagination on the part of the specific opinion holder... not the arrogance of those who do.
                  You forgot naqahdah tipped ammunition.
                  However, I'm not sure about the railgun. The weapon's kickback alone would pose a serious problem to the ship's balance, and would make both the fighter and the weapon completely useless.
                  There should be at least to railguns, put at equal distance of the object's gravity center, and opposite sides, which would either put the railguns on each side of the fighter, at the same level where the gravity center can be found, or above and underneath the fighter.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

well they do have inertial dampaners maybe they'll cancel most of the recoil

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                      There is a great national pride in America.
                      Indeed. Way too much to my tastes.
                      However his/her comment was misplaced though, but hardly poses as racism... unless Americans are a race now. :/
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                        Indeed. Way too much to my tastes.
                        However his/her comment was misplaced though, but hardly poses as racism... unless Americans are a race now. :/
                        Actually they are:
                        http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=race

And blanket statements about any group or race are always misplaced, and usually with very little basis but one's own prejudices.

however to get back on topic;
                        i believe that the F-302's would no longer have the hyperdrives while they would certainly be handy they would be to much of a risk; if the system overloads they could wipe out their entire Wing.
                        "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
                        http://www.intotheblack.ca/
                        Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

Railguns wouldnt have recoil would they?

Comment

Well naquadria may not need to be use to power the hyperdrive. A mark 2 Naquadah providing 6 times more power than a normal Naquadah generator. However it does not last very long as it operates on a very controled overload. They designed it mostly for power output to power a chair device which most likely use power than a hyperdrive. However we could tone the overloading of the mark 2 generator(does not make much power as normal one does) so last longer and and can still can power the hyperdrive. It then use to fly alot farther in hyperspace than it currently can.
                            http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                              You forgot naqahdah tipped ammunition.
                              However, I'm not sure about the railgun. The weapon's kickback alone would pose a serious problem to the ship's balance, and would make both the fighter and the weapon completely useless.
                              There should be at least to railguns, put at equal distance of the object's gravity center, and opposite sides, which would either put the railguns on each side of the fighter, at the same level where the gravity center can be found, or above and underneath the fighter.
                              I'm not sure naquada tipped ammunition would help all that much. Also, Naquada is far to valuable to just throw away like that. Depleted uranium might be a far better option. Neither naquada, nor uranium will just explode on impact (if that was your thinking), but it because they are extremely dense, they both would do exceptional damage.

About the Railguns... they don't have kickback. Railguns use EM rails to accelerate projectiles rather than an explosive force such as from gun powder. Besides that, even if they did have kickback, I was thinking that a railgun would be placed where jet-fighters guns are usually placed. They are usually placed into the central core of the craft, not at the wing tips. If your thinking of the Deathgliders, they don't have kickback either. That is why Teal'c is able to carry one around, without getting knocked on his ass everytime he fires it. The staff weapons (standered and heavy) essentially accelerate a compressed amount of highly charged plasma. It is sort of similiar to the railgun, except it doesn't accelerate matter. It accelerates plasma instead. So... no need to worry about the 'center of gravity'.
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by jburrows
                                Well naquadria may not need to be use to power the hyperdrive. A mark 2 Naquadah providing 6 times more power than a normal Naquadah generator. However it does not last very long as it operates on a very controled overload. They designed it mostly for power output to power a chair device which most likely use power than a hyperdrive. However we could tone the overloading of the mark 2 generator(does not make much power as normal one does) so last longer and and can still can power the hyperdrive. It then use to fly alot farther in hyperspace than it currently can.
                                As someone else said, I also doubt that most F-302's are equipped with hyperdrive. Immhotep is probably right, that it could have been converted to mission-specific removable component option. The mark 2 Naquada generator might be fine for tactical maneuvers such as was seen in "Fallen". They could use the F-302's very limited hyperdrive to make intra-system 'super-jumps' that could give the F-302 an extra boost in critical situation. Say enemy fighters are closing in, and you need to get out of the way. You could make a short hyperdrive jump to get away.
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X