Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the hyperdrive in the next few years will get remodeled, the asgard may even help upgrade the F-302 hyperdrive to be inline with say a teltak ship. they are kinda the kings of FLT, if we asked hermiod or thor or kvasir to take a look at our current hyperdrive and surgest improvements ( instead of asking for a hyperdrive they might accidentilly fix everything and not even mean to)...wouldnt that be a shame.
    the hyperdrive on fighters is a great idea, imo there isnt much better, the F-302 if equiped with rail guns like they will be sooner or later, esspecially in the PG, would be invaluble. if the deadalus is away or the orion is gone somewhere...and you need to get help, send a 302.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

I'm just glad that baseline f302s
      Spoiler:
      (i.e. the type that the wraith virus took control of in SGA 2x01 "Intruder")
      don't have hyperdrive.
      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Has it ever been specifically stated anywhere in either series that the production F-302's don't have hyperdrive? I know the original X-302 prototype did, and the one O'neill flew in the season 7 opener did, but they never stated if that was just another identical prototype or a production model. I don't remember it ever being specifically stated that the production models don't have hyperdrive, but it's never been stated that they do either.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
          the idea of hyperdrives on fighters is lame just an example of american arrogence. it's not needed
          You comments are not needed. This is, after all, a TV show. Not real!

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
            I'm just glad that baseline f302s
            Spoiler:
            (i.e. the type that the wraith virus took control of in SGA 2x01 "Intruder")
            don't have hyperdrive.
            no, the F-302 may have had hyperdrive
            Spoiler:
            just the virus program had to stay in range of the daedalus in case the daedalus wiped its harddrives, so it could reload

but thewn again if it had hyperdrive
            Spoiler:
            it could have made jump with colonel sheppard and just before shep shot the missle at it

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
              I'll ignore the snide part of your commment as it has no place here. As to your opinion that a hyperdrive is not needed on an F-302, that is technically true. A hyperdrive generally won't help an F-302 in most fights. However, a hyperdrive on F-302's would give them a significant tactical advantage. Someone mentioned that hyperdrive capable F-302's could retreat or ambush without the aid of mothership. That is a valueable ability because it takes time to launch and/or retrieve fighters. If your mothership is taking on damage and needs to retreat, having hyperdrive equiped fighters would allow the ship to jump out of the battle zone, and its fighters could follow later. Or perhaps you need to gain some intelligence, but sending in a mothership would be too noticeable. A single fighter could potentially jump in un-noticed, hide, and gather valueable intel to take back. A small fighter would not likely have the range or speed of mothership in hyperspace, but the ability would make it quite useful.

I could easily see the next generation of Earth spacefighters being made hyperdrive capable. I myself imagined that an F-304 might have Deathglider Anti-Inertial drives (like the X-301), Shields, a Rail-gun, and a working (even if limited) hyperdrive engine. I agree that the production F-302 probably lacks the hyperdrive possessed by the X-302, but I also think it is a concept worth pursuing. As I said, I agree with NakedJehutyV2 that a hyperdrive isn't (technically) needed to make the F-302 an effective ship, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be very useful. To think it wouldn't be useful simply shows a lack of imagination on the part of the specific opinion holder... not the arrogance of those who do.

it's called freedom of speech dude.

i knew some of ya'll would react like that and couldn't care less

anyway i just rememeered in star wars fighters have hyperdrive tech and shields. but trying on such a primitive craft? pheww

Comment

it's called freedom of speech dude.
                its also called racisim, your part about americans anyway...

Comment

lol god no hahahaha damn truth isn't racism.

anyway how is that racism?

Comment

lol god no hahahaha damn truth isn't racism.
                    anyway how is that racism?
                    just an example of american arrogence.
                    you are tarnishing all americans with the same brush, just because some americans are arrogant (possibly more than a normal race) doesn't mean they all are. Its like saying Australians Drink Fosters, THEY DONT!. The vast majority of Australians loathe Fosters. Now if you said Australians drink VB or Carlton Draught that would have some truth behind it.

Comment

i never mentioned american people. try military

Comment

i never mentioned american people. try military
                        Next time, say American Military and not just American. This will reduce the amount of confusion next time, ok?

Comment

i simply thought that ya'll were smart enough by american i meant military cuz the military makes the blueprints for fighters.

Comment

i simply thought that ya'll were smart enough by american i meant military cuz the military makes the blueprints for fighters.
                            You said it in a way where it could have ment America as a whole. There is a great national pride in America and you don't want to even appear looking like you just insulted every American.

Comment

"national pride"? whatever this isn't the place for that. anyway my statements were true, military trying to much.

don't bring this up again.
                              Last edited by NakedJehutyV2; 21 January 2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

"national pride"? whatever this isn't the place for that. anyway my statements were true, military trying to much.
                                Neither is snide remarks about either American or our Military's "arrogence". Agree?
                                Last edited by BigGator5; 22 January 2006, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X