This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
    The hives are not shielded and it's likely the railguns actually do quite a bit of damage.
    wait a second...Then why are they trying to beam the Nukes Inside the ship, when we can beam the nukes just over the ships and the blast do damage from outisde?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
      Prometheus had BC-303 printed on her side!
      No she didn't It was X-303 printed on her side
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
        Well not both Daedalus and Odyssey would be X-304's, just Daedalus since she's the prototype. Unfortunately Daniel nor Landry mentioned the prefix in their conversation, so we don't know for sure that it's a BC. Since it plays the role of a carrier more than a battle cruiser it may be some different prefix.

yea, exactly, we don't know. lets leave it at thiat
        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid.
          wait a second...Then why are they trying to beam the Nukes Inside the ship, when we can beam the nukes just over the ships and the blast do damage from outisde?
          yes that's a very good idea but i dont think they have thought of that
          but thats very intresting

Comment

Originally posted by marlowe54
            Will the Daedalus appear in the Season Finale of Stargate SG1?
            Spoiler:
            Nope.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i dont know SGC funding maybe IC have lots of influence now

i think china have something we dont know about keeping the gate was too easy they have some trick up their sleve

once a country has one ship they can ues it to transport resouces in the hangar pods and cargo bays

what stops a country from building a cargo type ship of stell and just a litle bit of naquada for engines

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200
                i dont know SGC funding maybe IC have lots of influence now

i think china have something we dont know about keeping the gate was too easy they have some trick up their sleve

once a country has one ship they can ues it to transport resouces in the hangar pods and cargo bays

what stops a country from building a cargo type ship of stell and just a litle bit of naquada for engines
                It's possible(more like probable) a standard fission reactor would be able to all sublight systems. Perhaps with a capacitor even a hyperdrive.

Anyway they wouldn't need any Naquadah for anything but the hyperdrive.

And yes, there's nothing stopping them from using steel/alumninium(or aluminum)/carbon composit/titanium.

A ship dedicated to mining off world wouldn't need that powerful sublight engines either.

Comment

Remember only the asguard can override the lock out which prevent use from useing the transporters as weapons.

Comment

X-301: The Death Glider hybrid
                    X-302/F-302: The reverse engineered Death Glider made from entirely Earthly manufactured parts. Known ships - the entire Earth space fighter fleet.
                    X-303/BC-303: The Prometheus Class vessel, known ships - Prometheus. Serves as a prototype ship for...
                    X-304/DSC-304: The Daedalus Class Vessel. Known ships - Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev

It was confirmed in Crudade (S919) when Landry said that they had to give up the next 304 to roll off the line followed by Daniel saying something about the next Daedalus class vessel nearing completion (or something to that extent). Anyway that should put an end to the debate of whether or not the Daedalus class vessel is a Prometheus class vessel with bigger engines or an entirely new class all together.
                    ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                    Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Wahoo no more 303 or 304 discussions but alas i do miss the 303 design i think it looks far cooler than the 304 (
                      the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

He didn't say the next 304, he said the 304. Prometheus: BC-301, Daedelus: BC-302, Odyssey: BC-303, Korelev: BC-304. It is the numbering system for the Battlecruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit
                          He didn't say the next 304, he said the 304. Prometheus: BC-301, Daedelus: BC-302, Odyssey: BC-303, Korelev: BC-304. It is the numbering system for the Battlecruisers.
                          No he said "A 304". At which point Daniel says "I Thought the Next Daedalus class ship wasn't due out of the pipeline for a year". They are classed as BC-304's. Daedalus is BC-304-02, Odessy BC-304-03, Korelev would have been BC-304-04

Comment

Not to nitpick, but wouldn't Daedalus be BC-304-01 by that system? Unless there's something I don't know about the military's numbering system.

Comment

Prometheus was the prototype though so wouldnt that be 01?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

BC-304 is a ship classification system. Individual ships of the same class are given different names.

X/BC-303 = Prometheus
                                BC-304 = Daedalus, Odyssey, Korelev
                                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                                X