This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
    After the Eurofighter farce, I can't see a joint project of this scale working at all.
    The Eurofighter isn't what we can call a success, but don't see everything in black. Ariane is a success, and its involves even more countries. This only problem is organisation: during the Europa program, every nation worked without taking care of what the others were doing, and they failed. When they decided to begin the Ariane program, they decided to put it under the total control of one agency (France's space agency, CNES). And it worked, yet Ariane is nothing else than Europa-3. So with only two countries involved, it should be OK, remember the Concorde.
    Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Sweet, Best Stargate Ship ever!

Hallowed is the Chunk

Comment

Originally posted by Ichigo
        Come on what about Canada. We can build these things, we built the Canada Arm!!! So he have the lamest Military ever. He could build them for you guys, and help in support and tech parts of the ship. Plus we have tons of unihabited room for secret military operations.

I got a name to
        The Chunk (jk)
        Dude, I have been to Canada its FREEZING UP THERE!! and I'm from Cleveland!!, give me area 51 anyday, right in the middle of the desert.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ichigo
          Sweet, Best Stargate Ship ever!
          The Black Diamant ?
          Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
            Dude, I have been to Canada its FREEZING UP THERE!! and I'm from Cleveland!!, give me area 51 anyday, right in the middle of the desert.....
            Its only cold up here if you don't live here, and isn't Cleveland is like right on the border?

And thats one reason we should build these Ships, no one would ever to think of Canada building a Space ship!! In cold old Canada. lol.

And when did we learn about Odyssey & Orion?? And Koreleve?

Comment

^^^^^^i can skip a couple of miles and im in Canada *kidding* I think there is a ferry on Lake Erie...
              Last edited by Milleniumlance; 15 January 2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

manafest destiny cannot spead out into the galaxy.

that said unless earth ships have asgard weapons or using beam tech to beam nukes into ships they'll get ownd. missiles and rail guns are only good for defense

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                  Well... French could maybe build one too. But I think Russia will be the first one to do so in stargate except from the US. And then perhaps later China will.
                  China would probably be able to build alot of ships fast, being a communist government they do not have to pay their people much, but china doesn't have much in the way of space or minerals though... Maybe the European countries would do a joint adventure.

Comment

like ive said i dont think that intergovermental ships can be done on any scale. the world just isnt reasonable enough. manning a ship with multination -military and research personell however is totally feasable
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                      i think the best chance for an international ship would be if they discovered another ancient ship in PG, and then that became earth offical intergovermental ship, manned by civilians from the atlantis expedition ( who would have just as much experience with ancient tech as the USA by now), that IMO is the only way i can see the joint ship coming in to opperation. we find a ship and man it with personall from all the countries...builting one simply puts the logistics of building a battlecruisers out of proportion withthe gain it could bring...given the fact that the first russian ship gets blown up by all accounts i find it hard to believe any other goverment would be willing to fit the bill on a 3nd grade ship that would be the first to go in a battle.
                      That's a great idea. All Earth has to do is fill the vessel with personnel.

I hope the writers use this idea for a future episode.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        i think the best chance for an international ship would be if they discovered another ancient ship in PG, and then that became earth offical intergovermental ship, manned by civilians from the atlantis expedition ( who would have just as much experience with ancient tech as the USA by now), that IMO is the only way i can see the joint ship coming in to opperation. we find a ship and man it with personall from all the countries...builting one simply puts the logistics of building a battlecruisers out of proportion withthe gain it could bring...given the fact that the first russian ship gets blown up by all accounts i find it hard to believe any other goverment would be willing to fit the bill on a 3nd grade ship that would be the first to go in a battle.
                        Or steel some Ha'tak somewhere and use it as an international warship.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Nah Earth will never use a Ha'tak as an "earth ship". By that i mean maning it and using it for extented periods of time, they may study them, but never use them in a battle unless there despreate(sp). Remember when they retro-fitted a Death Glider, that turned out well!!!! NOT. I think that theyed rather build there own and make it there way other then gutting a Ha'tak and inserting there own weapons, Sheilds(from Asgard), etc. Plus its all in another language!!!!!!

Comment

ah but what about if they find say an ancient ship, or the asgard lend us one for study. plus i dont see the harm in using hataks, it actually makes alot of sense, we dont have alot of firepower we all know that but the hatak has been out there with the big guns for millenia. i think having ( sorry to use RP terms ) tank for us, and the deadalus's/alkesh's/F-302's buff is a good option. 5/6 hataks around earth with the outpost, and a deadalus or three would make earth alot more stable, protected and respected.
                            if you can send ( best case senarious IMO)half a dozen hataks, several BC's, an ancient warship and a fleet of secondary bombers/ fighters and remote controled drones (of any kind) out instead of one ship and maybe some good fighters then your much better off right. i think weve learnt enough about hataks and alkesh's ion our time to be able to cope with them.
                            also the language is known by alot of people now, plus we have translation programs now, even if they are in anubis's ancient code we can still do it because we can decrypt the database.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            11000! green me

Comment

Still, I would rather build my own ships then rely on ships built by someone else. Even if it was the Ancients. And i think the gov. would think so to. And its not like we have tons of supplys the ship needs like Naquadah . It has to be practical to repear and supply.

Comment

we have been studying goauld ships ever since we met the tokra, we had in our possesion dozens of alkesh's, several hatak, and have probley got the entire plans/ blueprint to every current goauld ship over the past 8/9 years. in addition, we now have nerus, he create many goauld technology, and i bet has some decent knowledge on the hataks.
                                the Us has quite a surplus of naquadah ( or alot to churn out 2/3 ships a year). we could (if we cant find them) by them off the lucian allience or the tokra/jaffa/tealc/random traders.
                                i think apart form anything else is the simple fact that we need them. the current ships are great for defence but if the orii come then we aint got a chance, we need fire power, serious and effective firepower, in bulk, fast. if i had to choose between spending enough naquadah for a deadalus on a dozen hataks that might have the possible risk of being a bit dodgy i would take the risk.
                                the hatak is a massive, well armed, well shield, reliable mothership, quite capable of protecting, attacking, deploying troop and is a great all round ship. it would have to be otherwise the goauld wouldnt use them for 5000 years +. i love earth ship, you all knwo that, but i think that for now, in the quick skirmish's we going in to blindly with no energy weapon were not going about it the right way. use a, quick, painless, effective and reliable hatak for all those 'go check out the orii supergate' type thing. then use the deadalus's for fighter deployment, light support craft ship -ship combat agianst fighter and bombers the rail guns cant be beaten).

thats my spin on how we should do this. if we cant another mine, use one mine to produce earth ship and the other mine to pay for hataks. best of both worlds, hatak for 'tanking' (taking the brunt of the battle and dishing out the damage) and the deadalus's for support/buffing (taking out fighters, bombrs, beaming a nuke the middle of the enym ships etc)
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X