Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoooooo immhotep agrees with me that the deadalus is a 303. Cause if immhotep agree then it must be right.

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but they only said that about building more Daedalus class ships. No mention of 303 anywhere in the conversation.

Technically Daedalus shouldn't be a 303 class, but having seen what the writers have done in the past. I wouldn't put it past them to classify it as a 303.

Personally, I believe it to be a Daedalus class as will the Orion & Odyssey & any other ships in the very near future. If Prometheus does get the axe. Then I'm sure that will spell the end of the 303designations. Maybe they will no longer be going by the numbered classifications. Prometheus has BC-303 on it. Don't think I have seen it yet on Daedalus come to think of it.

Comment

I didnt say you though it was a fighter I said you thing its an actual ship, its not it protype.
        The "F" designation means fighter. I don not think it is a fighter.

And the thing is becasue it was a protype, it was made to test and see what is was like. And the Daedalus, was what was designed after taking into account field testing of the Prometheus. And because it was based on the Prometheus it was given the same number 303.
        All you'd needed to have done was read the quote...
        Originally posted by That site
        (4) Design Number: Each vehicle type and basic mission symbol is used to form a separate series of design numbers. E.g., all helicopters are designated in a single numerical sequence, while "normal" aircraft are designated in separate series according to their basic mission. According to the instructions, the numbers in each series are to be assigned in strict numerical sequence without reference to manufacturers' model numbers and/or existing numbers in other MDS series. However, this rule is rather often violated nowadays, e.g. by using the manufacturer's model number (e.g. KC-767A), retaining the number when a new designation in another series is assigned (e.g. the production variant of the X-35 was designated F-35, although the next number in the F-series was 24), or allocating "special" numbers (e.g. X-50A, T-6A). For more information on these and other examples, see article on Non-Standard DOD Aircraft Designations. Also, sometimes numbers are skipped in one series because they are in use at the same time in another series (e.g. C-34 was skipped to "avoid confusion" with T-34).
        Im just saying that the Daedalus is the BC 303 and the Prometheus is the x 303.
        Well that's wrong. As that site clearly illustrated the letter at the start of the designation is the mission type, the class is defined by the design number. The production variant of a craft of X designation is given its proper designation but it is still the same design. if it weren't it would need a new number; like Daedalus and Prometheus.

IMO cannon means anything officially declared by the TPTB or anything appear on television in stargate SG1.
        Writers testimonies are about as apocryphal as they get.

actually it is known, the deadalus is a 303. quote for TTTB ''the international commitee feel it would be prudent to invest more resources in the production of more deadalus class 303 battle cruisers vessels and the atlantis expedition' cue vala
        That is utter fabrication. Fisher says "Now it's time time for devoting our resources to exploiting those technologies for plantary defense namely by building more Daedalus class ships.".

The actual quote supports me; note it's a Daedalus class and according to American class nomenclature the class is named after the lead ship.

The orion and odesey are not likely to be any different to the deadalus in anthing but names. theere is not military or strategic point to change the type of ship you are using everytime you build a new ship.
        Daedalus/Prometheus

QED
        Last edited by Lord §okar; 30 October 2005, 06:25 PM.
        Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Lord Sokar you are not going by canon. You are assuming based on real life information. This is Stargate, not Lord Sokar guess gate. Check the Omnipedia, search for 303, 302, 301 and then search for 304 and nothing will come up.
          I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

The Omnipedia is not eh be all and end all of Stargate knowledge, but you're right. For those of you who missed it the first time I'll say it again: I can't prove that the Daedalus is a 304 class ship, but if logic holds it would be, cos it ain't a 303.

Lord Sokar you are not going by canon. You are assuming based on real life information.
            I am so going by the canon and I'm also referencing real life millitary practice to reach a conclusion. It's called "deduction".
            Last edited by Lord §okar; 30 October 2005, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Ahh logic. Isn't it great that we all think logic has a place in science fiction A powerful race of parasites enslave the entire galaxy for thousands of years but it takes a primitive race of humans 10 years to free the galaxy, and not only from the Goa'uld but from an enemy that can replicate and is invulnerable to energy weapons, an enemy that can't even be beaten by a race that has conquered intergalactic travel. Now that's logic
              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Comment

So since Earth defeated the Goa'uld, Daedalus isn't a 304?

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                  Ahh logic. Isn't it great that we all think logic has a place in science fiction A powerful race of parasites enslave the entire galaxy for thousands of years but it takes a primitive race of humans 10 years to free the galaxy, and not only from the Goa'uld but from an enemy that can replicate and is invulnerable to energy weapons, an enemy that can't even be beaten by a race that has conquered intergalactic travel. Now that's logic
                  Science Fiction, gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                    So since Earth defeated the Goa'uld, Daedalus isn't a 304?
                    *watches as the point flies right over Lord Sokar's head*

I'm rather suprised it did with that big head of yours.

Comment

I got your point, it's a red herring that I was making sport of. Grand unlikelyhoods due to absurd deus ex machinae do not invalidate logical principles and even if they did that would be no reason to discard the whole doctrine of thought.

Comment

You're one of those people that watch cartoons and see the main character's head get chopped off and in the next episode he's fine, you are the person in the crowd that yells out "BUT HIS HEAD WAS CHOPPED OFF!!!1!!!eleventyone!!1" Just to show everyone that logic has been chewed up and spit out. Then everyone laughs and says stfu n00b It's Stargate, who cares if they don't follow American protocol in naming ships. "OMG THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW OUR GREAT NATION IN NAMING THEIR SHIPS, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!" It's a TV show, it's allowed to make mistakes, it's allowed to create wonderful and amazing things, it's allowed to make it's own things up When you understand this then you are truely human

Comment

You're one of those people that watch cartoons and see the main character's head get chopped off and in the next episode he's fine,
                          I see.

Logically you're an imbecile, worse you're also ignorant of this discussion, the nature of this TV show and a great deal of reality.

Comment

I'm ignorant? I'm not the one saying something which contradicts canon. Nature of Stargate? A gate which travels to the stars, sci-fi, science fiction, a show about the imagination of several great people. I'm not the one yelling from the rooftops that logic has been abandonded. It's a TV show, it's science fiction, it can do whatever it wants.

Comment

I'm not the one saying something which contradicts canon.
                              Who is?

I'm not the one yelling from the rooftops that logic has been abandonded.
                              Who is?

See? Ignorant, completely, of the topic, and of my position. You are the worst kind of debater; a troll who simply wants to argue and couldn't even have the courtesy to comprehend the topic before spouting his lobotomized comments.

Comment

You are.

You are.

Comment

Working...
                                X