Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Earth has limited resources, and we havnt started large scale mining of off-world assets (aside for naquadah and trinium), if earth wants to build a fleet then they should opt for smaller numbers of deadalus class ships, and larger numbers of smaller but powerful ships (like the Defiant from ST). They should also have as small a crew as possible. I think I remember reading that the Defiant could be operated with 14 crew members. Because of Asgard tech, these smaller ships should be able to take out a Ha'tak with conventional weapons (no beaming nukes). For the forseeable future, the expenditure possible by earth on space fleets will be limited, so this would be maximizing our defense and exploration capabilities.
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

i think the best ship we have is the F-302, it may not be big but can sure do some damage! and with some asgard and hebriden mods i think it could be amazing....i made a design for it on the first page of the ship design thread...the F-303
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ALHDZSZ

theres your x304
        cool pic, whered you get it?
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Ah, more Sci/Tech -> FanFiction material.
          Originally posted by Eireann
          Heres a picture of what my ship looks like.
          Why are there arms? Shove the arms back onto the side of the ship! (Unless they need to be out, which I doubt.)

As for mid-range ships, Earth does need to try and design/make some. They don't need to be able to take out a Ha'tak 1v1 (just 2v1), but they should be able to stand up to some punishment before going down.
          This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            yes we should but the FJN are or might turn in to a threat, especially it the nation factionates and some of them dont like us...im not saying they could kick our a** but they give it a go! all we need to do to beat of a hatak attacking earth is hook up the outpost to markII's and shoot away....but for surgical strikes against for example and orii super gate, a ship with that specific function should be developed.
            Ok so then the x304 should be a tactical attak vessel, something small and very manuverable with energy weapons and cloaking (we could recover some from puddle jumpers) as well as a fast sublight engein and galactic hyperdrives for exploration. This way we could make a small fleet of earth jumpers-alkeshes with hyperdrives in order to make attacks, and the antartica base for planetary defense.

ps. the ship's from dr. evil
            Last edited by ALHDZSZ; 29 October 2005, 02:57 PM.
            signature

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
              Ah, more Sci/Tech -> FanFiction material.Why are there arms? Shove the arms back onto the side of the ship! (Unless they need to be out, which I doubt.)

As for mid-range ships, Earth does need to try and design/make some. They don't need to be able to take out a Ha'tak 1v1 (just 2v1), but they should be able to stand up to some punishment before going down.
              Well the arms were remove to make it smaller, and you right it donts really need to be able to take on a ha'tak, but it would be nice if it could. And with the new techology that we could get (from the PJ/Asgard) we could easily build a ship that small that could take out a ha'tak.

Comment

The Shadows had pretty fancy ships, I would like to see something akin to this, become the mid-range fighter, for an Earth battle fleet. Nothing like an Asgard, or a Puddle Jumper, something entirely conceived would be a best way to go about it. Incorporate drones, if ever it is deduced how to produce them, they seem like the most effective weapons we've yet to see.

Comment

i think those asgard energy cannon are pretty sweet, as was the big honking satalite laser. drones could be countered by the orii IMO because they are based on ancient tech, we need something totally new.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

I think we should continue to build ships like the daedlas, as it is the most advanced ship we have. As for smaller ships. I think is a good idea but they should be created after earth has a few bigger ships first.

Proud Supporter of:
                    - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                    - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

I think we need a bigger and better daedlas, with asgard weapons, and more space for those amazing f302's. It would be a super carrier, instead of a battle crusier.

Comment

no i think that earth needs to create a little fleet of BC-303s' lets put a ballpoint figure of 12 on it, and then use either mercinary alkesh ships (either from the FJN or kick the crap outta the lucian allince and steal those ships) to make us look massive, give the alkesh a paint job of shining white or silver and they would look really nice.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

dont ya just love it! i prefer it to every other ship...i look soo classy compared to any other gouald ship (besides that spikes osiris teltak which was class!):
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Daedalus is the X-304.
                            Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Suppose so ,a super would be nice but it would take to look to develop and build. Bigger and better bc 303 would be the best move. But I think the bc303 need more offensive weapons of it own, and more space for f302's. Hopefully the next one will get asgard weapon and/or onther weapons that can do some damage on the bigger ships. Plus the 302 needs rail guns, and if it get them then it would be the best fighter than we know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                                Daedalus is the X-304.
                                NO!!!!! the deadalus is a BC-303. there has never been a 304 beside the ones peopel on this forum have invented. YET. the orion and the odesey will be 303 just like the deadalus.
                                the promethius was 303 as well the only difference is the BC and X classification. The technology onboard is exactly the same now. the prommie has the new hyperdrive as well ( carter was working on it in avalon).
                                The 304 does not exist in any part of stargate. YET!
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X