X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord §okar
    Daedalus is the X-304.
    Mind if I disagree?
    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

You'd better not, he will bring out his physics books
      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

the stargate show is my reference and he can bring whatever physics that he likes in to it and i can tell you that no 304 has ever been talked about, appeared or even been touched upon by any area of the show past present or future.
        The only 304's that have ever been discussed are those we created in our heads in this fine arena of knowledge.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          NO!!!!! the deadalus is a BC-303. there has never been a 304 beside the ones peopel on this forum have invented. YET. the orion and the odesey will be 303 just like the deadalus.
          the promethius was 303 as well the only difference is the BC and X classification. The technology onboard is exactly the same now. the prommie has the new hyperdrive as well ( carter was working on it in avalon).
          The 304 does not exist in any part of stargate. YET!
          The Prometheus is a 303 class ship. The Daedalus is very clearly not part of the same class as the Prometheus on account on its conspicuous physical differences. Logic would hold that it would be a 304 class vessel, however that's not known.

the orion and the odesey will be 303 just like the deadalus.
          Bit of an incongriuity here:
          Two things: Daedalus isn't a 303 (two ships in the same class look the same, this is accepted nomenclature), Orion and Odyssey will most likely be part of a new class altogether.

Mind if I disagree?
          Be my guest.

The technology onboard is exactly the same now.
          Your point (and proof) would be...?

the stargate show is my reference
          Evidently strict canon isn't your only source since you reference material that can only be found in the apocrypha: writers testimonies regarding new ships, etc. If you don't see/hear it onscreen it's not canon.

and he can bring whatever physics that he likes in to it and i can tell you that no 304 has ever been talked about,
          Exactly so, therefore there is no absolute gospel that tells you Orion and Odyssey will be part of any definite class at all (as an aside).

Incidentally, from which interview did you glean this information?
          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Well, despite the desgn and the function of the ship, i think that the weapons systems should be more inclined to palentary defense, as well as research, if the ori are really that powerful, and they are heading our way, there is no way we could asmas a large enough fleet in time to fight them throughout the galaxy.
            We need an orbitaly defense station from which to launch drones, misiles, energy blasts etc............Also we could put the stargte up there to minimize risks, and continue with weapons research and development in orbit so people won't suspect.

We cant worry about the rest of the galaxy, if they cant fight the ori its thier problem, we've already done enough for them.
            signature

Comment

Orion and Odyssey will most likely be part of a new class altogether.
              No offense, but mind if I ask what makes you think that?
              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

It's pure speculation, but it wouldn't be unprecedented. Instead of manufacturing a new 303 they went and made the Daedalus.

Comment

It's pure speculation, but it wouldn't be unprecedented. Instead of manufacturing a new 303 they went and made the Daedalus.
                  But the daedualus is the BC-303. So they did make a 303.

Comment

Daedalus is the X-304.
                    This was my reasoning:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=34

Comment

And you point is what expactly, you dont show anything to prove that the Daedalus is the 304. Where as its well knowN by everyone (expect you) that the Daedalus is the BC-303.

Comment

Where as its well knowN by everyone (expect you) that the Daedalus is the BC-303.
                        Oh is it now? Why doesn't everyone pipe up and tell me from where in the canon they gleaned this universal truth.

And you point is what expactly, you dont show anything to prove that the Daedalus is the 304.
                        Do you know how to click links (or scroll)? 1) Two ships in the same class look identical, that's the way class nomenclature works (as I plainly said) 2) Though I don't know for certain logic would tend to dictate that the Daedalus (being a non-303 ship) would belong to the class after 303, namely 304 (again as I plainly said).

To bottom line this, it's not a 303 and it's more than likely a 304. That's my point.

Comment

Where as its well knowN by everyone (expect you) that the Daedalus is the BC-303.
                          Oh is it now? Why doesn't everyone pipe up and tell me from where in the canon they gleaned this universal truth.

And you point is what expactly, you dont show anything to prove that the Daedalus is the 304.
                          Do you know how to click links (or scroll)? 1) Two ships in the same class look identical, that's the way class nomenclature works (as I plainly said) 2) Though I don't know for certain logic would tend to dictate that the Daedalus (being a non-303 ship) would belong to the class after 303, namely 304 (again as I plainly said).

To bottom line this, it's not a 303 and it's more than likely a 304. That's my point.
                          Well I do know how to click and scroll, and a read everything you said before. But the problem is you think that the Phometheus is the f-303. Its not its the x-303 which makes a BIG difference the x means that it is a protype not a class of ships or even a design. But the bc-303 (the Daedalus) is the ship that was developed from the x303 phometheus. So thats why it is call the
                          bc-303 even though its not exactly the same as the phometheus

Comment

But the problem is you think that the Phometheus is the f-303
                            No, I don't think it's a fighter.

Its not its the x-303 which makes a BIG difference the x means that it is a protype not a class of ships or even a design. But the bc-303 (the Daedalus) is the ship that was developed from the x303 phometheus.
                            The X prefix designates an experimental stage of the 303 class. When the production run of non-experimental vessels begins they are given their true prefix (in the case of X-302 -> F-302, they are the same type of vessel). A BC-303 would look exactly like the X-303 just as the F-302s look identical to the X-302. Whether it was designed as a result of the 303 project or not the Daedalus is in no way the same class of ship as the Prometheus.

http://www.designation-systems.net/u.../aircraft.html
                            Originally posted by That site
                            (4) Design Number: Each vehicle type and basic mission symbol is used to form a separate series of design numbers. E.g., all helicopters are designated in a single numerical sequence, while "normal" aircraft are designated in separate series according to their basic mission. According to the instructions, the numbers in each series are to be assigned in strict numerical sequence without reference to manufacturers' model numbers and/or existing numbers in other MDS series. However, this rule is rather often violated nowadays, e.g. by using the manufacturer's model number (e.g. KC-767A), retaining the number when a new designation in another series is assigned (e.g. the production variant of the X-35 was designated F-35, although the next number in the F-series was 24), or allocating "special" numbers (e.g. X-50A, T-6A). For more information on these and other examples, see article on Non-Standard DOD Aircraft Designations. Also, sometimes numbers are skipped in one series because they are in use at the same time in another series (e.g. C-34 was skipped to "avoid confusion" with T-34).

Comment

But the problem is you think that the Phometheus is the f-303
                              No, I don't think it's a fighter.

I didnt say you though it was a fighter I said you thing its an actual ship, its not it protype.

And the thing is becasue it was a protype, it was made to test and see what is was like. And the Daedalus, was what was designed after taking into account field testing of the Prometheus. And because it was based on the Prometheus it was given the same number 303.

Whether it was designed as a result of the 303 project or not the Daedalus is in no way the same class of ship as the Prometheus.

And I not saying that is or isnt in the same class, Im just saying that the Daedalus is the BC 303 and the Prometheus is the x 303.

Comment

The Prometheus is a 303 class ship. The Daedalus is very clearly not part of the same class as the Prometheus on account on its conspicuous physical differences. Logic would hold that it would be a 304 class vessel, however that's not known.
                                actually it is known, the deadalus is a 303. quote for TTTB ''the international commitee feel it would be prudent to invest more resources in the production of more deadalus class 303 battle cruisers vessels and the atlantis expedition' cue vala
                                that is perfectly cannon

the orion and the odesey will be 303 just like the deadalus.
                                Bit of an incongriuity here:
                                Two things: Daedalus isn't a 303 (two ships in the same class look the same, this is accepted nomenclature), Orion and Odyssey will most likely be part of a new class altogether.
                                from the quote above it seems likely that the pentagon would not want to invest significant resources in to ship that at our current technological level is not improvable.

The technology onboard is exactly the same now.
                                Your point (and proof) would be...?
                                my point is that a ship class is defined by its use and what it capabilities are. the promethius was an experimental vessel used to defend earth against the goauld using asgard techology giving to us by the asgard thor.
                                the deadalus is the first test of the vessel class resulting from promethius to defend the atlantis base from the wraith using asgard technology given to use by the asgard high council.
                                The technology on both vessel are the same. the only difference is that promethius was upgrade with them, to test our competancy with them and the deadalus was built with them in the design.
                                the deadalus and promthius both have:
                                rail guns
                                mark VIII missiles
                                beaming technology
                                asgard scanners
                                asgard hyperdrive ( as of avalon )

ok they dont have an asgard on board, thats it! but actually agir is said to be on one of the ships, im betting orion.

the stargate show is my reference
                                Evidently strict canon isn't your only source since you reference material that can only be found in the apocrypha: writers testimonies regarding new ships, etc. If you don't see/hear it onscreen it's not canon.
                                IMO cannon means anything officially declared by the TPTB or anything appear on television in stargate SG1.

and he can bring whatever physics that he likes in to it and i can tell you that no 304 has ever been talked about,
                                Exactly so, therefore there is no absolute gospel that tells you Orion and Odyssey will be part of any definite class at all (as an aside).

Incidentally, from which interview did you glean this information?
                                The orion and odesey are not likely to be any different to the deadalus in anthing but names. theere is not military or strategic point to change the type of ship you are using everytime you build a new ship. change is gradual. We experimented with the promethius, tested with the deadalus in pegasus and now we are simply producing. If significant technology is discovered that makes it neccisary to change our ships to accomodate this new tactical advantage then i would think the experiemnt, test, produce method would be used again.
                                the information is IMO cannon, we know they were planning to build more ships because A, its comon sense! and B, because in TTTB they say its their main objective and C, because its been said by the producers.
                                If you had to choose between 2 ships forever or work a bit on those 2 ship and a base and then produce 20 ship over 10 year, hat would you choose if you had just discovered the greatest enemy in the history of the universe is trying to force your entire galaxy to worship them?
                                Last edited by immhotep; 30 October 2005, 10:14 AM.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X