Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true, but what if some advanced race of aliens were comming through with wonderful technologies but since they dies teh aliens decided we were bad and came and attacked us?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuu
      I thought it was 50 micrometers.
      yea that would allow matter to reintergrate possible enough to take out the iris
      My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

im shure daniel would convince them that it was an axident

Comment

They could switch from an iris to a forcefield and have it only allow through the team and it could use their DNA to identify them.

Owen Macri

Comment

If it only allows the team members though, then what if they were brining someone with them, like alantis rising when they took the poeple of the planet that was just attacked by the wraiths.
            This is my sugnature!
            Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

it will have a seting to let other ppl in

Comment

Yes, obviously in that situation they would type in a code and deactivate the shield entirley.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                  They could switch from an iris to a forcefield and have it only allow through the team and it could use their DNA to identify them.

Owen Macri
                  But wouldn't that strip away all other matter that didn't contain Team DNA, like weapons and clothes?
                  JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                  VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                  MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                  LANDRY
                  : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                  Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                  Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

Well, if you only allowed through the DNA. However, you would only be identiying the person by their DNA. Obviously this would alsobe smart enough to know approximatley how much DNA, was in the person, so a Goa'uld could simply rip out a chunk of skin, and try to walk back through, and either way, that would only allow through the DNA of the eye, so the Goa'uld, or anyenemy for that matter, could not take your DNA and walk back through.

Owen Macri

Comment

So you'd be scanning for DNA in the few seconds while the matter is in inside of the wormhole in the form of energy?
                      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                      LANDRY
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

No the Stargate has to read the information being sent that is used to rematerialize information, which will include the DNA, or the matter which is requesting rematerialization. As for the time, it is not a factor, with the Ancients technology a split second scan would not be a problem. But this is not the way I am proposing it would work anyways.

The scan taken of the body, would be programmed into the shield software, so the shield would automatically allow that person through. The shield could be placed far enough away from the event horizon to allow the rematerialization and split second scanning of the matter. The computing power required to decided whether or not to allow rematerialization of the matter would not be a problem either with the Ancients' level of technology.

Owen Macri

Comment

No the Stargate has to read the information being sent that is used to rematerialize information, which will include the DNA, or the matter which is requesting rematerialization. As for the time, it is not a factor, with the Ancients technology a split second scan would not be a problem. But this is not the way I am proposing it would work anyways.

The scan taken of the body, would be programmed into the shield software, so the shield would automatically allow that person through. The shield could be placed far enough away from the event horizon to allow the rematerialization and split second scanning of the matter. The computing power required to decided whether or not to allow rematerialization of the matter would not be a problem either with the Ancients' level of technology.

Owen Macri
                          Then again, it'd probably have to be human-made to incorporate everything we want to put in it.
                          LANDRY
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Sorry, what would have to be human technology, and what would be want to put in it? I am not sure we are on the same wavelength.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well, if you only allowed through the DNA. However, you would only be identiying the person by their DNA. Obviously this would alsobe smart enough to know approximatley how much DNA, was in the person, so a Goa'uld could simply rip out a chunk of skin, and try to walk back through, and either way, that would only allow through the DNA of the eye, so the Goa'uld, or anyenemy for that matter, could not take your DNA and walk back through.

Owen Macri
                              Wouldn't the computer still detect the host and symboite dna also thereby only allowing the piece of skin through but not the person holding it? Also, do can one tell the difference between Tok'ra and Goa'uld through their dna since if it could detect them and then not let them through, Major Carter would not have made it through when she had Jolinar in her.

Originally posted by captain keys
                              it will have a seting to let other ppl in
                              Wouldn't that only work if they had time to send a pre-coded message? If not, there would be no way to tell friend from foe coming back with/after the team.
                              "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

Well if the SGC wants to upgrade it's iris, a few things should be identified first.

1. high tech races like Nox, Tollan tech level, are probably going to be able to walk right through anything we implement, so be resigned to the fact that an iris/sheild will not be 100 percent effective.

2. it's nice to be able to see/analyse what what your going to squish before you actually do so, so maybe we want a shield that extends about two meters infront of the gate in a tubular type room. That way you can look at them and then just dial the gate and let the wave take them, if you really don't like them. The shield tech that prometheus and deadelus use should be quite suitable.

3. if you can see them and think it might be worth asking a few questions, just overload the shield in a manner that causes a charge to be transmitted to the occupants which acts like a heavy duty zat or tranqaliser. If you are afraid that the aliens in there might resist that then set the overload to emit a EMP like field blast into the shield area which should hopefuly fry all their exotic guns that might of been able to fire through the shield.

4. Maybe the earth gate should be re located to the moon so that if something really nasty comes through that we can't handle then there is a bit of a buffer before it starts walking around downtown somewhere in america. You set up an asgard transporter on earth that transports SG-1 personal to and from the base. The rest of the earth nations might be happier about a more international feel to the SGC if it was on the moon.

Yeah I'm getting carried away.

MCL
                                Time to talk to the Asgard and Nox about an Anti-Ori campaign!

Comment

Working...
                                X