Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they don't know how to create them and also we have a computer to operate it not a DHD... and the other stargates are usually out in the open WITH a DHD
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

no. no, I mean people on Jonas' planet has the technology to build an iris....i think, their technology is around circa 1945 it's possible, if they decect gate activity, push a button and close the iris.

There are other civilizations that are as advance as humans, others even better, they could easily build an iris. Also, we know the goulds have forcefiled technology, why not make a forcefield around the stargate, like atlantis?
      ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

You could always tilt the 'gate up, so the people just fall back in.
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

they do in baals teritory when riak was captured and daniel remembers it that gate had a sheild

Comment

well if Baal has forcefields, why don't the other goulds?
            ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Apophis also indicated that he had some sort of Iris. When Sokar is burning through the Iris with his particle accelerator (actually it's a wonder none of the other Gau'uld ever tried this again), Apophis says he used the same method against him.

Comment

its b/c sokar tried to do it and failed so the other system lords probly didnt try it cause they new we could stop it

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                  You could always tilt the 'gate up, so the people just fall back in.

Lol there really isn't anyway round that, noone would ever get through.
                  "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
                  Woman:What
                  Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Hey hi, I'm new here but I'm very curious to ask something about the iris. Why doesn't the stargate's "wooosh" when the whirlpool is formed destroy the iris? I thought the "wooosh" was supposed to destroy anything in it's path?

Comment

The woosh has to have a few microns to reintergrate and the iris is to close for the wosh.
                      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                      Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                      - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                      - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

its b/c the iris holds it in u can here the "whoose" hit the iris

Comment

Revolutionary space spaving technology, what would normally take up hundreds of miles can now take up NO room at all! Only $999.99, now in pink!

lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

oooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaw i want one

Comment

Okay, let's consider how smart a device the Iris really is. Let's say your an SG team on an away mission to p3x-whatever. All the sudden, you get caught in a fire-fight. You are vasley out numbered so you have to get out fast, you dial up the gate in ahurry, but because of the fact that your under heave fire, you forget to send your signal from your GDO and you and your team go through the gate only to die. There;s gotta be a better way to do that.

Comment

well the sheild that coverd the star gate in the ep "ORPHEUS" u had to send a sertant singnal and the sheild automaticly shut down +i dont think an sg team would forget about the gdo

Comment

Working...
                                X