Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what you are trying to say, it makes a lot of sense. Actually the stargate is a relativley simple device, there is only one complex part that we know of for sure, that is the creation and supportion of the wormhole, the wormhole is the only difficult part for us to achieve, other than that the stargate is relativly simple. (I am not including the simultation of bodily fuctions after dematerialization, which also wouldn't be to complicated, when you think of it.)

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      I understand what you are trying to say, it makes a lot of sense. Actually the stargate is a relativley simple device, there is only one complex part that we know of for sure, that is the creation and supportion of the wormhole, the wormhole is the only difficult part for us to achieve, other than that the stargate is relativly simple. (I am not including the simultation of bodily fuctions after dematerialization, which also wouldn't be to complicated, when you think of it.)
      Owen Macri
      well when i said complex i meant it seems very complex to us, not the Ancients, the gate would have to have scanners and safeguard and other such things so that gate travel is safe, these things aren't mentioned in the show I was just theorizing

Comment

I think I understand, but I am still saying that even to us the Stargate is not that complicated.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          I think I understand, but I am still saying that even to us the Stargate is not that complicated.

Owen Macri
          well i guess it couldn't be that complex to us considering that we made our own dialing device

Comment

Now that was incredibly easy, all we had to do was convert our computer code into the gates' language of electrical impulses, then fire them into the gate, the DHD communication is one of the spimlest aspects of stargate.

Owen Macri

Comment

...Except that it took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to create that program
              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
              LANDRY
              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
              Mmm... Green...

Comment

That was because we had no prior knowledge of the gate. We didn't even know what it did, other than move in a circle and make some cool noises.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                X