This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nurgle
    The ep. where the ship travels between galaxies in a few seconds is "Small Victories", but later episodes show Asgard ships moving at a much slower space. In "The Reckoning Pt I" it seems the Danial Jackson is taking quite a long time to get from the battle with the replicator ships to Earth.
    We don't know where they are going. For all we know, they could be hopping over 6 or 7 galaxies.
    sigpic

Comment

The new Asguard homeworld is in an unspecified galaxy, which location we don't know.
      -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
      -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
      -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
        The new Asguard homeworld is in an unspecified galaxy, which location we don't know.
        I think they live in the same galaxy as before just another planet.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

well in the last few season theyve had abotu 4 new homeworlds! i think well see it in S9, with our intergalatic engine, oniel will go visit thor just to ask if he wants to go fishing!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            I think they live in the same galaxy as before just another planet.
            It was never specified, however, given the incredible ability the Asgard have to get from the Milky Way to their home galaxy in just a few minutes, and the trip to Orila took quite a bit of time, its reasonable to assume that the Asgard moved their new planet to a galaxy far far away to protect it.....
            sigpic

Comment

I agree, with the Replicators dominating the Ida Galaxy it would not be safe, smart, nor logical to remain with you homeworld in that vicinity.

Owen Macri

Comment

This seems like the appropriate thread.

The Taonas ZPM was essentially depleted after activating the attack on Anubis's fleet and one gate travel between earth and atlantis.

Ra's ZPM has, so far, opened 2 (probably 3 or more) wormholes between earth and atlantis, powered the Daedulus very quickly between earth and Atlantis once, and powered the city shield against a significant and draining Wraith attack. How much longer can Ra's ZPM last, especially if they desire to open more wormholes between atlantis and earth?

(Of course we do not know the relative condition of these two ZPM's when they were first acquired by SG-1)

Comment

I believe that Ras' ZPM had never been, or almost never been used, from the sounds of it. At least it hadn't been used by Ra. I believe even though they made it sound like the ZPM was loosing a lot of power, it wasn't actually, the ZPM seems to have more power than we can imagine, and if a hyperspace trip a wormhole and a few billion shots by the Wraith are to much for it, maybe we need a new power source.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                    This seems like the appropriate thread.

The Taonas ZPM was essentially depleted after activating the attack on Anubis's fleet and one gate travel between earth and atlantis.

Ra's ZPM has, so far, opened 2 (probably 3 or more) wormholes between earth and atlantis, powered the Daedulus very quickly between earth and Atlantis once, and powered the city shield against a significant and draining Wraith attack. How much longer can Ra's ZPM last, especially if they desire to open more wormholes between atlantis and earth?

(Of course we do not know the relative condition of these two ZPM's when they were first acquired by SG-1)
                    The Taonas ZPM was almost totally depleted even before they used it, so if you want to think about it like a gas tank they were running on fumes, please refer to the first line of my sig
                    Last edited by Col. Newman; 24 July 2005, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Hmmm. Thiz ZPM information intrests me.

In the siege part 3, McKay explained that if the wraith kept attacking atlantis, the cities shields would only sustain for 3 or 4 days. This is drastically contrasting to the fact that a previous ZPM powered the cities shields for 10,000 years.

Like owen said, its doubtful that much power was used in gating to pegasus, and bringing the daedalus there quicker, therefore why would McKay say the shields would only last for that short amount of time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazmeister

In the siege part 3, McKay explained that if the wraith kept attacking atlantis, the cities shields would only sustain for 3 or 4 days. This is drastically contrasting to the fact that a previous ZPM powered the cities shields for 10,000 years.

Like owen said, its doubtful that much power was used in gating to pegasus, and bringing the daedalus there quicker, therefore why would McKay say the shields would only last for that short amount of time?
                        well I was surprised by that but it would take a crap load more energy to sustain the shield when the wraith are bombarding it with energy weapons then just a constant pressure that could have been compensated for

Comment

I have not seen Atlantis, but I'm guess that the previous ZPM did not take a big attack and was barly holding back the water. And I think it's easyer to hold back water than an attack.
                          This is my sugnature!
                          Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

1.21 Gigawatts!

Help!
                            My emojournal

Comment

I would have to say, this is because, allthough the ZPMs lasted for ten thousand years holding the ocean back, they did have three. Also, the were holding back one constant force upon the shield, the presure of the water. The Wraith weapons were a lot stronger than the water. The weapons were launched at incredible speeds and there were a lot more, so I can assume with the increased force on the shields and the intervals between the inflicted force, the shield may not have held for as long.

Owen Macri

Comment

Owen Macri, you just said with more words what I did.
                                This is my sugnature!
                                Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Working...
                                X